Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Menís Colony (CMC) - San Luis Obispo
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

California Menís Colony (CMC) - San Luis Obispo Topic and discussion specific to CMC Ė California Menís Colony Prison in San Luis Obispo, California.

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 12:18 AM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,203 Posts
Default 2012 CMC Newbie Thread

Welcome to CMC's Newbie Thread
Please use this thread for any general questions you may have that
do not fit in any of the other Q&A threads!

Please try to stay on topic & leave all chit chat in the monthly chat thread

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 03:27 PM

Default How Serious are Transfered Inmates Searched?

My Baby is a lifer, and, He's bein transferred from Avenal, to CMC, E yatd I assume, since He's medical. He got Valley Fever in that Hell Hole, (Avenal) Does Anyone know how the search goes on intake, for a transfer? Can anyone ask, just curious how thoroughly they search. I'm so grateful He's gettin out of that Hell Hole they call a prison. Like I said, He's a lifer, and, just has a few yjomgs He's rather not get rid lof, if He doesn't have to, thanks
Old 04-27-2012, 03:28 PM

Exuse My spelling, My keyboard is sticking....I meant a few things, haha
Old 04-27-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmomma52 View Post
My Baby is a lifer, and, He's bein transferred from Avenal, to CMC, E yatd I assume, since He's medical. He got Valley Fever in that Hell Hole, (Avenal) Does Anyone know how the search goes on intake, for a transfer? Can anyone ask, just curious how thoroughly they search. I'm so grateful He's gettin out of that Hell Hole they call a prison. Like I said, He's a lifer, and, just has a few yjomgs He's rather not get rid lof, if He doesn't have to, thanks
As far as pesonal property he will be allowed to keep what ever the new facility allows They are still allowed two electrical appliances His personal property must fit in the allowed six cubic foot area allowed by the department
If he has been at avenal trust me his personal property will be allowed at his new facilty Avenal is a true hell hole
Old 04-30-2012, 09:05 PM

Default My Baby Leaves Avenal for CMC w Yard, Needs any Info

My Baby leaves in the morning from that hell hole, Avenal, to CMC w, according to His endorsement papers. He's being sent to CMC, due to His Valley Fever, He contracted ar Avenal. He;s a Lifer, and, I swear, they need to get Him some decent Medical attention. He would like any info on yhr W Yard, anything that may be helpful. He will call once or twice before He leaves. Any info would truly be appreciated. Thanks so much
Old 04-30-2012, 09:31 PM

Well. My mans in west. He's been there for like 4 years with 4 more to go. He is in his 40s and I'm hearing they are leaving alot of the older and mellow guys there. But that's just what I heard. He doesn't have any problems. Been in prison most of the last 20 years.West is Not on lockdown very often. He doesn't tell me a whole lot of everyday little things just that he gets bored and everything is ok. he is a bit far away from me and family but he says it's just mellow. And i k ow it's him that has to be there every day. So I would rather drive and know he is good. I get calls once a day or more. But I know it can depend on what yard (within west) he is in. Any questions in specific? Mail takes 7-14 days to get to him. I get mine from him in a couple days.
The Following User Says Thank You to AnarchyHeart For This Useful Post:
bigmomma52 (05-01-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 10:12 PM

thankyou....heskinda nervous. Matai is 41, and been down for 19yrs, and, needs some mellow in His life, if He;s ever comin home. Thank You so much
Old 04-30-2012, 10:34 PM

Wish I could help more but from what I've read he will be much better off than he was! Everyone here has been real informative and helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:00 AM

Default My Baby Transfered tp CMC Today, How do I Know He's There Safely?

