Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:17 PM

Default Average Release Time After TPM?

Hi, everyone! My fiance' has been incarcerated with the GDC since 2010 and became parole eligible April of 2011, but was finally issued a TPM of March 31, 2012 in mid-March. I have been regularly checking with parole to see if they issue him an actual release date, but nothing yet. His local parole officer sent his residence verification & stuff into the main office toward the end of March & he has completed all the classes they are suppose to complete before release. And the lady I spoke with yesterday looked at his file & said she didn't see anything in his file that should be delaying his release. My question is does anyone know once the TPM has been reached & everything required is completed how long it actually takes for a release date? It seems like it is taking so long to get my love home & his son misses him so much! Thanks in advance for any info.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 08:58 AM
Only luv is REAL!!!

So are you saying the parole office has already done your residence verification??? If so when did that happen since he just got his tpm in march? Cause we are still waiting for verification. I was told after verification they have a release date roughly 2 weeks after that.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:06 AM

Yes, the day we found out he had been given a tpm I called and talked to his counselor & he suggested that I call the local parole office to see if his residence has been verified yet cause the local office handles that. So I called them & they put me on the phone with the man that will be his parole officer once he's home & all he did was ask me if the address he had there in the file was where he was still going to parole out to & ask if we understood the amount he had to pay in restitution each month & I said yes. Then he said that completed the verification & he would submit it to the main office that day. And now Atlanta said yes, they have received it but they are just waiting on the parole board to issue his release date. So it has now been about 4 weeks since they verified his residence.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Only luv is REAL!!!

Wow lucky you...they told me he would not be assigned an officer until he gets out and they would not even confirm that they received his file. Very frustrating to say the least...It sounds like you have nothing to worry about and your fiance will have a release date real soon.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:45 AM

I hope so. Some days I get frustrated when I call cause I will get a person who doesn't want to tell me anything and then other days I get lucky & get someone who will be friendly & really look into it. I hope he will be home soon. And I hope you find out something soon as well!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Only luv is REAL!!!

Thanks :-) Best of luck let me know when you get a date, I hope to update soon that they have done the residence verification :-)
Old 04-27-2012, 12:49 PM

Thank you, I will! Hopefully it will be soon for you! When is his tpm?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Only luv is REAL!!!

March 2012... counselor told him they gave him that tpm on march 31, 2012... sooooo they are obviously behind but what's new...lol
Old 04-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Only luv is REAL!!!

He has done almost four years and we are beyond ready....just wish the parole office would tell me something not knowing is the worst part. I just want to make sure they have the file cause they are supposed to have it already for two weeks now and we have heard nothing.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:50 PM

I know how frustrating it is waiting. I was lucky today & got someone at the main parole office who was friendly & actually gave me more info. She told me that the board has his file now & they are looking it over to be able to issue his release date because he got a disciplinary report Feb 2011 (just something minor, a small altercation with another inmate) and when they have one on file, they have to look it over to make sure he didn't do anything that would cause his sentence to be extended before the actually give a release date. But out of all the people I've spoken with, she is the first to tell me anything about that. But she told me to keep my head up, that it should be very soon & that it's a very positive thing that his file is before the board now.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Only luv is REAL!!!

Well that's definitely good news :-) Imma call the local parole office again on Monday hopefully I can find out if they have his file for address verification...it has to happen sometime soon!!! We shall see....
Old 04-27-2012, 04:05 PM

Best of luck, girl! Keep us posted!