Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 06:35 PM
His wife/best friend4ever

Hey ladies did any of u send back your marriage packet and if so have any of u got approved and got.a.date yet? I should b getting my marriage packet tomorrow I'm super excited=)
Old 04-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Warrior's Wife

they are taking the packet but they will be sitting on vivianas desk till she comes back to review them then she will send then to the counselor she wont be back till June or July thats what I was told

Old 04-02-2012, 11:23 PM

Oh ok thank u so ones I fill everything out I should send it in right?
Old 04-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Warrior's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&F4ever View Post
Oh ok thank u so ones I fill everything out I should send it in right?
yeah fill it out and send it back

Old 04-06-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior's Wife View Post
yeah fill it out and send it back
Oh ok thanks well my hubby mailed out the packet last week n i haven't got it I've been getting all of his mail fine so idk why i didnt.get the marriage packet now I guess he has to get another one like if its that each to do that around their ugh!
Old 04-26-2012, 02:46 AM

Hello Ladies!! I was wondering if anyone has heard or know of any information or status on the Marriages and the Marriage Coordinator? I'm getting so frustrated with not being able to Marry My Love ;,-( and having to wait maybe until the end of Summer
Thank You for any info :-)
Old 04-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Day BY Day

Thanked 2,271 Times in 1,009 Posts

All I know is that some friends of ours are in the marriage process, they got as far as getting the license and NOW the wedding can't be scheduled until after the co-ordinator is back...the license is only good for 90 days so now they are out the money ($90) for the license and have to wait to get another one...after she returns.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:09 AM

Well i spoke to Lisa the lady that is there in place or the marriage coordinator and she said thay she will be able to set dates for marrige, and shes waiting for approval to see if she is able to do anything beyond that just in case the original coordinator is not back from her extended maternity leave.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:25 AM

Default marriage

so i sent in my marriage packet already and i waiting to call on Monday to see if it was received yet . Im the type that will will call and check the progress every step of the way. i really hope this Lisa lady can do all she says she can. But does anyone know once you sent it in how long it takes to hear something. Or how long the process is for that matter. I am being so patient considering it took 3 monts just to get marriage papers.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Angel Baby&Blanko=4eva!!

Hey ladies I'm not sure what to do but I need some help.. Is it true that u can't get marrie if ur love one is on lockdown?? Also what are the things I need to do on my end to get this started cuz I am ready to say I do to te one I love ((: please any help or advices can help me get this started thank u(:
Old 05-08-2012, 12:35 PM

So I just called n I was told that the marriage packet when received they r processing them n r send to the counselors so that's good news=)
Old 05-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Angel Baby&Blanko=4eva!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&F4ever
So I just called n I was told that the marriage packet when received they r processing them n r send to the counselors so that's good news=)
That's great news!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j&f bomar View Post
Hey ladies I'm not sure what to do but I need some help.. Is it true that u can't get marrie if ur love one is on lockdown?? Also what are the things I need to do on my end to get this started cuz I am ready to say I do to te one I love ((: please any help or advices can help me get this started thank u(:
Has your man put in the request for a marriage packet cause that's the first step to get this process started
Old 05-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Angel Baby&Blanko=4eva!!

Quote:

Has your man put in the request for a marriage packet cause that's the first step to get this process started
Well he is on lockdown right now so as soon as he is off lock down he gonna request a marriage package
But all I want to knw is what should I do on my end while waiting for the package... I can make copies of our birth certificate n the important papers we need n save up for the marriage
Old 05-08-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Well he is on lockdown right now so as soon as he is off lock down he gonna request a marriage package
But all I want to knw is what should I do on my end while waiting for the package... I can make copies of our birth certificate n the important papers we need n save up for the marriage
Well the only thing u can do is just make sure u have your birthcertificate u have to send The origina or certified copy the good thing is that u only need yours not his u also need a color copy of your drivers license or ID also if you want someone to b their the day u get married u should have your man send u visiting forms for them because they must b approved to visit him in order to attend the day of the wedding
Old 05-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Angel Baby&Blanko=4eva!!

