Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > GREAT MEADOW HUB - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

GREAT MEADOW HUB - NY DOC New York State Prisons & Institutions located inside the GREAT MEADOW HUB - Moriah, Washington, Great Meadow, Mt. McGregor, Greene, Coxsackie, Hudson.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-06-2012, 07:10 AM
Sheana15's Avatar
Sheana15 Sheana15 is offline
Say You Promise
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 50
Thanks: 12
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Default Greene CF

Hubby is being transferred to Greene! Does anyone know anything about it?
__________________
We know everything about each other, but we still keep holding on...
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Momma Ann's Avatar
Momma Ann Momma Ann is offline
Survivor and Thriver!

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 11,455
Thanks: 574
Thanked 7,147 Times in 2,968 Posts
Default

did you read the sticky?

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87440
__________________
Momma Ann



When I was lost--I found PTO. Thank you everyone.

"Pay it forward."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-23-2012, 11:29 AM
MissBehavinn MissBehavinn is offline
Account Closed
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: U.S.
Posts: 531
Thanks: 9
Thanked 260 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheana15 View Post
Hubby is being transferred to Greene! Does anyone know anything about it?

Make sure you get there early! The visiting room can fill up fast and processing takes a little while.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Sheana15's Avatar
Sheana15 Sheana15 is offline
Say You Promise
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 50
Thanks: 12
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBehavinn

Make sure you get there early! The visiting room can fill up fast and processing takes a little while.
I'm going this Sunday!!! Thank you! Do they end visits early if it gets too many ppl?
__________________
We know everything about each other, but we still keep holding on...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-24-2012, 06:37 AM
Momma Ann's Avatar
Momma Ann Momma Ann is offline
Survivor and Thriver!

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 11,455
Thanks: 574
Thanked 7,147 Times in 2,968 Posts
Default

every prison terminates visits if there are too many people visiting.
__________________
Momma Ann



When I was lost--I found PTO. Thank you everyone.

"Pay it forward."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-02-2012, 01:02 PM
djbarr1465 djbarr1465 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I have ahd nothing but good experience with Greene. The CO's are helpful and will go out of their way to get you thru the process. One of the easiet and nices ones to visit at.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djbarr1465 For This Useful Post:
Momma Ann (05-02-2012)
  #7  
Old 05-02-2012, 01:19 PM
MissVal1920's Avatar
MissVal1920 MissVal1920 is offline
Devoted Wife
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NJ/NY
Posts: 3,306
Thanks: 1,961
Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,517 Posts
Default

Hey Sheana! So glad he's outta there... I hear great things about Greene and I hope everything is smooth from here on.
__________________
~*~*~*~*~
PWGP Inc.
NY/NJ/CT Support Conference Call 9/11/2012 8:30PM-9:30PM
Send PM for more info
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-14-2012, 10:16 AM
mandarose's Avatar
mandarose mandarose is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 2,075
Thanks: 175
Thanked 483 Times in 378 Posts
Default

This sounds good, I feel relieved some what...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Sheana15's Avatar
Sheana15 Sheana15 is offline
Say You Promise
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 50
Thanks: 12
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVal1920
Hey Sheana! So glad he's outta there... I hear great things about Greene and I hope everything is smooth from here on.
I'm just seeing this and I am oh so late!!! But I must say so far everything is going great!!! Thank you!!!
__________________
We know everything about each other, but we still keep holding on...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Sheana15's Avatar
Sheana15 Sheana15 is offline
Say You Promise
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 50
Thanks: 12
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarose
This sounds good, I feel relieved some what...
It's actually a good place, so far!! No complaints
__________________
We know everything about each other, but we still keep holding on...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-17-2012, 07:48 PM
mandarose's Avatar
mandarose mandarose is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 2,075
Thanks: 175
Thanked 483 Times in 378 Posts
Default

Good, hoping to make my first trip there Saturday (:
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Lizatwin1 Lizatwin1 is offline
TearsShed
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 279
Thanks: 134
Thanked 191 Times in 81 Posts
Default

I went to visit my friend last Saturday there & the C.O.s were great!!! however I now know that each facility makes their own rules. I say this because no one can visit at Greene with sleeveless top. There is no directive that states this. My husband who is in max at Shawangunk I wear sleeveless there every weekend this summer. Never denied entry. I was glad that Greene doesn't permit leggings since many women don't utilize at their discretion what's appropriate fitting.
The biggest issue I had is that you must wait outside in the heat and garbage overflowing outside which stinks awful and the inconsiderate people ? I want to say other but I will be civil, these people smoking on top of others infants children elders. It was appalling, I was angered and disgusted. They were primarily people who stepped off the van service. Not saying all were but most were offensive. Older woman cursing in front of children. I struggled containing myself from opening my mouth! I was so out of my element and thought how their behaviors contribute to the criticism and treatment families and visitors receive from DOCs , their employees, and society in general.
Then is the red knitted bags that are for packages. Omg! These people acted like savages. The C.O. comes out and hands one person a red bag that holds several but not enough, and it was females pushing cursing about getting a red bag.
The staff great. Facility accommodating. The experience being around these people was such a negative that I told my friend I will write, buy him what he may need, put the phone on for him but I won't return there. Again this is my perspective and any decent human being will agree about what I witnessed screams shame!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-18-2012, 08:24 PM
mandarose's Avatar
mandarose mandarose is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 2,075
Thanks: 175
Thanked 483 Times in 378 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizatwin1
I went to visit my friend last Saturday there & the C.O.s were great!!! however I now know that each facility makes their own rules. I say this because no one can visit at Greene with sleeveless top. There is no directive that states this. My husband who is in max at Shawangunk I wear sleeveless there every weekend this summer. Never denied entry. I was glad that Greene doesn't permit leggings since many women don't utilize at their discretion what's appropriate fitting.
The biggest issue I had is that you must wait outside in the heat and garbage overflowing outside which stinks awful and the inconsiderate people ? I want to say other but I will be civil, these people smoking on top of others infants children elders. It was appalling, I was angered and disgusted. They were primarily people who stepped off the van service. Not saying all were but most were offensive. Older woman cursing in front of children. I struggled containing myself from opening my mouth! I was so out of my element and thought how their behaviors contribute to the criticism and treatment families and visitors receive from DOCs , their employees, and society in general.
Then is the red knitted bags that are for packages. Omg! These people acted like savages. The C.O. comes out and hands one person a red bag that holds several but not enough, and it was females pushing cursing about getting a red bag.
The staff great. Facility accommodating. The experience being around these people was such a negative that I told my friend I will write, buy him what he may need, put the phone on for him but I won't return there. Again this is my perspective and any decent human being will agree about what I witnessed screams shame!

Sounds awful.. I can't tolerate people like that.. I hope I don't encounter folks like that >.<
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:16 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2013 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics