Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington DOC - What You Need to Know > Washington Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Washington Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Washington prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the Washington forum.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Leslie Redic

Default Phone issues...problems with account?

Has anyone had any problems with their v-direct account? Last night my man tried to call for an hour straight..every time I'd answer..the pre recorded message wouldn't ever come on to give me the option to accept the call...just stagnant air..everyone elses calls were going thru fine..anyone had this problem before? I called customer service and they said he has to contact the phone people at the institution..highly frustrated!! Don't know what to do....

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Site Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,964 Times in 1,387 Posts

Sorry I can't help... I haven't been on the phone with my husband in awhile so I don't know of any issues going on. What you describe has happened to us in the past though.

PTO Quarterly Winter Edition
Follow the Link to the newest Edition!

Old 05-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Account Closed

Yes, I have had this happen before. I have a friend at Airway Heights and he has called before where the recording never started. I went nuts calling Sprint, V-Connect and anyone else I could think of trying to find the problem. No one around him was having the same problem, so it just seems to be a ghost problem at times. I think the issue lasted for a day and then corrected itself.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:05 AM

I have issues with accepting the call. I press "5" as instructed and NOTHING happens. Sometimes it take 5 calls for it work!

Old 05-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Hunnybear

It periodically happens and my hunny just keeps calling back. You don't get charged for them although it can get to be a little irritating. Eventually it does go thru.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Leslie Redic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg1337
I have issues with accepting the call. I press "5" as instructed and NOTHING happens. Sometimes it take 5 calls for it work!
Omg! I'm so glad i'm not the only one with that issue too...its sooooo frustrating!! I thought it was my cell phone..good to know others have the same problem! Thought I was going crazy...lol

Old 05-15-2012, 11:28 PM
Leslie Redic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunnybear1
It periodically happens and my hunny just keeps calling back. You don't get charged for them although it can get to be a little irritating. Eventually it does go thru.
lol yes..but my man is impatient at times lol so will only try a few times before he gives up lol men.....

Old 05-16-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsredic16 View Post
Omg! I'm so glad i'm not the only one with that issue too...its sooooo frustrating!! I thought it was my cell phone..good to know others have the same problem! Thought I was going crazy...lol
I thought it was my cell phone too!!! Then I heard other people had issues too.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Searching for answers

We have had the same thing happening with securus. Sometimes it lasts all day but usually after 4 or 5 tries he can get through, then no problems for a few days and then it happens again. No other inmates are having that problem and securus says there is no issues.

I have spent so much time on the phone with them due to issues that I'm about ready to start billing at the same rate the charge us to accept calls through them. I personally feel that if I'm paying $6.50 for a 15 min call that they should be able to resolve issues and maintain their equipment.

“I know, up on top you are seeing great sights, but down here at the bottom we, too, should have rights.”
~ Dr. Seuss
Old 07-21-2012, 09:54 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon_Dancer View Post
We have had the same thing happening with securus. Sometimes it lasts all day but usually after 4 or 5 tries he can get through, then no problems for a few days and then it happens again. No other inmates are having that problem and securus says there is no issues.

I have spent so much time on the phone with them due to issues that I'm about ready to start billing at the same rate the charge us to accept calls through them. I personally feel that if I'm paying $6.50 for a 15 min call that they should be able to resolve issues and maintain their equipment.
I have been using google voice number so I have a local number for my guy to call me from Pierce County.... It has worked fine for the past month, and now all of a sudden it won't acknowledge that I am pressing "1" over and over and over to accept his call... He has tried to call me a dozen times today and it either just hangs up after the automated voice gets done with the recording, or it says "3rd party calls are not allowed" and disconnects.... I don't know what to do...