Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > The Bluegrass Cafe
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Bluegrass Cafe The Kentucky forum's lounge... general chit-chat and things unrelated to the Kentucky prison system go here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 2,345 Times in 1,265 Posts
Default Bluegrass Cafe May 2012

Yay! I'm the first for May 2012!

Mother's Day is this month as well as Memorial Day (May 28 no mail day).

Any homecomings? Birthdays? Good news to share?

I wasn't avoiding the questions on A, I just saw them last night. He is doing great! I think the 15 days he spent in county end-of-March-first-of-April helped ease the transition from the hole to the yard. He knows 2 people in the cells next to his so that helps a lot too.

His tv and cd player still worked fine. His uniforms were yucky from being in a plastic bag for 2 1/2 years so they gave him new ones. He ordered headphones because his were gone. He also had to order shoes since his were lost after the riot. A buddy gave him a pair but they were 2 sizes too big! He's trying to find a job but says the only thing open is PI and it sucks. I don't know. Also, they are only on the yard for 2 hours a day so he's a little used to that. He says mostly he looks out the window listening to music instead of watching tv.

He'll be moved to county again end of JUne/first of July and trial starts the week of July 23.

Hang in there everybody!!!

PTO Quarterly - Fall 2014 Edition! Check it out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sass4221 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (05-01-2012), Redbanjo (05-01-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 08:36 AM
PTO Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,691 Times in 9,351 Posts
Default Bluegrass Cafe May 2012

Good morning Kentucky and Happy May!!

This year is rolling right along, isn't it!?

Well, seems we have good news and bad news. Redbanjo's son is coming HOME and My Mr is going back

I truely hope there is more good news and days to celebrate this month!! Are there any birthdays, anniversary's, parole hearings etc this month?

For those who read often, but don't post: jump right on in and let us know how you/your loved ones are doing

The Kentucky Derby is this coming Saturday, May 5th. So, who's your horse?? I like El Padrino, mostly because of the jockey: Rafael Bajarano. My My had already picked Bodemeister as his choice before he was arrested.

Don't forget Mother' Day, Sunday May 13th

No Mail Memorial Day, Monday May 28th.

And!!.....its time to plant those gardens ya'll Even if you have no space/yard, you can still "container plant" a few veggies/herbs. Let's get digging......Yum Yum!!

Old 05-01-2012, 08:41 AM
PTO Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Hot damn! Two Happy May welcomes It don't get any better than this sass and I were posting at the same time .....and didn't she do a great job! I know, I was late to the party

Glad to hear "A" is doing so well. I'm so happy for him, finally out of The Hole and a few luxuries
Old 05-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 2,345 Times in 1,265 Posts

I tried! I didn't know how to make it a 'sticky' though.

I planted a few flowers in a pot but that's it. After 2 weeks I'm proud to say they are still alive!!!!!!! I don't have a green thumb but so wish I did!

PTO Quarterly - Fall 2014 Edition! Check it out!
The Following User Says Thank You to sass4221 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,284 Times in 606 Posts

I love to see good news ladies

Patch I am sorry about your mister

My dad is flying in today for the week ( he lives in los angeles) to spend time wth my older son before he leaves for gitmo this month.

My younger son is doing well in rehab (knock on wood) he did tell me that kenton county dept of corrections asked grateful life to shorten their program so they can send more young people charged with drug related crimes to rehab instead of jail ( it wont apply to my son though just new comers Eddie has to stay a full year at the least). Right now the program is 9 months to 2 years live in and it only houses 100 guys. It made me happy to hear that doc in Kenton county is giving these kids a shot to rehabilitate themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to mg113 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 09:50 PM

Mg113 so glad our dad is coming for a visit. Lots of prayers (and proud) of your son (s). Hope your health is doing ok. Any questions you might have I will be glad to share. Mom survived a lo of time, more than the doctors would have given her. Be glad to share (help in anyway) I can.

As soon as I get a somewhat definite date I will be glad to post the countdown on my son's coming home. Maybe I will finally get a full night sleep when I know he is in his bed.

At work we are very busy, everyone is buying vegetable plants out the ying yang. At note to all you gardeners. If you are looking to plant strawberry plants this year if you find any (with a good price) scoop them up. The place we get our plants from said they went early and not restocking. Never the less I had 6 unhappy customers today.