Aww..thank u so much sorry for the million questions but I just want to get things together n ready so when he sends the package all I need to do is fill it out n send it back ASAP!! That's good I dnt need his birth certificate ((;
Do I really need anybody there by my side cuz I don't really have any support on my side sadly to say but its the truth...
But do u knw how much it costs or no??
Old 05-09-2012, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Aww..thank u so much sorry for the million questions but I just want to get things together n ready so when he sends the package all I need to do is fill it out n send it back ASAP!! That's good I dnt need his birth certificate ((;
Do I really need anybody there by my side cuz I don't really have any support on my side sadly to say but its the truth...
But do u knw how much it costs or no??
You pay $67.00 fee for marriage license and $95.00 for ceremony fee plus what u.send on what u wear n if u by rings n photos I'm syill waiting for my marriage packet to get approve as I know more into ill share it in here and girl trust me we all have tons of questions at one point or another so ask away n if I know the answer ill b glad to help you=)
Old 05-09-2012, 08:18 AM
Angel Baby&Blanko=4eva!!

Quote:

You pay $67.00 fee for marriage license and $95.00 for ceremony fee plus what u.send on what u wear n if u by rings n photos I'm syill waiting for my marriage packet to get approve as I know more into ill share it in here and girl trust me we all have tons of questions at one point or another so ask away n if I know the answer ill b glad to help you=)
Yea I plan on buying our rings and photos of course((: okay thank u(: so does the dress code is apply as we visit also!? Well I was still wondering if I need a witness cuz really I have nobody to stay by my side while I say I do to my soon to b husband(: but I will keep that in mind though
Thank u again for helping me with my questions(:
Would I need to go the court house in my county to pay for the marriage license ? Or the prison?
Old 05-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Still loving my hubby...

Thanked 1,580 Times in 1,143 Posts

Quote:
Yea I plan on buying our rings and photos of course((: okay thank u(: so does the dress code is apply as we visit also!? Well I was still wondering if I need a witness cuz really I have nobody to stay by my side while I say I do to my soon to b husband(: but I will keep that in mind though
Thank u again for helping me with my questions(:
Would I need to go the court house in my county to pay for the marriage license ? Or the prison?
Yes dress code still apllies, there will be instructions on how to get the marriage license in the marriage packet. Im not sure about the witness part. I know you can have inmate witnesses. You should probably wait until you get the marriage packet and Im sure a lot of your questions will be answered. Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Old 05-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Angel Baby&Blanko=4eva!!

Thank u it gave me a start on something(: again thank u again for helping me and GOOD LUCK ON URS ALSO((:
Old 05-09-2012, 02:04 PM

I'm not to sure about the witness part either no where in the packet did it state u must bring a witness I'm not planning to have anyone their but my daughter which ofcourse is a miner n would b able to sign as a witness
Old 05-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Angel Baby&Blanko=4eva!!

Quote:
I'm not to sure about the witness part either no where in the packet did it state u must bring a witness I'm not planning to have anyone their but my daughter which ofcourse is a miner n would b able to sign as a witness
Yea I'm not sure but i really dnt have anyone besides his mama but she would need to reapply for the visiting so I might just ask her to b m witness..(: but that's nice ur gonna have ur daughter as ur witness((: do u knw if it's behind glass or no?
Old 05-09-2012, 03:07 PM

The only way u will have a behind the glass wedding would b if their in the hole
Old 05-09-2012, 03:23 PM

On a very important side note; since we are here to support one another, PLEASE sign the petitions that are circulating regarding conjugal visits for lifers. Encourage everyone to sign, we need to band together if we want to impart positive change!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Day BY Day

Thanked 2,271 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexc View Post
On a very important side note; since we are here to support one another, PLEASE sign the petitions that are circulating regarding conjugal visits for lifers. Encourage everyone to sign, we need to band together if we want to impart positive change!
Please do your research before signing any petitons...bringing this fight for "family visits" out in the public eye is not the way to go if we want success...

Last edited by Inhishands; 05-09-2012 at 03:50 PM..
Closed Thread