Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Unit Specific Forums > Other Texas Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Texas Prisons Topics & Discussions related to all Texas (TDCJ) Prisons that do not have a dedicated forum on PTO.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:00 PM

Does anyone know about the isf program? My sons dad has isf until discharge so im guessing he will get released on his discharge date
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2012, 02:44 AM

Red face Care Packages to ISF in Henderson??

Does anyone know how or if I can send my husband care packages?? He's in the SAFP program at the East texas treatment facility in Henderson. I used Jpay to get him some money but I wanted to send him some food or something else other than my lonely love letters and such, does anyone know anything I can do?
Old 04-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Account Closed

Default unfortunately not

The only thing you can send is letters and photos. You can only send six regular size, photos per letter. I know it sucks. You can send books, as long as they are recovery or work related but only directly through amazon, barns and noble, etc. Hope that helps
Old 04-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Account Closed

Default Cryneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryneyez68 View Post
Hello all, My first time posting so I'm hoping that I'm doing it correctly. My 20 year old son is in the East Texas Treatment Facility in Henderson. He's on the ISF for probation violations, and was given 90 days, My question to anyone who may have information to share with me is appreciateed. Can they receive writing material, books and magazines from approved vendors? TDCJ approved vendors. Are their rules the same as TDCJ on care package? Thank you. Cryneyez
Have you gotten any answers to your questions yet? If not, here's what I know. They can receive book but only if they are work or recovery related. I tried sending my man a book on pre-pregnancy planning because we want to start trying shortly after he gets out in Aug, but they wouldn't let him have it because it had drawings of penises, etc. hysterical, You know you can send through amazon, barns and noble, borders. You can only send letters and 4x6 pictures. Only 6 pics per letter as well. No care packages
Hope that helps. Hillary
Old 04-30-2012, 06:38 PM

Default Isf

My son will be going to ISF in Texas. He asked to come home after this is done. Does anyone know what happens at ISF? Is it classes? Do they get fed? What is it like? Can they have visitors?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:38 AM

Default My son

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassinTime View Post
Help!! My son is in Denton County and being sent to ETTF ISF for 90 day Substance Abuse program. Want to understand phone procedures.... how long til 1st visit and anything else you can share. So worried & confused.
I am sorry but I cannot figure this site out very well. I live in Texas and my son will most likely be going to a SAFPF or atleast I pray he can. I wanted to make a post but nomatter where i look i can't figure it out so i am replying to this to ask questions. I just wanted to know what it's like there so maybe I can tell him. He is currently in jail and has been for a week. He's got alot on him but he's at the point now that he knows he needs help and i just hope he can get into the SAFPF. If anyone has any info. I'd really appreciate it.

Thank You,
Stacy
Old 05-08-2012, 11:55 AM

Default ettf

Hi, I"m new on here n needing some info on ettf. I have a friend their that I have not seen in years. Would love very much like to hear his voice. How do I set up phone calls n can it be a cell phone, do i have to be on his visitation list. Thanks for any help
Old 05-29-2012, 03:50 PM

All the information on this thread has been super helpful so far. I have a few more questions about the ISF program. My ex (my son's dad) is getting sent to Henderson for probation violation and I'm trying to get some info for him.
1. How long does it usually take for a bed to open up? He got sentenced to ISF on May 16. He's worried that it'll take months to get transferred -- anyone know what the normal range is?
2. How long do people usually spend there? He was sentenced to two 45-day tracts, so it seems like it would be 90 days, but apparently it can be longer than that?
3. How's the quality of the rehab treatment? My ex has been battling some pretty serious addiction issues for a while (going to AA and getting psychiatric help) but it's been an up-and-down battle. Has anyone had any good experiences where the treatment they offer has actually helped? Or is that part of it a joke? Also, since he's been sentenced to ISF, will he actually be getting rehab?
4. How kid-friendly is the visitation? My ex has been in county lock-up since February and my son (four and a half years old) really misses his dad. I'd take him for a visit, but at the county lock up they just have the visitation rooms with the phone and glass wall, which I think would be pretty traumatic for my son. If it's a better set-up (contact visits, not too scary) I'd be willing to make the drive out there so my son could have a visit.
5. Is it still 30 days before they can make a phone call?
Thanks!

Last edited by ATXmom; 05-29-2012 at 03:57 PM..
Old 07-13-2012, 08:42 AM
mrslivinginfaithcarringto

Is there anybody that has a loved one in the isf program in henderson tx for july 2012 at the
Old 07-24-2012, 03:24 AM
Forever his girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslivininfaith
Is there anybody that has a loved one in the isf program in henderson tx for july 2012 at the
My brother recently got transferred to this unit. Have you visited there yet?

