Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jails > Arizona State Prison - Marana (MTCCF)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Arizona State Prison - Marana (MTCCF) Topics and discussion specific to ASP - Marana (MTCCF) in Marana, Arizona.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:12 AM
Arielle Nissen

Exclamation Man just moved there, what to expect???

So my fiance was finally transferred out of Alhambra to Marana! I was wondering what the general conditions are, what you can send and can't send in the mail, how many pictures they can get etc. and just a generalization of what to expect in the coming months. He is sentenced to 2 1/2 years
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2012, 07:17 AM

My honey says marana is a pretty mellow place. Small minimum security facility (apx 506 ppl) all people with substance abuse issues. It's a cctf (treatment facility) - so they are required to attend treatment program classes to move to the next "mod" and gain more privilages. It's one of the better facilities he could have been sent to (or so I gather from the posts here).

DOC rules and regulations can be pretty hard to navigate especially when it comes to mailing. It really just depends on what you want to send. They are more strict about some stuff than others - keep in mind all thier mail is screened so there is no privacy!! On the doc website they have an imate hanbook you can read. (let me know if you need the link). They have a limit of 24 pictures - but he'll probably have to ask around to see if they enforce it.

As for what to expect that's a little more difficult. I suppose the thing that most people exprience is a ton of questions and hard to find answers. PTO is a great place to find/ask questions ... and get support too. Other than that everyone goes through this in thier own way . no rights / no wrongs. Mine had 2.0 - it can be very overwhelming.
The Following User Says Thank You to LadeeInWaiting For This Useful Post:
ariellenissen (04-26-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Arielle Nissen

Thank you so much for all the information! if you could put the link for that I'd really appreciate it! And with this whole 25 photos thing, are they able to like, dispose of some if I send new ones in? Or will they just automatically discard them after they're up to 25?
Old 04-27-2012, 06:19 AM

heres the main link : http://www.azcorrections.gov/Prisca_Inmate_Index.aspx (bottom right side page has some links about mail, phone, property. The botton middle has link to handbook. (OOPS the photo stuff is in listed on the property link and it is 30 not 24 - sorry about that -page 38 ).

They can just throw what they dont want .
Old 05-11-2012, 04:15 PM

Marana is pretty quiet most of the time...I've been going there every weekend for over a year now.

It is minimum security, but seems like each of the yards has it's own "personality" so-to-speak. Classes will be assigned whether they are needed or not, and in many of them they simply watch movies. Domestic violence classes for folks with no domestic violence history, parenting classes for folks with no kids, substance abuse classes for folks who have no substance abuse history...I guess it is something to pass the time, and they have to do something to earn their money (the prison, I mean).

For some reason the kitchen seems to forget how many inmates there are on a fairly regular basis, and they run out of food...but usually the folks that are in last end up with a better meal than the one's who get what's on the menu. Just a little something to keep in mind, LOL!

Lots of handball, basketball and horseshoes being played and at least the guys aren't locked up inside all day, so that is good.

Feel free to ask if you've got any specific questions.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:28 PM

Anyone know where online I can find the commissary list for a Phase ! inmate at Marana? Also do you know if the family can order from it and have things sent to our son?