Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > CANADA PRISON FORUMS > Canada - General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Canada - General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Canada that do not fit into any other Canada subforum

Old 05-02-2012, 06:10 PM

Default He left me when I needed emotional support

Hi everyone,

I just have to share this.
My husband is in prison and I got very ill with the flu in February, of course I was at home trying to get better and i started noticing a lot of anxiety and feeling really down. When I'm not working my mind doesn't stop.
I'm now on anti depressants.
Well, to make a long story short, my husband started saying that all this were excuses not to go see him and one evening he called just to break up with me, making a point of calling me every name in the book, saying that all the letters I wrote to him for the past year are all lies, etc, etc.
He does call once in a while only to speak with our son, wants nothing to do with me. After putting up with all his crap for 10 years this is what I'm left with!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Donation Award 

he sounds like a straight dick. file for divorce if he wants to act that way. write him a letter telling him youre sick of it you did nothing wrong while he fucked up and got locked up you have been doing everything yourself! what an inconsiderate prick! let him know how you feel and enclose documentation with it. you shouldnt have to go through this while he is locked up. i would count your blessings and try to move on because obviously he is very unappreciative best of luck to you with your choices
Old 05-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Does NOT Sugarcoat

Thanked 3,621 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by battym View Post
Hi everyone,

I just have to share this.
My husband is in prison and I got very ill with the flu in February, of course I was at home trying to get better and i started noticing a lot of anxiety and feeling really down. When I'm not working my mind doesn't stop.
I'm now on anti depressants.
Well, to make a long story short, my husband started saying that all this were excuses not to go see him and one evening he called just to break up with me, making a point of calling me every name in the book, saying that all the letters I wrote to him for the past year are all lies, etc, etc.
He does call once in a while only to speak with our son, wants nothing to do with me. After putting up with all his crap for 10 years this is what I'm left with!!
What an asshole! He broke up with you, when you are supposed to be married? Is this like a fake, half-assed marriage to him? And it was over you being sick and not visiting him?

I believe there is more going on with him. I would question whether he has someone knew in his life. I am not saying he does, but it seems very strange to me that this is his reason for breaking up with you.

Is this how you want to live the rest of your life? Hun, you deserve better than this. I suggest you start the divorce proceedings and move on with your life. I know it hurts to hear this, but don't allow him to hurt you any longer. Try getting into some therapy to help you heal. You will feel a lot better if you do.

I wish you peace, love and healing.

Peace~

Old 05-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,051 Times in 1,721 Posts

This is horrible. The audacity of him to treat you like that. I am speechless because when I read stuff like this it kinda makes me feel they are right where they deserve to be because they are just so out of tune from life. I can't stand a person that thinks its all about them.

To the world you might just be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Just don't want 2 b alone

battym,

I hate this happened to you. I for one do not understand how men seem to rationalize the craziness within their damn heads. It seems one minute they are loving the hell out of us and the next minute, its a whole 360. I may be wrong, but I think he's simply blowing off steam, or he may think this is something you want (You know they become mind readers when they get locked up). When our loved ones are locked up, they think because we are apart it lessens our love for them. They are so wrong for thinking that nonsense. Some even have the tendency to think they should be our only priority just because they are locked up (My husband did)! They become selfish and nothing else seems to matter. If we don't do what they say or give them what they want, it's time for them to hurt us by saying that it is over and doing everything within their power to make us feel bad about it (Everything was my fault).

Depending on how long he has been acting this way, I'll say he wants you to recognize that it's all about him now and anything that goes against that will not be acceptable (That's maybe how he sees it). I can almost certify that if you make it your business to visit with him soon, he will apologize, but you will have to take the first step.

I am wishing you the best with what you are dealing with. It must be hurtful to go through ten years of marriage just to have him say that it's over. I think he's upset and spoiled. He is reassuring his position as your husband by perhaps punishing you so that if you love him and want him, you will not mess another visit.

Last edited by No More Tears; 05-02-2012 at 07:20 PM..