Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Violent Offender
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Loving a Violent Offender Discuss the issues of having a violent offender as part of your life. Please keep in mind that some of us are married to violent offenders. Please remember that these offenders are human, and as such, can change... just like anyone else.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:52 AM
DLC-MyLove-MyLife

Met my love and his sis when we were 12 or 13 (1980ish). Lost touch w/him a couple yrs later, but stayed in touch w/his sis off & on over the yrs. I would ask her about him & usually got not-so-good answer-in & out of trouble. Fast forward to 2004, now in our late 30s, his sis came to Calif. from Louisiana for family graduation/BBQ. Happily a single mom, my then 11yr old son & I were invited to BBQ, but almost didn’t go. We were at the party less than 30mins. when, as usual, I asked his sis how he was. She said, “He’s in the kitchen, you walked right past him.” We went inside & she asked him if he remembered me. He turned toward me w/ a big, sexy smile(honestly I don't remember what he said), then gave me the biggest hug ever. After 20+ years, didn’t think he’d remember me-found out later he had a crush on me back then, I had no idea. Spent rest of that day at BBQ with him. He came over the next day, did some handyman work around the house, cooked my son & I dinner(delicious, I knew he was a keeper), he stayed over that night & we’ve been together since-almost 8yrs. His sis called me a few days later & asked, "What's up w/you & my brother?" Told her, "I'm not sure, but I'm lovin' it." I knew about his past, so no judgment there. He has made so many positive changes in his life for us to be together-this is just another bump in the road. I love him to death & my son loves & misses his “dad”. I know he loves us, too. I can’t imagine my life w/out him.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2012, 01:20 PM

Well I met my guy when we were in 6th grade. Then in 8th grade we became "bf/gf". We then ended up with a baby girl on the way when I was 15. We separated but still kept in touch off and on for a whole until one day it was over. I went my way while he chose to go the opposite direction. Our daughter never met him until about 17 months ago (she was 17) due to he had been incarcerated for several years. His mother passed away and she wanted to go to the funeral home and there was her daddy standing there. His family had him brought in for it. It was a very emotional situation all the way around for all of us. He was so happy to finally see his little girl! Anyway, he and I talked from then on out and all the feelings came rushing back for both of us. He's my one and only and e actually proposed to me on visit in front of everyone a month ago tomorrow and I said YES!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:46 AM
one love two deep baby!!!

Well 2 years ago we met after he requested me to b his friend on myspace who would have thought you find love on the internet
Faith--it doesn't make things easier, it makes them possible! Luke 1:37
Old 04-13-2012, 04:30 AM

I met my boo through his sister.we clicked fast.he has two years left,and I am so anxious for him to come home.he's this big strong man with a shell of armor but when it comes to his feelings for me he doesn't mind telling me how much he loves me or expressing his feelings.he has asked me to marry him when he comes home.I love him verry much
Old 04-13-2012, 05:49 AM
Love Wins
Donation Award 

Michael and I met 15 years ago through my cousin. I was 12 and he was 15. My first thoughts were, " he is soooooo handsome", shortly after that we lost touch. Then about three years later I ran into his brother. He invited me over to the house (where Michael was staying). We hit it off, became boyfriend and girlfriend. I would skip school and go straight to his house. But we broke up but stayed in touch. He was in and out of jail alot. Now that we are older I can honestly say that we were meant to be....God I love that man.....

Old 04-23-2012, 08:50 AM

I met mine back in 04. I was a tribal police officer. He was drunk and disturbing the piece. He threatened to kick my ass, I wished him luck, blah, blah, blah. I should have taken his ass to jail, but I literally fell head over heels in love with him the moment he opened his mouth.

Over some years, I'd see him around. He'd come spend my lunch break with me every night. He never knew how I felt about him and I never knew how he felt about me. Not until the night he killed that man. After three years, for some reason, he hollered to him that I loved him as he was driving away. He hit the brakes in his truck, got out, ran back to me and kissed me for the first time. It was the most passion I'd ever felt. As he ran back to his truck, he yelled out that he loved me too. He said he'd be back in a bit, but he didn't. It took me a while to try to find him. It didn't occur to me to check the jail.

