Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:52 PM

Default Please help - He was sentenced in Nov., still in County and no release date

my boyfriend was arrested on august 22 and sentenced november 11 with 4 yeas state prison time but were not sure if he got half time or 80% and now it is almosy may and he is still sitting in county jail with no release date so if anyone could help me as is how i can find out what is going on or if there is anyone i can cal would greatly apresiate any help thank you so much
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2012, 03:20 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,668 Times in 1,089 Posts

Did he have a lawyer? As they should know and if they don't they should at least know how to find out
Old 04-26-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortybaby52491 View Post
my boyfriend was arrested on august 22 and sentenced november 11 with 4 yeas state prison time but were not sure if he got half time or 80% and now it is almosy may and he is still sitting in county jail with no release date so if anyone could help me as is how i can find out what is going on or if there is anyone i can cal would greatly apresiate any help thank you so much

If he did have a lawyer you could call his lawyer to try and find that information out. If that isn't working then you could call the courthouse I'm sure and talk to the clerk there and see if they can give you any information. He should have gotten credit for the time he's served before he was sentenced. It takes a little time at some places for them to get processed into another facility. I hope you're able to find out soon. I know you want to know that there is "light at the end"...and a release date helps that. Good luck to you!!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:07 AM

Call the clerk to make sure the sentencing documents were properly sent to the corrections department. It sounds like there had berm some sort of miscommunication between the court and the DOC.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,203 Posts

go to the criminal window at the courthouse and request a minute order from the case. That will tell you everything you need to know.