Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > CANADA PRISON FORUMS > Canada Prison Profiles > Canada Prison Profiles -Central Canada Region
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Canada Prison Profiles -Central Canada Region Ontario, Quebec - General discussion forum for prisons in Central Canada. Please feel free to ask questions, make suggestions and share information.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:43 PM

Default Question on Mimico jail

Does anyone know if Mimico is only used for weekenders and people waiting for trial. Do they have inmates at Mimico who are serving 6-18 months of sentence. Any info is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahin View Post
Does anyone know if Mimico is only used for weekenders and people waiting for trial. Do they have inmates at Mimico who are serving 6-18 months of sentence. Any info is appreciated.
Does anyone have info please on Mimico
Old 12-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Banned

It used to have weekenders,I think thee max time is 6 months that one can do!It used to be that way. You should call them! They had been doing weekenders there,you should call, Have a good one!
Old 12-23-2011, 04:48 AM

only people who live there are workers and such, everyone else is intermittent
Old 12-23-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP-for-Life View Post
only people who live there are workers and such, everyone else is intermittent
Thanks. Can I please ask you --what do you mean by workers. I will be sentenced for a white coller crime. Can I spend my time in Mimico for 3-6 months.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:56 PM

I’m not a Mimico expert but I believe it’s only weekenders now. If you get 90 days or less, you can ask to have it served intermittent. And depending on where you live, Mimico is a definite possibility over 90 days is always consecutive. I served 30 days intermittent a while ago and had to do it CECC simply because I’m in Durham region. Serving weekend at Mimico is about as easy as it gets. Also, if you get 90 days intermittent, after a couple weekend you likely can get into the IWCP (Intermittent community works program). Meaning you do community service on weekends instead of jail. You need to apply for this at the jail after you are sentenced. Good luck. You will get through it.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:26 AM

My husband was moved from the don jail to Mimico to serve a sentence of 2 years less a day. Being sent to mimico with the lengthy sentence is rare. He was out after serving 5 months and is presently on parole. By the time he left there were still weekenders however, the number of inmates serving their full sentence was decreasing rapidly - I don't believe they were accepting anymore inmates due to the opening of the new jail across the street. If my husband was still incarcerated in mimico, it was stated that he would be moving to another jail. Hope this helps.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:36 PM

I am serving in Mimico (now Called the Toronto Intermittent Center) right now. It seems to be only weekenders (never met any others). If you keep your nose clean, its easy time, there is TV, you have access to your bunk all the day/night so you can sleep when you want. There are playing cards, a selection of books, and you can bring in your own book (softcover). Most of the inmates are not 'looking-for-trouble' and just want to quietly do their time (those few that are not, go to isolation quickly). Guards (mostly) are very easy-going and can even be friendly if given respect. Hope this helps anyone going in that may have worries.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:03 PM

Default Info on Mimico

Weekends at Mimico is easy, soft time. Everyone is chill and they bring in weed, pills, coke and tobacco, not my thing, but there was lots of it. basically you are in a range with like 60 other guys, with steel bunkbeds, and a separate room off the side with two phones and a TV with benches. There are always playing cards, and you can call in a book to bring in with you every weekend, this passes the time very well and most people don't fuck with you, because they don't want more weekends as a result of misconducts or end up in the hole. The CO's are pretty chill if you don't fuck with them or give them lip or attitude. The food is terrible, but you learn to adjust. Hey, it sucks, but you're lucky because you're in friday and out Monday, or in saturday out sunday. You can still work and keep a job and have a life.

There is one big 'but', I served my time right before the superjail was opened right next door, and I heard that things would change when everyone was moved over there, big changes, like two to a cell, and no ranges, smoke detectors in every cell and the CO in the middle of being surrounded by all the cells to better supervise, effectively rendering smoking and contraband impossible to use. But at least you can still get drunk before you go in, just don't cause shit if you do, just do your 'slap on the wrist' easy time, and keep your head down till it's over, it goes by quick.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Superjail ... changes .... two to a cell...

Noting like those changes YET (as of last weekend)... but they did stop us bringing in our own books .... still 40 guys to a range... its getting overcrowded thought, not uncommon to have 3 four, five guys sleeping on the floor (on a mattress) on a Saturday night. Only 10 weekends left for me, so maybe I'll miss this be "shake up".

Deejay1701 ...when do you hear of this happening? And for weekenders?

Last edited by AurtherHailey; 04-25-2012 at 06:53 PM..
Old 04-28-2012, 11:13 AM

Default Donnacona

Sorry I am here looking for any info on Donnacona as my finace has been transfered there just this week. It was a very sudden move as we weren't nor him awareof this move and was wondering what the place is like visits etc, as I am in Ontario and will be hoping to visit him in the very near future does anyone have info on places to stay anything at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and hope everyone is continuing to stay strong and true and of course supportive to our loved ones inside.

Irishroots