To all the gardeners out there me included has anyone had any tips on how
to get the best blueberry bushes. The last two I had died with no blueberries. But if you have a place that it is impossible to grow anythng - my advice is to pick up 1 Kentucky Colonel Mint. It keeps a lot of bugs away (due to its fragrance) and makes EXCELLENT ground cover. Only draw back its a periennal herb and you must cut it often. I love it to put in my tea. Also, just to chew on. My Mint Julep this year will be non alcholic but thats ok. LOL.

Hope everyone enjoys the sunshine. I do love this weather.
The Following User Says Thank You to Redbanjo For This Useful Post:
mg113 (05-03-2012)
Old 05-03-2012, 05:58 AM
DANA'S HOME

Morning

Well Sass i hate to bust ur bubble but .. I WAS here first...lol...( look at my post in april it will say may 1st around 630 am)..na na na na na...j/k
Altho i didnt start the new MAY post just cause im NEVER comfortable with doing that....But i did post...

Patch..garden hummmm...love ...love a garden but cant seem to get mine in EVER on time...lol....i dont plant much...should do more than i do but this yr i am gonna do more than before! Mater's..corn..cucumbers, bell peppers, watermelon, and catalope.
Oh by the way ...need some advice on the melons??...like how long do i let them grow...tried them last yr and i let them go too long. most of them were gone before i got to pick them???

Well making plans to go home again in the end of July to see my grandbaby...shes walking and now TALKING...tooo funny. Plus we have a BIG Pow Wow at that time on our reservation. That way i get to see everyone and their brother while im there..

Well i have to say last night was the first time in a LOOOONG time that we have all spent any time together as a family. It was Johns Dads b-day so we went to Irvine to spent some time and Darion came along. He LOVES his Grandpa.
0612/e/parole&date/k/6u54/event.png[/img]
Old 05-03-2012, 07:49 AM
PTO Super Moderator

Donation Award 

jemison, usually bedding plants have a little stake of some sort that tells you how big they'll get (some variety's get bigger than others) and approximately how long until maturity. I usually jump give 'em a couple of "thumps" and can pretty much tell by the sound....but that isn't exactly foolproof either
Old 05-03-2012, 08:13 AM

Hi ladies. I am one of the ones who reads often but never posts. I enjoy reading what everyone is up to.

I just got my little man off to school now I am going to clean the house and look for a job. I had an interview last week but didn't get it. Being unemployed stinks lol.
The honey just got moved to LLCC and I got to talk to him last night. Hr says he likes it so much better than Northpoint, thank goodness.

Anywho I just wanted to say hi to you ladies and hopefully I can start partaking in the chats.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:22 AM
PTO Super Moderator

Donation Award 

Welcome to the Cafe MissingMarcus After my charges in "09, it took me almost 2 years to find a job.....the market was tight anyway and having a felony didn't help I know the stress you're feeling, just keep at it, somethng will come along

Is LLCC closer to you for visits? If so, perhaps the calls are cheaper too

Glad to see ya posting!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:59 AM

Thanks Patch. I don't have a felony, but I do have a misdemeanor from 4 years ago. I am honest on all my apps but they say they are gonna run a background check and never call back. If you don't mind me asking, in what industry were you able to find something?

LLCC is a little closer as I am in Owensboro, but still not close enough to visit often. Hopefully in the next month I will get down to see him, just depends on what bills are due and if the little one needs anything.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:08 PM

MissingMarcus,

Welcome, stop by and put in your 2cents in anytime. The folks in this forum, are closer to me than some of my friends in the real world. They understand, take the time to listen, and most of all offer the support when you need it the most. They actually understand what each one of us feels, and DOESNT JUDGE. After my son's homecoming, I will still visit this site.
Because I just can't leave my friends, they were there when no else was.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redbanjo For This Useful Post:
patchouli (05-03-2012), sass4221 (05-03-2012)
Old 05-03-2012, 05:39 PM
PTO Super Moderator

Donation Award 

MissingMarcus: You don't have to check that little box for a misdemeanor.....and, misdemeanors can be expunged provided you have been off probation for 5 years. You're almost there!! :

431.078 Expungement of misdemeanor and violation records of convictions and dismissed or amended charges.

(2) Except as provided in KRS 218A.275(8) and 218A.276(8), the petition shall be filed no sooner than five (5) years after the completion of the person's sentence or five (5) years after the successful completion of the person's probation, whichever occurs later.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/431-00/078.pdf

The only job I could find is as a clerk/cashier in a convenient store. But its a job.

