Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina Prison Profiles > South Carolina - Level III Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

South Carolina - Level III Prisons Broad River CI, McCormick CI, Perry CI, Graham (Camille Griffin) CI, Kirkland Reception and Evaluation Center, Leath CI, Lieber CI

Old 04-30-2012, 01:50 AM

Default Need info on Lieber Correctional

Anyone know anything about lieber correctional in charleston sc? If so please advise, my fiance just got moved there.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Account Closed

My husband is at Lieber, but just leveled down so hopefully he won't be there too much longer. Get ready for a lot of frustration. What dorm is he in? They are quite frequently locked down and the staff is truly hit or miss. Some are OK, some are real douches as you will find in all prisons.

What specific info are you looking for? Visitation alternates between Friday 4:30pm-7:30pm and Sat/Sun 8am-12pm or 1-5pm. It is based on the first letter of the inmate's last name so if A-K is Friday, L-Z will be Sat/Sun and it will flip-flop the next week. Make sure you CALL before you go because visitation is frequently cancelled due to one reason or another.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Charliesgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaby7 View Post
Anyone know anything about lieber correctional in charleston sc? If so please advise, my fiance just got moved there.
My bf is in Lieber. Im still trying to figure everything out to. Ask any ?s and I will try to get you the answers
Old 01-27-2013, 11:16 PM

Sorry i have not been on here in a while. But since this post i have been and your right some of the guards are okay and some are complete douches! I hate how you have to take off your shoes its so annoying and i get so nervous because they are so strict with clothing
I wanna look good when i see him not like im about to go run track lol. But thank you for replying
How often do you go? I live in lancaster so im three hours away. Usually i go for the weekend and get a room a few mins from the prison. Im not sure what dorm he is in. I knw his wrist band color is green. Ill have to ask him. Im going back to see him the weekend of february 9th n 10th. And yes they stay on lockdown all the time. I hate it. Are you a wife..girlfriend..mother? My fiance got a while but hopefully when we take it back to court it gets lowered. Any tips or advice you can give about anything is always helpful. Look forward to chatting with you
Old 02-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 2,238 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaby7 View Post
Sorry i have not been on here in a while. But since this post i have been and your right some of the guards are okay and some are complete douches! I hate how you have to take off your shoes its so annoying and i get so nervous because they are so strict with clothing
I wanna look good when i see him not like im about to go run track lol. But thank you for replying
How often do you go? I live in lancaster so im three hours away. Usually i go for the weekend and get a room a few mins from the prison. Im not sure what dorm he is in. I knw his wrist band color is green. Ill have to ask him. Im going back to see him the weekend of february 9th n 10th. And yes they stay on lockdown all the time. I hate it. Are you a wife..girlfriend..mother? My fiance got a while but hopefully when we take it back to court it gets lowered. Any tips or advice you can give about anything is always helpful. Look forward to chatting with you
What you're describing isn't exclusive to Lieber, but it has been one of the worse places I've visited my love. Always call before you make that trip because visitation could be cancelled for one day but not the next. I hope it gets better for you especially since you're driving that far away.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:21 AM

My boyfriend is in lieber. They are always on lock down makes me mad. Well I live in TX. I don't get to visit cause he got into trouble and is in lock down for a while. Miss talking to him. When I call lieber to ask questions they are very rude. Hoping that they grant his parole he needs to be home.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:23 AM

Is the south Carolina corrections website correct do they update it. He has a projected parole date soon but got into trouble so wanted to know will he still have his parole hearing that day?
Old 03-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 2,238 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladye7680 View Post
My boyfriend is in lieber. They are always on lock down makes me mad. Well I live in TX. I don't get to visit cause he got into trouble and is in lock down for a while. Miss talking to him. When I call lieber to ask questions they are very rude. Hoping that they grant his parole he needs to be home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladye7680 View Post
Is the south Carolina corrections website correct do they update it. He has a projected parole date soon but got into trouble so wanted to know will he still have his parole hearing that day?
That's the nature of Lieber unfortunately. I've had better experiences dealing with staff at other SCDC institutions. I haven't been there in months. The SCDC website is usually up-to-date with their information, unless they are transferred/have an annual review, the information pretty much stays the same. If he received a disciplinary charge, that could factor in somewhat, is this his first parole hearing?

Old 05-06-2013, 09:07 AM

My man is at lieber I haven't talked to him since last Monday... He usually calls me everyday I called the prison dis am and found out they're on lockdown ugh I wrote him hopefully he'll write me back I miss him so much