Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jails > Arizona State Prison Complex - Yuma
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Arizona State Prison Complex - Yuma Topics and discussion specific to ASPC - Yuma in San Luis, Arizona.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:27 PM

Default From Cibola to Cheyenne. What's the point?

What is the point in a parallel move? They're both 3 yards. Both on the same complex. So I'm wondering why they'd bother with this? Especially b/c my hubby is on short time.

Also, as a side question, what's the difference? How's visitation? An example: At Cibola, they have us remove our shoes so they can inspect them, but don't have them go through the metal detector. What's the procedure like at Cheyenne? How's the phone sitch?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by avasky; 04-18-2012 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: More clarity to my question
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Love over Fear
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,250 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by avasky View Post
What is the point in a parallel move? They're both 3 yards. Both on the same complex. So I'm wondering why they'd bother with this? Especially b/c my hubby is on short time.

Also, as a side question, what's the difference? How's visitation? An example: At Cibola, they have us remove our shoes so they can inspect them, but don't have them go through the metal detector. What's the procedure like at Cheyenne? How's the phone sitch?

Thanks in advance.
Metal detector at Cheyenne, and we remove shoes. I'm sure its very similar.So many reasons we will never know why the move, could be beds, no housing, adjustments in count of "races," and the list goes on.
Welcome to Cheyenne.
The Following User Says Thank You to decoprincess For This Useful Post:
avasky (04-21-2012)
Old 04-21-2012, 08:43 AM

Thank you. I have my first visit there next weekend. Just glad this ride is almost over.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avasky View Post

Thanks in advance.
Yes, it is a joke, especially moving from Cibola to Cheyenne. Cheyenne is run down, no air in runs, food delivered from other unit because the kitchen is shut down. Visitation area is air conditioned. I'm pretty sure it's the same process, although the inmate is able to use the restroom without getting frisked each time, but the visitor bathroom is shared by male/female and is locked. Unwrap all your coins.
The Following User Says Thank You to rollngrock40 For This Useful Post:
avasky (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 07:58 PM

It was nice to have a larger outside area to walk around in and big windows to look outside. The guards were about the same. My husband felt closed in though and we spent the whole visit outside I think. Just glad this ride is almost over.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:36 PM

OMG! I just got a letter! He is in the hole still but in CHEYENNE too! I wonder how much more they plan to move him! 212 days left....getting there slow but sure!! He hasn't gotten any of my letters yet since his move from Tucson as of May 1st! They found his property but has not gotten it yet. I can't wait for this to be over. I miss him SOOOOOOOO much!!! It hurts!! I know....many have it way worse than me...this is my first exposure to this though. God help all of us keep on keeping on!!

Old 05-05-2012, 07:54 PM

What is Cheyenne like? My guy is in the hole there....with a cellie?!! Wow!!! I didn't know you could have a cellie in the hole!! Is Cheyenne another 200 man run???

Old 05-07-2012, 07:05 AM

How do I get my posts deleted?

Old 08-20-2012, 06:46 PM

Default My guys in cheyenne too

My Guy is in Cheyenne until may 21,2013, it's all crappy, there's nothing for them to do but catch piegons and glues little hats on thier heads. Hang in there Girl, you don't have that much time left and keep writing him even if he's not writing you as much. everything cost money in there.

4misst