Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-22-2012, 05:26 PM
diana1988's Avatar
diana1988 diana1988 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Withdrawals from heroin

I did heroin for about two months because my boyfriend got me hooked on it now he is in rehab i stopped doing heroin and been clean for two weeks and now i have withdraws and cuz of that i have a hard time sleeping and working is there anything that can help me with my withdraws?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-22-2012, 05:51 PM
peaceplease's Avatar
peaceplease peaceplease is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: yavapai county, arizona, usa
Posts: 417
Thanks: 83
Thanked 203 Times in 136 Posts
Default

first, kudos to you for being clean for two weeks.

having never been there myself i really don't know what you are going through, but just reaching out for help is a big step. wish i had something specific to tell you that would help. have you considered an na meeting in your area or, if the symptoms are physical, try your local er?

you are not alone in your struggle...every community has resources to help those who really want it.
__________________
michelle


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Real Checker's Avatar
Real Checker Real Checker is offline
チェッカー
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 659
Thanks: 298
Thanked 1,474 Times in 422 Posts
Default

Sometimes the reason it is hard to sleep is because your muscles are restless and it is almost impossible to get comfortable. During that time it helps to run a bath of water as hot as you can stand it without burning yourself and get in it and just soak for about 15 minutes or so. Then quickly dry off and get in the bed. If you brain is tired enough you can sometimes get asleep before your muscles start acting up again. It will take time, at least 3 or 4 days after withdrawals start before that restless feeling begins to abate. Just hang in there because it does get better.

There are some mild pain relievers that can help, but if I were you I would go all the way without chemicals.
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Real Checker For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (04-25-2012)
  #4  
Old 04-22-2012, 06:21 PM
diana1988's Avatar
diana1988 diana1988 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

No i haven't tried anything yet i took methadone pills that i got frm my bf now im out of pills and i dnt knw where else to get them.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-22-2012, 06:33 PM
DougsCandy's Avatar
DougsCandy DougsCandy is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California USA
Posts: 1,449
Thanks: 367
Thanked 450 Times in 283 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana1988
No i haven't tried anything yet i took methadone pills that i got frm my bf now im out of pills and i dnt knw where else to get them.
You will kick methadone just like you will heroin. Like the other person stated take hot baths Hun. You can do this. Just a few more days and the pain should ease up

Sent from my LG-P509 using PrisonTalk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Loubabygirl Loubabygirl is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 711
Thanks: 0
Thanked 177 Times in 123 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana1988
I did heroin for about two months because my boyfriend got me hooked on it now he is in rehab i stopped doing heroin and been clean for two weeks and now i have withdraws and cuz of that i have a hard time sleeping and working is there anything that can help me with my withdraws?
I'm a recovering alcoholic. All I can say is you have to believe YOU CAN DO IT!!!! you are better then any drug or addiction! I am now just over 3 years sober and live by those words everyday.

I know you can do it!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-22-2012, 06:52 PM
D's baby D's baby is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ma, USA
Posts: 515
Thanks: 521
Thanked 366 Times in 237 Posts
Default

i'm not trying to scold you, but you shouldn't be taking pills from someone else....that's only going to lead to another thing that you have to withdraw from. luckily you were only using for 2 months. you could go to your local emergency room and say you need detox and maybe they can send you to a detox, whether it be inpatient or outpatient. my prayers are with you honey and hope all goes well. i'm proud of you for seeking help and advise. just remember to take it one day at a time and try not to get overwhelmed. it does get easier, you just have to be committed to staying clean. i've never done heroin myself but know a lot of people near and dear to me that have, and it's hard. hopefully you have a good support system that can be there for you. and yes the NA meeting do help and you can get support if you don't already have it. and i'm sure you'll get a lot of support on here. good luck to you and your boyfriend.......just try not to let each other relapse, even if it means you have to break it off, both of you have to want this.........
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-22-2012, 07:11 PM
diana1988's Avatar
diana1988 diana1988 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsCandy

