Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:14 AM
1 Heart, 1 Soul, 2 Bodies

So, snitching is telling on someone to get yourself out of trouble or minimize the consequences of your wrong doing. This is not when you call the police because a woman is beating her baby with a bat in the middle of the road. IMO, snitching is a moral issue and a huge sign of a weak character. If you have any involvement in an illegal activity, man up and do your time. My hubby was offered a deal that would have had him home in a year. He turned it down, kept his mouth shut and now 5 years later we are finally up for parole. The buster that signed statements never even got charged for the crime but he has to wake up every morning and look at himself in the mirror. Natural consequences are a b*tch! Plus, its reassuring to know that my husband isn't a weak man who uses life as an excuse to be a lesser man.

Last edited by MissingMyDaniel; 05-03-2012 at 10:17 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissingMyDaniel For This Useful Post:
GuerosMama (05-03-2012), HisLily (05-14-2012), moonbaby1111 (05-03-2012), MrsCetina (05-03-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 10:40 AM

Not something I have to worry about ever, my husband would do life in prison before snitching. He was actually the victum in his case but because the other person ran to the cops and spun the story my husband ended up being the one in prison. I have a very low opinion of people who run to the cops especially if they were standing there next to the person they are telling on.

~*~Boston's Wifey since 12/18/2011~*~
Old 05-03-2012, 10:52 AM

Hell no! Nothing i have to worry about. The reason my mans got so much time is for keeping his mouth shut. I'd much rather wait with him then worry about his safety
The Following User Says Thank You to Chucos Queen For This Useful Post:
HisLily (05-14-2012)
Old 05-03-2012, 11:12 AM
smile my LOVE..♥

Helllll noooo
Old 05-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Madly in love

My husband would never snitch nor would I ever ask or want him to. Neither of us has any respect for snitches.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Love Knows...
Donation Award 

This is just an observation, not necessarily based on my opinion. Most of us said that we would not want our men to snitch or that they would take a life sentence before snitching. Put aside the convict code for a minute... Your LO and his " partner " commit a crime, #1 gets caught, tried and convicted while #2 remains quiet and free. Where is the honor in leaving your wife and letting your children grow up without a daddy to play ball with or teach by example? All to protect someone who is, by example, not such a great friend. If snitching didn't hold the risk that it does, would you have the same opinion?
Old 05-05-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishFire
This is just an observation, not necessarily based on my opinion. Most of us said that we would not want our men to snitch or that they would take a life sentence before snitching. Put aside the convict code for a minute... Your LO and his " partner " commit a crime, #1 gets caught, tried and convicted while #2 remains quiet and free. Where is the honor in leaving your wife and letting your children grow up without a daddy to play ball with or teach by example? All to protect someone who is, by example, not such a great friend. If snitching didn't hold the risk that it does, would you have the same opinion?
Nicely said! Wheels r turning.....
Old 05-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Madly in love

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishFire View Post
Yes I would have the same opinion. While my husband is not a thief the concept of "honor among thieves" still applies.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Faithfully Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindiLLou

Yes I would have the same opinion. While my husband is not a thief the concept of "honor among thieves" still applies.
As I respect your opinion I don't think there is such a thing as honor among thieves. My mans no snitch but like I said in my previous post and I can only speak for myself here not my man, if I was a witness to a murder, rape, or something like that I would tell the police what I know. IMO Victims and victims family's deserve justice. But if it was a victimless crime and someone is snitching for their own gain yes to me that's disgusting no matter what the cost. If your doing the same crime as someone and you tell so you can get no sentence that's low down and to me they will get what they deserve. If not in prison they will get it elsewhere especially if they want to continue to persue a life of crime. Prisons are FULL of inmates that would snitch at the drop of a hat for a chance to be set free and their the ones screaming that they would kill a snitch, witch is why I say IMO there's no honor among thieves. The reason I believe that is because my uncles doing an 18 year sentence for murder and he's been down 12 years. He's told me so many stories about inmates that live their lives maintaining that they stick by a code and never snitch. And he's told me about many of them turning out to be nothing but that; snitches
Old 05-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Donation Award 

no if he snitched he wouldnt be the man i fell in love with
Old 05-05-2012, 09:15 AM

OK but where is the honor in being a snitch-getting no prison time while sending a friend who is leaving a loved one and his.kids behind to serve the sentence? Its not right that if you commit a crime youcan offer info and walk free. Thats bs in my opinion. I don't consider witnessing a crime and offering info and snitching on a crime partner to be the same thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to GuerosMama For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (05-14-2012)
Old 05-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Faithfully Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerosMama
OK but where is the honor in being a snitch-getting no prison time while sending a friend who is leaving a loved one and his.kids behind to serve the sentence? Its not right that if you commit a crime youcan offer info and walk free. Thats bs in my opinion. I don't consider witnessing a crime and offering info and snitching on a crime partner to be the same thing.
I completely agree. There is no honor in that and that's my only point that there's a difference.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:20 AM

I mean I do have to say though that I think there is that code of honor...and while a lot of me will fall and not follow it, I think there are some men who really do and take it VERY seriously
MrsCetina (05-11-2012)
Old 05-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Faithfully Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerosMama
I mean I do have to say though that I think there is that code of honor...and while a lot of me will fall and not follow it, I think there are some men who really do and take it VERY seriously
Yes there definitely are men who stood up and had the balls to take their time and keep their mouths shut and that deserves respect to the fullest no doubt.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scotties_Girl21 For This Useful Post:
HisLily (05-14-2012), MrsCetina (05-11-2012)
Old 05-05-2012, 09:31 AM

I think it depends on the situation. Taking the rap for someone n snitching I think r two different things. Variables being who what n why come into my mind too. I think the question was vague n everyone is answering based on their perception of what snitch means.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Madly in love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotties_Girl21 View Post
As I respect your opinion I don't think there is such a thing as honor among thieves. My mans no snitch but like I said in my previous post and I can only speak for myself here not my man, if I was a witness to a murder, rape, or something like that I would tell the police what I know. IMO Victims and victims family's deserve justice. But if it was a victimless crime and someone is snitching for their own gain yes to me that's disgusting no matter what the cost. If your doing the same crime as someone and you tell so you can get no sentence that's low down and to me they will get what they deserve. If not in prison they will get it elsewhere especially if they want to continue to persue a life of crime. Prisons are FULL of inmates that would snitch at the drop of a hat for a chance to be set free and their the ones screaming that they would kill a snitch, witch is why I say IMO there's no honor among thieves. The reason I believe that is because my uncles doing an 18 year sentence for murder and he's been down 12 years. He's told me so many stories about inmates that live their lives maintaining that they stick by a code and never snitch. And he's told me about many of them turning out to be nothing but that; snitches
I see your point of view...and I think you misunderstand my perspective and the context of my response. I was responding to your scenario of persons 1 and 2 committing a crime together. My bad for not understanding the example correctly.

In my opinion a "snitch" is someone who tells for personal gain of some sort. I think the term "snitch" has a clear meaning in the world of crime and prison - but I could be very wrong. Regardless, I would never want my husband to "snitch" in the context of my understanding of the term. If I witness a crime outright on the streets, I will certainly provide any information I know. I would also consider myself a "witness" not a "snitch".

As for "honor among thieves" it depends on the thieves. And yes many in prison are "snitches"...my husband says the number of SNYs is increasing exponentially.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Faithfully Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindiLLou

I see your point of view...and I think you misunderstand my perspective and the context of my response. I was responding to your scenario of persons 1 and 2 committing a crime together. My bad for not understanding the example correctly.