Last edited by patchouli; 05-03-2012 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 05-03-2012, 09:14 PM

Thank you Redbanjo. As crazy as it is, I feel like I know some of you already from just reading your posts. I love coming here cause I have never once felt judged and I do a lot in everyday life.
Patch- that is awesome to know that. I had never even had a speeding ticket before and lost my mind for a little bit and did some pretty dumb things. At least I learned a lesson though right? Lol
I did get really good news today. My honey called and he officially started SAP today so if everything goes right, he will be home in Nov. I am not gonna get too excited though cause if I know anything for sure, its that DOC is never predictable. I also got a call today for a job interview tomorrow. Its a factory which I have never done, but the pay is good. However the hours are not. 330-1200. I wouldn't care but with a 5 yr old its gonna be hard to find someone to keep him. Oh well gotta figure it out. Like you just said Patch, a job is a job and right now I need a job
Old 05-03-2012, 09:16 PM

Also, congrats Redbanjo on your sons homecoming.
The Following User Says Thank You to MissingMarcus For This Useful Post:
Redbanjo (05-03-2012)
Old 05-04-2012, 06:48 AM
DANA'S HOME

Morning

BIG WELCOME to MissingMarcus!...Glad you joined us..

Also my daughter has a felony charge on her record and its is VERY...VERY hard for her to find work...like Patch she's in the conventient store too and also does the clerk at a Hotel (nite audit)...but he jobs out there for a felony are scarce! Best of Luck to you!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 AM

Good morning. Thank you Jemison. I am getting ready to head out for this interview, we will see how it goes
The Following User Says Thank You to MissingMarcus For This Useful Post:
patchouli (05-04-2012)
Old 05-04-2012, 04:28 PM
PTO Super Moderator

Donation Award 

How did your interview go??? I hope you bowled them over with your charm and got the job!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:52 PM

I felt like the interview went really well. They said they would be calling me for a second interview so here is hoping. I had to LOL at the charm comment Patch. For those around me, I don't know if they would say I have charm. LoL
Old 05-04-2012, 08:20 PM
PTO Super Moderator

Donation Award 

Well now Darlin', we ALL have our own sort of charm, some are more unique than others, but we all have it
Old 05-04-2012, 08:24 PM

Thats good news - sending prayers your way that the second interview goes well. Patch is right sometimes you have to "see" the charm in a person. LOL.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:10 PM

Thanks you guys!!! I have that blunt, abrasive charm. jk
It was an ok day today. I went for the interview and then to visit my gma which was sad. We recently had to put her in a personal care facility cause her Alzheimer's and dimensia has gotten so bad. Some days she is good and others she just doesn't have a clue. Before this she lived with my mom for 10 yrs after she had her legs amputated so my mom has a really hard time with it. Then I came out from visiting her and my car wouldn't start. (My theft system shut my car down?????) All I could do today is laugh. I figure better to laugh it off than cry.

Sorry I got carried away there
Old 05-07-2012, 06:18 AM
PTO Super Moderator

Donation Award 

Monday morning ya'll (yawn!!) How did your Derby horses do? Any winners out there? My Oaks horse is still running (dead last) and my Derby pick ended up in the middle of the pack.

It was too wet to work in the garden Saturday....so I've decided to wait until Wednesday/Thursday because its going to be a whole lot cooler weather-wise. Don't worry, I'll get 'er done

Let's have a great week!! Ya'll be careful out there
Old 05-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,284 Times in 606 Posts

missingmarcus you know in KY you can have that misdeamenor removed after 5 years of no other charges......it costs 100.00 or so per charge.....
My son has no felonies but had a hard time getting a job with misdeamenors.. maybee because the charges were theft by deception

Had my dad in town most of last week.... I love him to death but he wore me out... all he wanted to do was go to HOllywood casino and play black jack.. I was out till 3 am two nights in a row and I am just to old for that shit.. I didnt even see the derby saturday I slept all day

Dad came to see my oldest son before he deploys to gitmo on the 18th and of course we picked Eddie up from rehab... my dad handed him 100 bucks and told him to "put it on his commissary" I was laughing so hard there is no books in rehab to put money on lol ...... I had to explain that part to him.. but I did take him shopping for new clothes with that money

I did get to ride my bike yesterday..........it was so nice out I rode over 100 miles and felt so good, I swear my motorcyle is my therapist!!!!

My husband let me pick out all new furniture for his house ( we still have 2 houses ), the plan is when Eddie gets out of rehab I can rent him my house and move to hubbys house, so little by little I am feminizing his home ( and loving it, it looked like a frat house it needed a womans touch..

for today I am living the good life.. one day at a time
Old 05-07-2012, 10:45 PM
DANA'S HOME

HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY TO MY GIRL SAVANAH..TOMORROW!
Closed Thread