Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Michigan Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Michigan should be posted here.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk2010 View Post
Wow I haven't been on here in a long time... Wonderful new that he's coming home!!! My BF has 20 months left. Was any of your LO released the first time up against the PB? We have twin boys they will be almost 4 when he get's to come home I am hoping and praying that he's able to come home with us but I am not holding my breath!! I am sure were going to have to jump through hoops just as everyone else has. Can anyone give me any insite as to what it's like being a loved one and going up against the PB? What do they ask? Are they rude? I am so nervous and I still have over a year before it happens!!! Hope all is well with everyone!!

My stepson was turned down the first time he came up for parole because he had not completed the mandatory sex offendor therapy program. He was called back early after he completed therapy. His parole started 7 months after his ERD.

The parole hearings are not normally an issue for the family member. If you are polite they are normally polite. There questions for you will be centered about living arrangements and what you can do to keep your loved one from reoffending when released. Total process in less than 15 minutes.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2012, 07:37 AM

It says As of 6/1/2011, so it won't be retroactive for those who had crimes prior to 6-2011, even if they aren't on parole yet? That stinks
Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved. Acts 16:31

Last edited by G'sMom; 05-09-2012 at 07:52 AM..
Old 05-09-2012, 09:04 AM

Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,360 Posts

Offenders monitored on GPS consist of parolees who may be monitored up to 2 years, 8 probationers who are monitored based on extenuating circumstances surrounding the nature of their instant offense, and 5 offenders who have completed their parole and are wearing Lifetime GPS. Pursuant to state law, if an offender is sentenced to prison for CSC 1st or 2nd, the sentencing court also must sentence the offender to lifetime GPS if the offense was committed on or after August 28, 2006, at the time of the offense the offender was 17 years of age or older, and the victim was less than 13 years of age.

Hebrews 13:3 NIV3Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:56 PM
His Queen Forever! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by G'sMom View Post
It says As of 6/1/2011, so it won't be retroactive for those who had crimes prior to 6-2011, even if they aren't on parole yet? That stinks
I assume you are referring to the info Tim's Hope posted about the GPS/Tether?
Going with that assumption ....
No it means for those paroled after that date.
If it's not retroactive than it will not be for those already out on parole.
But, no the changes has nothing to do with when convicted.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Diosa View Post
I assume you are referring to the info Tim's Hope posted about the GPS/Tether?
Going with that assumption ....
No it means for those paroled after that date.
If it's not retroactive than it will not be for those already out on parole.
But, no the changes has nothing to do with when convicted.

I agree with you Luna, that is how I am interpreting it too. I know two people who are SO's and paroled recently. The first person paroled in Jan. 2011 and has to wear the GPS the full 2 yrs. At one time, his PO told him that he might be put on regular tether after the first yr. Jan. 2012 rolled around and he asked his PO about it. PO told him that he wasn't sure what was going on and the rules have changed again, and he has to continue wearing it.

The second person paroled in March 2012. He was told by his PO that if he does good the 1st year, he will have the GPS taken off and placed on regular tether for the 2nd yr. This is consistent with the Legislative Report in my other post.

My personal opinion....I think the state is finding out that they can't afford the GPS monitoring costs to run the program. Even though the parolees are charged for it, most don't have jobs and aren't able to pay for it anyway. The state still has to pick up the tab.