Well, My Baby left that hellhole prison Avenal, for CMC w, this morning. I'm so stressed. He kept sayin, it must be a mistake, He's probably gonna end up in Solano, yada yada....He's a lifer, been down 19yrs. His endorsement papers said CMC w, so, I think He just thought, it was to good to be true. He contracted Valley Fever in Avenal, was mis diagnosed, its been a nightmare, and, I just wanna know where He is already. Does anyone know how long before the change shows on the inmate locator, or, is there another way to find out if He arrived safely? I believe He went there for medical reasons, and, thought the hospital was on the e yard, His papers say w yard. If anyone has information or insight, I would really appreciate it. I love Him to death, and, worry all the time since He's been sick, thanks
Old 05-02-2012, 07:56 AM

If he transferred yesterday you can call the records office today (805) 547-7900 press 1 then 2. They will be able to give you his housing. That way you'll know he is in fact at CMC. The records office will be able to tell you if he is on CMC East -yards A-E or CMC West -yards E, F, G & M. In my experience they are able to call after the second day they arrive, so God willing you'll hear from him soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to lovin_him_4_evr For This Useful Post:
bigmomma52 (05-02-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 01:21 PM

Well, I called, poor Guy, due to come Today, spent the night in Wasco....what an ordeal. I must say, the staff are very nice, I was told to call after 4pm. I'm so stressed out, even though, I'm sure He;s fine. He's 6'4" 275lb, Samoan, all muscle, which actually works against Him. He's really a big Teddy Bear, who made one bad choice as a Youth, His size makes Him intimidating, and, He's always talkin about tryin to stay under the radar, haha, His name is super long and interesting, so, just getting called for mail brings Him more attention than He would like. I'm praying that this move is gonna make a big difference in His life. Avenal was horrible, He got Valley Fever, was so sick, and, still is, and, the water is not fit to drink, its just a horrible place. He couldn't believe He was going to CMC, thought it had to be a mistake. But, He'll be there Today. He's done 19yrs, so far. Thanks for Your help.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:41 PM

Well, He finally made it, w yard, facility e, dorm 6, anyone got any loved ones there? Maybe You could tell me how it is over there, thanks for all your help
Old 05-04-2012, 01:10 AM

Default Please help. Confused...

Hi I just got a letter in the mail today from my best friend. He was at Centinilla I know 3 weeks ago cuz i called to verify his housing info. In the letter I got today it is a pre-printed envelope in red ink with the CA Mens Colony State Prison stamp on the front with PO BOX 8101 and says state prison generated mail. In the letter he says he's been in the hospital there and outta a crisis bed. IS there a hospital they send the inmates to there? Does that mean it was serious? I looked on the CDC website to check the PO Box and that PO Box on the envelope is the one the CDC has listed as prison and the inmate po box is different than this envelope. It doesn't list a yard only three lines. One for his name, cdc # and cell#. If anyone can shed some light on this prison and any help I'd appreciate it.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:10 AM

thats the e yard, theres a hospital over there
Old 05-08-2012, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchyHeart View Post
Well. My mans in west. He's been there for like 4 years with 4 more to go. He is in his 40s and I'm hearing they are leaving alot of the older and mellow guys there. But that's just what I heard. He doesn't have any problems. Been in prison most of the last 20 years.West is Not on lockdown very often. He doesn't tell me a whole lot of everyday little things just that he gets bored and everything is ok. he is a bit far away from me and family but he says it's just mellow. And i k ow it's him that has to be there every day. So I would rather drive and know he is good. I get calls once a day or more. But I know it can depend on what yard (within west) he is in. Any questions in specific? Mail takes 7-14 days to get to him. I get mine from him in a couple days.
Thanks for your post. How far do you drive?? And from where?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:34 AM

I am in Arizona. My drive is 10 hours. We have family pretty much at the halfway point so I usually stop for a day and then go up on the weekend. I saw that you live north? I wish I did. It's pretty up there. Arizona is about to get to hot for me!
Old 05-08-2012, 04:04 PM

Yes, I live in Northern California, Santa Clara, which, is in the San Fransisco Bay Area. It would be a beautiful drive down Highway 1, but, unfortunately, I have not been approved for visits. I've been off parole for 2yrs now, but, I'm on informal probation still for something else, that actually, had nothing to do with Me. I don't know when I'll be approved, and, it breaks My heart that I can't go. But, I spoke with His Sister the other Day, and, She's planned a trip, with Her and, Her 4 Boys, His Nephews. He's only met one, and, He was less than a year old. She was crying, just tellin Me about it. He's Samoan, and, very Family oriented, its gonna be such a very special Day for Him, I'm cryin now just writing this. They just love there Uncle, and, what a beautiful thing Shes doin for Her Brother. I'm so excited for Him. That surely will be a blessing, so, I can wait a little longer
Old 05-08-2012, 04:06 PM

