Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Florida General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:02 PM

Default Am I reading too much into conversation with friend?

So i got a phone call today, and i dont know how to take it...maybe some of you ladies can put in your thoughts...i use to be friends with thus guy since we were like 12...i hadnt seen him for a long time, and about 5 years ago while visiting my husband i seen him there. He was locked up...i got to sayin hi to him and told my husband about him...which case him and my love became friends...well he the friend was released from prison last month, i found him on facebook. So i emailed him told him congrats on being out and asked how he was dealing. he emailed back sayin hes adjusting and things asked how my husband is and asked for my number....not thinking anything of it i gave it to him....well he called today, we talked about how he is taking being out after 8 years and about how my hubby is and blah blah...we were on the phone for an hour....he then goes to tell me its crazy, he would never wait for anyone married or not he wouldnt do it...and told me how his baby momma fell of right off the bat....i told him my man has told me many times if i want out he wouldnt blame me....my friend sats im gunna tell you something, and this is just between me and you...i said allot of shit while locked up shit that was bogus it was just prion talk..said hes not tryin to plant seeds but it happens all too much...and we got to talkin about other things he asked if i had secrets...he asked when i was coming to town to visit...he asked what i was getting him for his burthday..i jokingly saud what are you getting me for mine...he saud when it comes we will take care of it....story short am i reading too much into it?? I just did not expect the convo to go the way it did...thus is no way hes ever talked to me in my mans presence. Should i be alarmed of his intentions??
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,264 Times in 963 Posts

Stay far away. FAR AWAY.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:01 PM

I agree stop talking to him!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:58 PM

that's what i was thinking, but wanted to make sure i wasn't overreacting.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Does NOT Sugarcoat

Thanked 3,624 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucos Queen View Post
So i got a phone call today, and i dont know how to take it...maybe some of you ladies can put in your thoughts...i use to be friends with thus guy since we were like 12...i hadnt seen him for a long time, and about 5 years ago while visiting my husband i seen him there. He was locked up...i got to sayin hi to him and told my husband about him...which case him and my love became friends...well he the friend was released from prison last month, i found him on facebook. So i emailed him told him congrats on being out and asked how he was dealing. he emailed back sayin hes adjusting and things asked how my husband is and asked for my number....not thinking anything of it i gave it to him....well he called today, we talked about how he is taking being out after 8 years and about how my hubby is and blah blah...we were on the phone for an hour....he then goes to tell me its crazy, he would never wait for anyone married or not he wouldnt do it...and told me how his baby momma fell of right off the bat....i told him my man has told me many times if i want out he wouldnt blame me....my friend sats im gunna tell you something, and this is just between me and you...i said allot of shit while locked up shit that was bogus it was just prion talk..said hes not tryin to plant seeds but it happens all too much...and we got to talkin about other things he asked if i had secrets...he asked when i was coming to town to visit...he asked what i was getting him for his burthday..i jokingly saud what are you getting me for mine...he saud when it comes we will take care of it....story short am i reading too much into it?? I just did not expect the convo to go the way it did...thus is no way hes ever talked to me in my mans presence. Should i be alarmed of his intentions??
What would your husbands reaction be to this conversation? That is what you should be thinking about.

Sounds like something innocent turned into more than you bargained for. I would be careful and limit my correspondance with him. Again, talk to your husband and see how he feels about it.

Then you can decide if you should be worried about this guy.

Peace~

Old 04-27-2012, 11:11 PM

My husband would trip the heck out! I can already hear his reaction to the way this convo turned out. Thank you ladies!
Old 04-28-2012, 05:39 AM
~Missing my Husband~
Donation Award 

My thought is - he should not be saying anything to you on the phone that he would not/could not say if your husband was standing right there.
Sheryl P. (04-28-2012)
Old 04-28-2012, 05:48 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,454 Times in 1,912 Posts

I agree that you are just asking for trouble with him.
I also don't like the implication that your man is just giving you "prison talk".
Old 04-28-2012, 06:15 AM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,264 Times in 963 Posts

He could also be part of some half-baked plan with your husband to test your loyalty.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Stalking the mailman.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAN425 View Post
He could also be part of some half-baked plan with your husband to test your loyalty.
That is what I was thinking too.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:23 AM

That is true, i have even thought that..im a very cautious person and always double reading into things...and its why i wanted other peoples input.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl P.
I agree that you are just asking for trouble with him.
I also don't like the implication that your man is just giving you "prison talk".
I dont like that either i expect it from people out here, but from someone that'd been my friend for so long and my mans...someone wjo just got out, that is when the rad alarm started ringing
Old 04-29-2012, 12:42 PM

Ok ladies....the little bit of conversation got in my head, je successfully planted seeds of doubt....i been trying to ignore it, but im human! I mean i know id be ok if i can see my love or talk on the phone with him. He holds a magic that erases any doubts i have. This transfer from Oregon to Florida is really getting hard! i have to keep repeating to myself " we only have five years left". of a 20 year bid....ugh ladies im not the only one who struggles right....hearing my girls who have relationships out here talk about things they do together is getting to me last few days! i want that!!