He's sentenced to life. His first parole hearing isn't for another 14 years. I'll wait. As long as I have to. As opposite as we are, he is honestly my one true love and I would never give him up for anything.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:02 AM

I met my husband at his bestfriends house .. me and my friends would go to his bestfriends house all the time because MY bestfriend was HIS cousin and i seen a picture of him and i was joking around saying this is my future baby daddy lol fast and one day he poped up and he said yea he would be my fbd and i almost fainted and we fell in love the moment we seen eachother at his bestfriends house. lol foward so when i was 18 we had been in the relationship for 2 years already and i ended up having a son with him but he got locked up 7 days before our son was born :/ now we been together for 5 years
Our friends would all make fun of us
and we'll just laugh along because we know
That none of them have felt this way <3
Old 04-29-2012, 04:04 PM

I met my man on Myspace, I had just dated a man with his same name and he turned out to be a jerk so I was reluctant to respond to his emails but he kept being persistant just saying hi& good morning and good night so I started emailing him on Myspace in July of 2010. We then met on 8/13/10 Friday the 13th & we have been best friends ever since now he is in jail for a while& I won't give up on him. We are getting married as soon as he goes to where he is going to do his time. I'm hoping to get married on July 13th that will be a Friday the 13th and last year I got to see the gulf with him in Panama City Beach& I will never forget that we walked along the beach in the sunset& talked& held hands& I drew a heart in the sand with our initials in it it was on July 15th 2011. So I have Myspace to thank for all of this. I Love my M&M I can't wait to finally visit him when he goes to prison. He has my <3.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:26 PM

We met working at McDonald's when we were 16. We hadn't officially met and it was a busy day. He ccalled to me from the drive through window to make a mcflurry. I hadn't learned how to make them since it was one of the first days I'd worked. He was in such a hurry and I was worried about messing up and getting fired. So he ran over grabbed the cup out of my hand (gently), looked me in the eyes and said "don't trip". All accompanied by his sultry crooked smile. We had a moment. LOL I swear I was swooning the rest of the day. Love at first sight.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:59 PM

I met my bf when i got home from taking classes at a college. He was talking to a mutual friend we had. I walked up to this friend n was talking, my bf said to the friend"ill see you later im gonna go" i said " u can go home with me" n then my bf said " ill be bk" he came to my house 2-3 hours later and never left. Lol
Old 05-11-2012, 04:52 PM

I met my husband in a korean fair that they do were I live at every sep. I was 25yr n he was 22yr he was standing up talking to his homie I past by were he was n when I saw him I went like (Dammmmm who's the fine guy)lol I love the way he was dress up all in yellow..lol he saw me to but he didn't talk to me he was to shy well me eigthere talk to him I was kind of shy to!!lol so then it was getting kind of late so I decide it to go home..when I was going home bearly my bestfriend was coming in to the fair so she's like were u going don't go home it's still early so I went inside with her n I tell her that I saw this guy n that I think he's so cute ect..n she's like well let's go find him n u gonna talk to him n am like okay let's do this..lol so we saw him n i just went straigh up to him n tell him wassup!!lol jaja seens that day we have been together 6yrs and we have 2beautifull kids I love him so much.. seens the first time I saw him something inside of me tell me that he was gonna be my soul mate my one & only..

Last edited by sugey213; 05-11-2012 at 04:56 PM..
Old 05-11-2012, 04:55 PM

i met anthony on a penpal site last year. we are in a relationship(since dec.2011) and i'm getting ready to move to california
Old 05-14-2012, 03:34 PM

I met my man through my neighbor. Me and all my friends were at my house and I ran over to there house to get something and he was giving me hell telling me I couldn't have it. i didn't pay to much attention to him until one day after a 12 hour bus ride from Utah to Colorado (spent the summer with family in Utah) my homeboy picked me up and took me to his house and the first thing he said to me was oh shit the trouble makers back haha I hung out with him everrryday after that next thing I know were living together and hes calling me his girl uuugh I miiiss him!!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 09:46 PM

I met my man on Myspace, he would email& just say hello& good morning but I wouldn't pay any attention to him because I just got out of a relationship with a Mike so I thought he was bad news like him so I decided to talk to him because he was being persistant& not giving up on me so I emailed him, he gave me his number& I talked to him for a month then we finally met on August 13th 2010 Friday the 13th & we have been together ever since he loves me the way I want to be loved I can't see my life without him so Im not giving up on him he is now in Branchville& I pray he gets some time cuts so we can be together again soon I miss him so bad& now we are getting married can

111911_150503.png

't wait to be Mrs. Martin I Love You Mike Martin for life!! Love your future wife Dawn
Old 05-25-2012, 08:31 PM

I met my bf at summer school my sophmore year of high school.He walked by my desk and I told him his shirt was ugly lol.It was just to start flirting with him because he was soooo gorgeous&it worked.We have a 5 year old daughter now and have been together for 6 years.I love that man with an ugly shirt lol
Old 07-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Mad Maddie

I fell in love with him in 1992 (we were in our early 20's) and since he went down in 1997 he has grown into a wonderful man, although in some ways, he's still the same sweet boy he was when I met him.
But, that is true for many of us in life, it's always good to keep SOME childlike qualities.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:34 PM

We met on Plenty of Fish...I was going through a divorce and he had messaged me basically looking for sex. I looked at his pics and he had that sexy prison stance that I unfortunately love a little too much, so I agreed, thinking it would happen within the next few days. It took forever to finally meet and when we did, he was so adorably shy! I kind of think I may have been this first girl he had been with since doing 13 years. We had a FWB thing for a few months and he ended up disappearing on me. I kind of felt like he had lost interest and maybe that was why he stopped talking to me. I was pretty let down because I was honestly starting to like him for more than just sex. About a month and a half ago, I got on the county jail roster looking for someone else and found his name. He had been in jail pretty much since I last heard from him so of course I wrote him! Its been really great to actually learn about him and get to know him on a real level.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Mr & Mrs Johnson 4 Ever

We met in 2007 been goin strong ever since 5yrs this dec. We were n San Francisco and we both say God knew what he was doing...I tried to ignore my growing attraction but like country strong I gave in and am still head over heels!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:53 AM

We met when I was 16 and he was 19. He came into KFC where I was working, to get his mom some chicken. We was only together a few months before he got locked up but we still fell in love in that short amount of time. When he got his sentence I was devastated. For two years we wrote each other then I joined the Army and left the state. We lost contact but I never forgot about him. When my marriage failed I had t hunt him down because he had been moved so much. We have been going strong ever since. Its like we never stopped talking. He has 2 & 1/2 years left . I love him so much and I cant wait for us to be together.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:03 PM

We met at the Native centre. He drummed with my 14 yr old and they chatted sometimes. One day walking home we were going the same way and talked. The. He went in a differe t direction and my son said "mom, he didn't want to talk to you". He added me on fb that night. Came over the next night and never left lol. Guess my son was wrong.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:09 AM

We met when we were 17 thru a mutual friend. Been w/ him for 17 years

Last edited by Mrs.Cas13; 09-19-2012 at 09:10 AM..
Old 09-21-2012, 10:06 AM

awww lots of these stories are heart warming, i wish you all the best of luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Soudy For This Useful Post:
bdwoman (09-21-2012)
Old 10-16-2012, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayaiziababy1
I. MWI and we were pen pals/friends 1st. I was online browsing profiles, I've been snail mail palling for years,and thought it would be nice to brighten an inmates day (sounds cheesy I guess) but at the time I had no intentions of falling in love. It happened after about 6 months of friendship

Sent from my SPH-D700 using PrisonTalk
my EXACT story.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:38 PM

I met my hunny on a chatline. I had been calling for years partly because I was bored and partly because I thought maybe I would get lucky....I got lucky. At first I didn't even know he was locked up and my initial reaction was to hang up, but he was interesting and I was curious. He was very vocal about not being desperate and that he just wanted someone to talk to every now and then. Next thing I know feelings were developing and calls were getting more frequent. Now here I am in love with not only an inmate, but an inmate I've never met in person before. Can't say I regret it. I love him and I believe he loves me. I really enjoy the fact that we have the next 4 years to get to know each other and strengthen our bond. If all goes well we will get married shortly before his release date.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:16 AM

I met my ex husband through his mom, while he was incarsarated lol can't spell that word still. He had gotten a 15 year sentence for robbery. He did 6 1/2 and we wrote off and on, then when he got home in 06 we talked everyday on the phone. Then I came back to alabama in January of 07 and we got married in September of that same year. then in 2010 we got a divorce. But now we are getting back together, and he is in kilby again, for a parole violation, but i found out friday they threw out the DUI. So i am going to call his parole officer, because since they threw it out should he of had to go back, even though they were sending him to Life Tech. which will be a good program for him