Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia DOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Georgia DOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the system should be posted here.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Ashmari3

Default Transition centers?

Can anyone please tell me anything and everything? Who is chosen? Any people who wouldnt be considered? How do the passes work? I read what was on the gdoc website but not the things i was wanting to know.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:26 PM

1. Your loved one can request to go to a transition center, not all requests can be honored due to certain restrictions (time left on sentence, crime etc)
2. The warden at their current camp can recommend someone go to a transition center
3. Parole Board can send a person there as a part of their transition out of prison (usually people with TPMs within a nine month range)

My only first hand knowledge of a transition center is Coastal Transitional in Savannah. The first 30 days they can have visitors and are restricted to DOC jumpsuits. After that they can wear street clothes. They are allowed a courtesy pass for six hours to leave and go with their families. Very strict as to where they can go. After that they are supposed to have a job in order to have passes. The center tries to help them find jobs but the market is not good. They do have some companies that contract with DOC to employ our men but even that is not guaranteed. My husband has about 30 more days there (God willing). If you have specific questions, I will try to answer but that is about the gist of it.

Cyn

-Sai Baba
The Following User Says Thank You to eeniaLorr For This Useful Post:
Mommy0508 (06-27-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Ashmari3

Actually that helps a lot! Thanks
Old 04-28-2012, 09:50 AM

Default riverbend prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeniaLorr View Post
1. Your loved one can request to go to a transition center, not all requests can be honored due to certain restrictions (time left on sentence, crime etc)
2. The warden at their current camp can recommend someone go to a transition center
3. Parole Board can send a person there as a part of their transition out of prison (usually people with TPMs within a nine month range)

My only first hand knowledge of a transition center is Coastal Transitional in Savannah. The first 30 days they can have visitors and are restricted to DOC jumpsuits. After that they can wear street clothes. They are allowed a courtesy pass for six hours to leave and go with their families. Very strict as to where they can go. After that they are supposed to have a job in order to have passes. The center tries to help them find jobs but the market is not good. They do have some companies that contract with DOC to employ our men but even that is not guaranteed. My husband has about 30 more days there (God willing). If you have specific questions, I will try to answer but that is about the gist of it.

Cyn
Hi everyone my son has been transferred to riverbend corrections can anyone give me information on this prison i have not spoken to him in week he was at longstate for two weeks then he went to riverbend camp. not sure where this is. thanks to you all with any information