He's on, "facility E", Dorm 6
Old 06-24-2012, 06:55 PM
smile my LOVE..♥

Hello ladies I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. My boyfriend is being transferred to CMC West from out of state on Tuesday. How long will it take for him to get his property once he arrives so he can write me? & How soon will he be able to make a phone call?.. if I was approved out of state, I should still be an approved visitor, right? Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 06-25-2012, 01:04 AM

Thanked 1,904 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marissaa
Hello ladies I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. My boyfriend is being transferred to CMC West from out of state on Tuesday. How long will it take for him to get his property once he arrives so he can write me? & How soon will he be able to make a phone call?.. if I was approved out of state, I should still be an approved visitor, right? Thanks in advance for any help!
He probably won't be able to call for a couple of weeks. If you were approved out of state you MAY have to go through the process again here. If you're approved for a prison in CDCR it transfers with him but depending on where he was you may have to reapply, sorry. Hopefully that won't be the case. How long it takes him to get his property also depends on the prison he's transferring from and how backed up they are at CMC.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:27 PM
smile my LOVE..♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP's Girl

He probably won't be able to call for a couple of weeks. If you were approved out of state you MAY have to go through the process again here. If you're approved for a prison in CDCR it transfers with him but depending on where he was you may have to reapply, sorry. Hopefully that won't be the case. How long it takes him to get his property also depends on the prison he's transferring from and how backed up they are at CMC.
Thank you so much for your reply. it's so dead over here I was afraid I wouldn't get any answers lol
Well he's a California inmate, he's just been housed out-of-state the last 4years... my questionaire was the same one they use in California so hopefully I don't have to reapply ugh I will call & check. He said he would contact me as soon as he was able to so ill just wait it out i guess. Do i need his housing to start writing him or am i good with his name & cdc#? Thank you again.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:49 PM

Thanked 1,904 Times in 945 Posts

Yeah it has been a little quiet around here lately. The ladies on this forum are really helpful but I think everyone has been busy the last few weeks. If it's the same questionnaire you should be ok to visit him without having to reapply. Sometimes they will deliver his mail if you don't have his housing info even though they're not supposed to. You could call to find out if you're still approved to visit him then ask for his housing info. They may be willing to give it to you since you're on his visiting list.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:57 PM
smile my LOVE..♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP's Girl
Yeah it has been a little quiet around here lately. The ladies on this forum are really helpful but I think everyone has been busy the last few weeks. If it's the same questionnaire you should be ok to visit him without having to reapply. Sometimes they will deliver his mail if you don't have his housing info even though they're not supposed to. You could call to find out if you're still approved to visit him then ask for his housing info. They may be willing to give it to you since you're on his visiting list.
Thank you so much. He actually is supposed to transfer out tonight from Arizona.. so I will probably wait a few days before I call. Im just trying to prepare myself for what to expect. I just hate waiting but have become good at it I suppose smh. I wanted to write asap, he said he's gonna be on the west, but that's all I know. I'll probably just wait til I get a letter. Thank you for being helpful!
Old 06-28-2012, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marissaa View Post
Hi.. welcome to CMC ..

Dont worry.. i hope his transfer is a smooth one.. you will love West side.. we are here to help.. i am west side too.. once he is transferred and settled let me know if you have additional questions for West..

I am having an audit going on a work now..so i havent been on for a few days..as DP mentioned we are usually pretty chatty!
Old 07-16-2012, 02:00 PM

So PO Box 8101 is the hospital for inmates only? I'm a lil confused. On the envelope it says PO Box 8101 and his cell number that begins with a 4. If it is just hospital are they allowed to have phones calls and are they in cells? Is this east or no? Just trying to figure out this prison.
Closed Thread