In my opinion a "snitch" is someone who tells for personal gain of some sort. I think the term "snitch" has a clear meaning in the world of crime and prison - but I could be very wrong. Regardless, I would never want my husband to "snitch" in the context of my understanding of the term. If I witness a crime outright on the streets, I will certainly provide any information I know. I would also consider myself a "witness" not a "snitch".

As for "honor among thieves" it depends on the thieves. And yes many in prison are "snitches"...my husband says the number of SNYs is increasing exponentially.
I completely agree. Well said.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:47 AM

Nope. Nobody likes a snitch, not even a judge. My boyfriend & his "friend" that he got locked down with found that out. He snitched on my man, telling lies & all kinds of things & got almost double time. NOBODY likes a snitch.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Banned

No !!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 12:23 AM
Crazy Gypsy Lady

My son's dad has done A LOT of time because he kept his mouth shut.

Him and 2 friends decided to steal a truck one night, one friend driving and G and the other dude sippin on some drinks just running the roads being fools. Long story short they get pulled over, all took off running and got away. Cops showed up at our school a week later and arrested him. The cop recognized G out of the 3 as hes been in and out of the system for 9 years, needless to say hes well known by the cops. He took the rap for hotwiring the truck which he did not and for driving which he was not. The dude driving actually had the balls to show up at Gs sentencing to show 'support' smh.

He would die before he snitched. Sadly if he would just find friends who aren't cowards he wouldn't have to always keep taking the fall for them. He missed out on our sons entire life because of his ' friends' lack of responsibility and his stupid decisions. I will never forgive them. God forbid i see any of them on the street. I will break those p***** down...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 143forever For This Useful Post:
GuerosMama (05-13-2012), HisLily (05-14-2012), MrsCetina (05-14-2012)
Old 05-14-2012, 08:48 PM

Hell no! That's why he's there in the first place.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingMyDaniel View Post
So, snitching is telling on someone to get yourself out of trouble or minimize the consequences of your wrong doing. This is not when you call the police because a woman is beating her baby with a bat in the middle of the road. IMO, snitching is a moral issue and a huge sign of a weak character. If you have any involvement in an illegal activity, man up and do your time. My hubby was offered a deal that would have had him home in a year. He turned it down, kept his mouth shut and now 5 years later we are finally up for parole. The buster that signed statements never even got charged for the crime but he has to wake up every morning and look at himself in the mirror. Natural consequences are a b*tch! Plus, its reassuring to know that my husband isn't a weak man who uses life as an excuse to be a lesser man.
My guy got snitched out by people he thought were his friends. He could've snitched out someone above him to get out of his bid but he didn't. He said the people that snitched him out are going to walk around for the rest of their lives lookin over their shoulders, have to fall asleep at night knowing they put a good man in prison over a plant. He says he wakes up everyday knowing he did the right thing and he wouldn't change it for nothin. I agree snitching and reporting someone for abusing their kids or partner are two completely different things. A snitch is just lookin out for themselves. Much <3 to you and your man.. Congrats on parole
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HisLily For This Useful Post:
GuerosMama (05-14-2012), MrsCetina (05-15-2012)
Old 05-14-2012, 09:32 PM
'til the cows come home

Well what about the women that stay with these snitches? Just curious what you would feel toward the loved one's of these type of people...
Old 05-14-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygrl33 View Post
Well what about the women that stay with these snitches? Just curious what you would feel toward the loved one's of these type of people...
In my opinion, you love who you love, and I respect a woman who stands by her man, snitch or not, prison or on the outs. I dont have respect for their men, and wonder how they could....but I respect them for standing by their man as every woman should. Only thing is, is she will have to watch her back just as much as he will, especially if they have kids. I wouldn't want to be put in that position.
HisLily (05-14-2012)
Old 05-14-2012, 11:57 PM

Thats not even in our vocabulary but what I do always hear is snitches get stitches. I think if you get caught wether it was just you that committed the crime or 10 other people you messed up don't take the whole world down with you cause your bitter now. Just in my opinion