You will kick methadone just like you will heroin. Like the other person stated take hot baths Hun. You can do this. Just a few more days and the pain should ease up

Sent from my LG-P509 using PrisonTalk
Yeh i knw but its really hard cuz im not getting any sleep and when im working i dont have any energy and my body is in pain
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-22-2012, 07:20 PM
diana1988's Avatar
diana1988 diana1988 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's baby
i'm not trying to scold you, but you shouldn't be taking pills from someone else....that's only going to lead to another thing that you have to withdraw from. luckily you were only using for 2 months. you could go to your local emergency room and say you need detox and maybe they can send you to a detox, whether it be inpatient or outpatient. my prayers are with you honey and hope all goes well. i'm proud of you for seeking help and advise. just remember to take it one day at a time and try not to get overwhelmed. it does get easier, you just have to be committed to staying clean. i've never done heroin myself but know a lot of people near and dear to me that have, and it's hard. hopefully you have a good support system that can be there for you. and yes the NA meeting do help and you can get support if you don't already have it. and i'm sure you'll get a lot of support on here. good luck to you and your boyfriend.......just try not to let each other relapse, even if it means you have to break it off, both of you have to want this.........
Thank u i dont think ill ever go back to heroin i want to stay clean i never knew that withdraws can be this bad i jst hope that when my bf gets out of rehab he wont go back to heroin cuz i have hard time saying no
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-22-2012, 08:43 PM
D's baby D's baby is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ma, USA
Posts: 515
Thanks: 521
Thanked 366 Times in 237 Posts
Default

hopefully you can support each other and stay clean. go to meetings together. unfortunately honey, if he doesn't want to stay clean, then maybe you need to move on. you need to be stronger too and start saying no! i may sound a little like your mother now, BUT, NO ONE CAN EVER MAKE YOU DO ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT TO! don't ever use that as an excuse that not to stay clean! you're seeking help and advise so you know you want to stop. it's not going to be easy, but then nothing worth anything in life ever is. and withdrawal doesn't last that long. i don't know when you stopped using, but, if you don't start feeling better maybe you should look for other causes of the fatigue and pain, maybe you have an infection or something?????? just know that i'll be thinking of you and hoping you're ok.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-23-2012, 03:04 AM
diana1988's Avatar
diana1988 diana1988 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's baby
hopefully you can support each other and stay clean. go to meetings together. unfortunately honey, if he doesn't want to stay clean, then maybe you need to move on. you need to be stronger too and start saying no! i may sound a little like your mother now, BUT, NO ONE CAN EVER MAKE YOU DO ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT TO! don't ever use that as an excuse that not to stay clean! you're seeking help and advise so you know you want to stop. it's not going to be easy, but then nothing worth anything in life ever is. and withdrawal doesn't last that long. i don't know when you stopped using, but, if you don't start feeling better maybe you should look for other causes of the fatigue and pain, maybe you have an infection or something?????? just know that i'll be thinking of you and hoping you're ok.
Thanx i know i dnt have any infection cuz I have been smoking heroin instead of injecting it. I jst hate having these withdraws i keep sweating and get cold sweats chills and severe muscle and bone aches.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-23-2012, 09:10 AM
LifeTraveler's Avatar
LifeTraveler LifeTraveler is offline
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Louisiana, USA
Posts: 13,287
Thanks: 12,004
Thanked 12,866 Times in 5,332 Posts
Default

Congratulations on getting clean!! Now, the test is going to be to stay clean. Hang in there! Do what you have to do to stay clean. Get help if you need to. You don't need those drugs.
__________________
Life Traveler
Super Moderator
LASO, Immigration, Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehab, Louisiana, Ohio


Introducing PTO Quarterly -Fall 2014 Issue Read All About it Right Here!!








Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
DougsCandy (04-23-2012)
  #13  
Old 04-23-2012, 04:11 PM
D's baby D's baby is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ma, USA
Posts: 515
Thanks: 521
Thanked 366 Times in 237 Posts
Default

hope you're feeling better today.........still thinking of you..........just think, another day clean! hope you're trying to eat and drink.......good luck honey
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-23-2012, 04:17 PM
DougsCandy's Avatar
DougsCandy DougsCandy is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California USA
Posts: 1,449
Thanks: 367
Thanked 450 Times in 283 Posts
Default

I too was thinking of you and hope today is better then yesterday.. Stay strong girl, the worst part is over. YOU GOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-23-2012, 06:35 PM
diana1988's Avatar
diana1988 diana1988 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Thanx everyone i will try to stay clean my appetite is returning so thats good and i dnt feel depressed anymore
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diana1988 For This Useful Post:
Doll Eyes (04-26-2012), LifeTraveler (04-23-2012)
  #16  
Old 04-23-2012, 07:30 PM
DougsCandy's Avatar
DougsCandy DougsCandy is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California USA
Posts: 1,449
Thanks: 367
Thanked 450 Times in 283 Posts
Default

Yay that's good news. Baby girl trust me on this one.. been there don't that. There's no trying to it. Trying is dying in this situation. You have to do this

Sent from my LG-P509 using PrisonTalk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-23-2012, 07:31 PM
DougsCandy's Avatar
DougsCandy DougsCandy is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California USA
Posts: 1,449
Thanks: 367
Thanked 450 Times in 283 Posts
Default

Oops done that not dont LOL

Sent from my LG-P509 using PrisonTalk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-24-2012, 09:06 PM
D's baby D's baby is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ma, USA
Posts: 515
Thanks: 521
Thanked 366 Times in 237 Posts
Default

just checking in to see how you're doing today.........haven't forgotten about you. hopefully it's another day clean and sober! hope you're feeling better. how's your boyfriend doing?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-25-2012, 01:28 PM
diana1988's Avatar
diana1988 diana1988 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

[quote="D's baby"]just checking in to see how you're doing today.........haven't forgotten about you. hopefully it's another day clean and sober! hope you're feeling better. how's your boyfriend doing?[/QUOTE

Im good staying sober but still have withdraws feeling kinda sick. My bf is doing great much better then me he is still in rehab hopefully ill get to see him soon.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:01 AM
abbyhailey's Avatar
abbyhailey abbyhailey is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I've been sober for a year off heroin, and I used it for 5 years before that.... If you have any questions or need support private message me. I had many failed attempts at getting sober, but grateful I finally have a handle on it & my life has turned around. Luckily for you, you have been able to be sober for a couple weeks
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:48 AM
diana1988's Avatar
diana1988 diana1988 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Oh wow thats good that u've been sober for that long good job. How long does heroin withdrawls last?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-26-2012, 09:00 AM
abbyhailey's Avatar
abbyhailey abbyhailey is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Thanks & for me the real withdrawal part last 2 1/2 weeks but for a month I still had dilated pupils & the hot & cold sweats. It's very in comfortable to say the least but, after a month I physically felt better but the obsession to get high again lasted 2 1/2 months give or take.....so for me it was a drawn out process & I was told because I was on it for so many years....so maybe since you weren't on it for an extremely long time it'll start to ease up sooner, hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-26-2012, 05:48 PM
D's baby D's baby is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ma, USA
Posts: 515
Thanks: 521
Thanked 366 Times in 237 Posts
Default

just checking in to see how you are......meant to yesterday but didn't......hope everything is going ok........just think.....another day clean! keep us posted
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to D's baby For This Useful Post:
Doll Eyes (04-26-2012)
  #24  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:31 PM
D's baby D's baby is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ma, USA
Posts: 515
Thanks: 521
Thanked 366 Times in 237 Posts
Default

haven't seen you on here in a few days,,,,,,,i hope everything is ok honey,,,,,still thinking of you and hoping everything works out for you..........
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-30-2012, 04:37 PM
diana1988's Avatar
diana1988 diana1988 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Thanx everything is great but i still have a hard time falling asleep cuz of my withdraws hopefully after a week or two my withdraws will go away
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:28 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2013 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics