Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Unit Specific Forums > Robertson Prison Unit - Texas
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 08:23 PM

Default Dress code for visitation at Robertson Unit Texas Prison

hi i am visiting my friend in this unit and i know how strict their dress code policy is... can anyone tell me what they know and have seen pass the dress code, such as leggings?? high heels?? anything feminine?

im afraid ill have to go to a convent to find something they wont reject
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabaldwin View Post
hi i am visiting my friend in this unit and i know how strict their dress code policy is... can anyone tell me what they know and have seen pass the dress code, such as leggings?? high heels?? anything feminine?

im afraid ill have to go to a convent to find something they wont reject
Well you can wear capris no tank tops or don't let you shirt be to lowcut you can wear flipflops I love that. and no rips in you jeans no leggings spandex you can wear high heels.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:03 PM

wait i cant wear cotton leggings?? even if i wear a long shirt??

im totally wearing heels.. its the first time im seeing my man gotta represent HAHA.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabaldwin
wait i cant wear cotton leggings?? even if i wear a long shirt??

im totally wearing heels.. its the first time im seeing my man gotta represent HAHA.
You can try to wear leggings, but best bet is to bring a change of pants just in case, because they may not let you in. I have seen some be let in and they were wearing cotton, but when i tried to wear cotton material workout pants, they did not let me in. Every unit and/or CO is different on their rules and stuff, which things should be the same and has led to a big disussion on why they aren't the same in the General Prison Talk Forum.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:06 PM

It depends on the leggings and the person wearing them. If they are remotely see-through, or if they are skin-tight and you can see every little bump or muscle flex through the fabric, you probably won't get in. Shirts must have cap sleeves. If your shirt is see-through, the shirt underneath must have cap sleeves. If your shirt is too low or falls off of your shoulder, or shows your belly, you will not get in. Capri pants have to hit 3 inches below the knee cap. In the 18 years I've been going out there, I've never seen them mess with women wearing heels or open toed shoes. You can look sexy and still follow their dress code. Remember, these guys working there are being watched on camera by the warden on duty each weekend, they are just doing their job. If you were to get seen in the visitation area dressed inappropiately, it comes back on them. As for me, it's just not worth it to go up there and risk being sent away to change clothes. I go there 50 weekends a year for 18 years now. If you do turned away because of dress, it's embarrassing and it's your fault. During weekends of colder seasons or rainy weekends, you can wait up to an hour and longer to get in for visit. Sometimes when a person get sent away for dress, it holds up the line that people may have be waiting in for a long time. If you don't have other clothes with you, too bad- you have to go to Wal-mart and buy something or go home. If you get turned down because of your clothing and you have to undress in order to change your inappropriate clothes, they will make you drive out of the unit and go to the hospitality house down the road to change, and you'll have to go through the whole car search again, then wait in line at check in again. I just feel it's more important to get in there and see my guy than to push the dress code and taking so long to finally get in. Once on a crowded winter weekend, we waited an hour and 40 minutes to get in, and a lady in front of me got sent away because she had on a sleeveless top. She had driven a long way to get there, had already waited all of that time to get in, and they wouldn't let her enter. By the time she could have gotten to Wal-mart and back, waiting in the lines again, visitation would have been over. She was not happy.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:56 PM

im also curious as to physical contact on a visit. am i allowed to hug or kiss my man? i mean obviously you cant be making out or anything like that but i mean.. i miss him! are they understanding towards our situations?? or is there no fine line??
Old 04-27-2012, 07:02 PM

ive never visited this facility.. am i allowed to sit next to him? (ive been approved a contact visit)... whats protocol. in an ideal world id like to get away with as much as possible since i dont know when ill be able to see him again lol
Old 04-27-2012, 09:34 PM

You will get one brief embrace and one brief kiss, then you are required to part and sit on opposite sides of the table. They are strict about which side the inmate can sit on, and which side the visitor sits on, so when you go to your table to wait, notice the pattern and sit accordingly - inmates backs point toward each other. If in doubt, just ask the officer on duty, they are really very sweet at visit (not all of the wardens - but the officers are nice) You can reach across and hold hands throughout the visit. It really depends on which warden is working that weekend as to what will be allowed. This weekend, it is Warden Adcocks. He is a teddy bear of a guy, nice man, just kind of let's visitation run itself. You follow the rules - he won't mess with you. On the weekends that Warden Leow (not sure of that spelling) is there, it's crazy and scary. He is a psychopath. He hides and tries to catch you doing something, then sends his underlings in to discipline you. He will take an embrace that lasts a little too long, and try to write the inmate a case for it, or terminate your visit. He has a very bad case of "little man syndrome" and loves his power. He is a miserable excuse for a human being- even the officers hate him. I asked one officer why he behaved the way he does, why he picks on inmates so much and why he bullies couples at visitation etc., she said "he's a miserable lonely person, has no one to share his life with and he's jealous when he sees an inmate who is happily married, especially if the woman is attractive, so he takes his misery out on them." I don't mean to scare you. Like I said, the officers at visitation are exceptionally nice and helpful. They will do their jobs if you try to push the rules, but if you do your best to comply, they will do their best to treat you with respect.