Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:24 AM

Default Just had a light bulb moment! Done with my pity party

I know a lot of us are upset, hurting, shocked- just an emotional mess. I can say that my relationship isn't appreciated too much among family and a few friends. My boyfriend leaves for 6-12 months on Friday, May 4th. I've done a lot of crying and a lot of pitying myself. I've come to the realization that my boyfriend is going through almost the exact same thing, and probably a little worse. I'm being torn from my best friend and true love, but he's being torn away from all of his loved ones.

Therefore, I've decided I'm done with my pity party! I should be grateful he's alive, healthy, and I'm still able to see his precious face. Things could be a lot worse and better of course. I'm the one that knowingly chose to be with him despite the circumstances, so I might as well make the best out of our situation. I hope my little Einstein moment helps some of you ladies feel more positive and you're able to look at the bright side
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zuweee For This Useful Post:
alwaysmylove (05-02-2012), pastry520 (05-02-2012), Rae87 (05-02-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Faithfully Waiting

Awesome attitude! Good luck going through this with him obviously you will have your good days and hard days so I wish u all the best on this journey! And commend you for being so strong and looking on the bright side. Thank you for your inspirational post!
Old 05-02-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuweee
I know a lot of us are upset, hurting, shocked- just an emotional mess. I can say that my relationship isn't appreciated too much among family and a few friends. My boyfriend leaves for 6-12 months on Friday, May 4th. I've done a lot of crying and a lot of pitying myself. I've come to the realization that my boyfriend is going through almost the exact same thing, and probably a little worse. I'm being torn from my best friend and true love, but he's being torn away from all of his loved ones.

Therefore, I've decided I'm done with my pity party! I should be grateful he's alive, healthy, and I'm still able to see his precious face. Things could be a lot worse and better of course. I'm the one that knowingly chose to be with him despite the circumstances, so I might as well make the best out of our situation. I hope my little Einstein moment helps some of you ladies feel more positive and you're able to look at the bright side
I feel the same way. It's amazing how someone else feels the same way but hey they say time heals everything. I been away my husband for about 1 1/2 years n I got another year to go. I have to kids n I'm doing all by myself I was feeling the same way bug u said I need to stop this abc not let my feeling win me I'm stronger n with little support I am capable of maintain hopes up
Old 05-02-2012, 11:55 AM

Thanked 2,649 Times in 1,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuweee View Post

I completely agree! Your attitude will make this journey much easier on you and him. Good for you and thank you for sharing!

The Following User Says Thank You to countryzgirl For This Useful Post:
Zuweee (05-02-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynminnie View Post
I feel the same way. It's amazing how someone else feels the same way but hey they say time heals everything. I been away my husband for about 1 1/2 years n I got another year to go. I have to kids n I'm doing all by myself I was feeling the same way bug u said I need to stop this abc not let my feeling win me I'm stronger n with little support I am capable of maintain hopes up
I know everyone's situation is different, but I can definitely commend those like you with children and longer bids! If you ever need words of encouragement or just to vent I'm here. A lot of times these situations can be very overwhelming, but we're all capable of staying positive and supportive. Stay strong hun
Old 05-02-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryzgirl View Post
I completely agree! Your attitude will make this journey much easier on you and him. Good for you and thank you for sharing!
Thanks! I just feel like if I can't control the situation I might as well do the best I can, and that means staying strong for myself, him, and all our family and friends
The Following User Says Thank You to Zuweee For This Useful Post:
countryzgirl (05-02-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:

I know everyone's situation is different, but I can definitely commend those like you with children and longer bids! If you ever need words of encouragement or just to vent I'm here. A lot of times these situations can be very overwhelming, but we're all capable of staying positive and supportive. Stay strong hun
Thanks I will take u in mine
Old 05-02-2012, 12:17 PM

Aw, I know it seems like it sucks. But 6-12 months is really not bad. Out of your whole life you know? Keep your head up. You'll both be ok
Old 05-02-2012, 12:20 PM

Sometime I lose sight of this. So i thank you for this post.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfvprincess818 View Post
Aw, I know it seems like it sucks. But 6-12 months is really not bad. Out of your whole life you know? Keep your head up. You'll both be ok
Yeah its really isn't that long, luckily I should be done or almost done with my degree when he gets out! Hopefully he'll be out to see me graduate, but either way I'm just thankful.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:

Yeah its really isn't that long, luckily I should be done or almost done with my degree when he gets out! Hopefully he'll be out to see me graduate, but either way I'm just thankful.
Hey I'm feeling you too I should of been done with my certificate class... But with my son sick n I spend most of my time I will be in the ER I'm looking forward to be done by when he gets release