Old 08-01-2012, 11:54 PM
EastTX Treatment facility

My husband tranferred to ettf the last week of June. Originally it was said to be for 90 days..but recently he has heard that something was supposed to have changed to where they are only there 60 days. I talked with his counselor & she is supposed to check it out, but she said that what she thinks it is is that they are leaving at around 60 days now instead of the 90. But it just depends. I'm so hopeful--I miss him so very much we have never been apart, plus our baby boy was just born & I am just counting down the days...
has anyone else heard about the 60 day thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslivininfaith View Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesFamily View Post
My husband tranferred to ettf the last week of June. Originally it was said to be for 90 days..but recently he has heard that something was supposed to have changed to where they are only there 60 days. I talked with his counselor & she is supposed to check it out, but she said that what she thinks it is is that they are leaving at around 60 days now instead of the 90. But it just depends. I'm so hopeful--I miss him so very much we have never been apart, plus our baby boy was just born & I am just counting down the days...
has anyone else heard about the 60 day thing?

Do you know yet when he'll be released? My boyfriend just arrived there yesterday.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:27 AM

Hi all! My boyfriend is heading to this facility. Hopefully on Monday for a 90-day inpatient rehab program. At least that is how it was told to him. But, it is still a prison. He keeps saying he wants to try to get out in 45 days, maybe some of you have info on that. I will try to take some time to read over all the posts on this thread to gain as much knowledge as possible. He is still in county lock-up and the time there does not go towards his 90 days.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:26 AM

Unhappy

Mine was told that it would only be 45 days... and the time started from when he was stamped. So I'm crossing my fingers that's true but preparing myself for up to 6 months. Let me know if you find anything else out.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:15 AM

According to my boyfriend's PO, he should be home around Thanksgiving. They said he'd be transferred today, possibly, but more than likely this week in the very least. It's bittersweet. I want him to start his time already, but he'll be 5 hours away! As soon as I hear something, I'll let you know!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:17 PM

His paper was stamped july 16th and they took him the 31st. I haven't heard a word from him since... I'm hoping I get a letter soon! If you want we can exchange emails and it might be easier to stay in touch. Where do you live?

Last edited by emdubya; 08-06-2012 at 12:54 PM..
Old 08-06-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emdubya View Post
Mine was stamped july 16th and they took him the 31st. I haven't heard a word from him since... I'm hoping I get a letter soon! If you want we can exchange emails and it might be easier to stay in touch. Where do you live?
I'd be happy to exchange emails. I am near Austin, Tx. I haven't heard anything from my BF today so I called the jail to see if he had been transferred, and they said he was still at county. He could still call me today, though. I have heard it can take up to a month before they can make phone calls, although, they should allow them a "courtesy call" when they first arrive at a new unit. But, depending on how far away you are from the unit, it could take a week for you to receive any letters. And, I have heard that it can sometimes take a while for their money to transfer from one unit to the next. If he is listed on the tdcj website, you can call the unit and ask how to send him money, since he may not have funds for paper and such.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:01 PM

No worries I will send you a private message (I'll try) and give you my email! Don't expect a courtesy call. I didn't get one. He's been there over a week...
Old 08-06-2012, 01:25 PM

He said that before he gets transferred to ETTF that County will allow him to call me. It is a VERY small jail, very tight-knit, so I believe that one. But, I am not really expecting much when he gets there. I do know that I will be very pro-active and the second I see he is there I will call to ask about setting up everything for phone calls, get the address so I can write to him, and ask how to send him money.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:18 PM

Smile

His original date was set for Sep. 28..But since we have heard about the 90-180 days changing to 60-180 days. And I learned that that is due to the fact that they are now shipping people out closer to 60 days instead of going the whole 90 because as long as their home plan (where they put an address in for paroling home) goes through there shouldn't be a delay in going home. His 60 day stamp is up on the 14 of this month. Recently he informed me that he's heard they will probably be trying to ship people out around the 1st of Sep. So we are hoping he is one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emdubya View Post
Do you know yet when he'll be released? My boyfriend just arrived there yesterday.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:22 PM

Does anyone know the rules on sending them pictures? I seen an old post from like 2008 where someone said 8 at the max could be sent. Does anyone know if 10 pix will get through?
Old 08-07-2012, 09:02 AM

You can send 6 per envelope. I would just send 5 one day, and the next day send 5 more. When my boyfriend is released, he is coming here, so that will definitely check out, especially since my mother works for the state, it's a good place for him to go. So, I am so happy to hear that they are trying to get people out at 60 days. He was told he would be taken back to county to be released. But, I have heard that is not the case, that there is one particular unit that they release from.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:09 PM

I called them this morning before mailing it off and the mail room told me that there isn't a limit as long as you have the right amount of postage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misshousemouse View Post
You can send 6 per envelope. I would just send 5 one day, and the next day send 5 more. When my boyfriend is released, he is coming here, so that will definitely check out, especially since my mother works for the state, it's a good place for him to go. So, I am so happy to hear that they are trying to get people out at 60 days. He was told he would be taken back to county to be released. But, I have heard that is not the case, that there is one particular unit that they release from.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:45 PM

My BF says he doesn't think he'll be able to write until he has been in there 30 days. True or not?
Old 08-11-2012, 10:38 AM

Lol that is not true who told him that??
As long as someone puts $ on his books so that he is able to buy stamps and what ever else he may need to write, he should be able to write you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by misshousemouse View Post
My BF says he doesn't think he'll be able to write until he has been in there 30 days. True or not?