Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Tennessee Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Tennessee prisons.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-26-2012, 03:57 PM
D's lady's Avatar
D's lady D's lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 27 Posts
Default Mccx

My fiancé was sent to MCCX last night. I don't know how this works. All the guy could tell me is that he is in classification (whatever that is) and he can't call me for 60 days!!!!!!!! I don't even know if I can visit because I'm not "immediate family" we have two children and we need to see him if we can't talk to him. Please someone tell me what to do

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-26-2012, 04:46 PM
sartainme's Avatar
sartainme sartainme is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tennessee US
Posts: 52
Thanks: 21
Thanked 15 Times in 6 Posts
Default

my bf was there about 8 months ago for classification! it took about 30 days & yeahh they cant tlk on the phone until they are classified. it sucks! all you can do really is wait for him to write you.. & im not sure about the visiting part i would look on tdoc & see what it says cuz i forgot what it said about that. what part of tn are you from? cuz were from east tn & they sent mine all the way west! almost in nashville :/ ohh yeahh & classification is just something they send inmated to to see what prison they should permanently be placed in. so it could be mccx or another! you nor he will know for a little while though! it's all just a waiting game! good luck girl! message me if you got any ?s. ill try to help you out since were both from tn (:
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-26-2012, 04:47 PM
sartainme's Avatar
sartainme sartainme is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tennessee US
Posts: 52
Thanks: 21
Thanked 15 Times in 6 Posts
Default

** almost in memphis! not nashville. lol
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-26-2012, 06:12 PM
D's lady's Avatar
D's lady D's lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sartainme
my bf was there about 8 months ago for classification! it took about 30 days & yeahh they cant tlk on the phone until they are classified. it sucks! all you can do really is wait for him to write you.. & im not sure about the visiting part i would look on tdoc & see what it says cuz i forgot what it said about that. what part of tn are you from? cuz were from east tn & they sent mine all the way west! almost in nashville :/ ohh yeahh & classification is just something they send inmated to to see what prison they should permanently be placed in. so it could be mccx or another! you nor he will know for a little while though! it's all just a waiting game! good luck girl! message me if you got any ?s. ill try to help you out since were both from tn (:
I'm from Sevierville. He was actually able to call me. I was so excited!!! I'm hoping he stays there. He said he won't know until he talks to a counselor. He has a court date in another county. I hope I can get it put off because it will mess up his classification. Where are you from?

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-28-2012, 06:06 PM
sartainme's Avatar
sartainme sartainme is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tennessee US
Posts: 52
Thanks: 21
Thanked 15 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's lady View Post
I'm from Sevierville. He was actually able to call me. I was so excited!!! I'm hoping he stays there. He said he won't know until he talks to a counselor. He has a court date in another county. I hope I can get it put off because it will mess up his classification. Where are you from?

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

wow were close! i just moved from Kodak to Morristown. i go to school in knox though! thats great that he got to call you!!! & yes hopefully he gets to stay there cuz it sucks when they are foreverrr away lol cuz gas is expensive to get to & from visit's!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:34 PM
D's lady's Avatar
D's lady D's lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sartainme

wow were close! i just moved from Kodak to Morristown. i go to school in knox though! thats great that he got to call you!!! & yes hopefully he gets to stay there cuz it sucks when they are foreverrr away lol cuz gas is expensive to get to & from visit's!
Where was he moved?

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:49 PM
katnchris katnchris is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SC usa
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Mccx

Mine was sent there on wednesday of this week. He finally got to call me last night but he is being classified also that can take up to 60 to 90 days... I know how your feeling. me and chris are not married either... I called the place because it had been two days since he was moved its a hassle really. I am new at all this never been with anyone who has got in trouble. I have a baby boy on the way due in August... Will he be able to see this child. I dont know anything that could help me out with the info on this correctional complex in morgan please let me know I know nothing really...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-29-2012, 12:19 AM
sartainme's Avatar
sartainme sartainme is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tennessee US
Posts: 52
Thanks: 21
Thanked 15 Times in 6 Posts
Default

He got moved to turney center! its about 45 mins outside of Nashville!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-29-2012, 04:50 AM
rosfriend rosfriend is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: na
Posts: 667
Thanks: 157
Thanked 151 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnchris View Post
Mine was sent there on wednesday of this week. He finally got to call me last night but he is being classified also that can take up to 60 to 90 days... I know how your feeling. me and chris are not married either... I called the place because it had been two days since he was moved its a hassle really. I am new at all this never been with anyone who has got in trouble. I have a baby boy on the way due in August... Will he be able to see this child. I dont know anything that could help me out with the info on this correctional complex in morgan please let me know I know nothing really...
It's not that hard, girl, but it's scary sometimes.
Until you figure out that it's not that scary at all.
Yes, he will be able to see the baby. You'll have to fill out visiting apps for both yourself and the baby. Once the baby is born, that is.
He can either send them to you, or you can get them online at the TDOC web site.
ROS
Congrats on the little one.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-29-2012, 06:15 AM
D's lady's Avatar
D's lady D's lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnchris
Mine was sent there on wednesday of this week. He finally got to call me last night but he is being classified also that can take up to 60 to 90 days... I know how your feeling. me and chris are not married either... I called the place because it had been two days since he was moved its a hassle really. I am new at all this never been with anyone who has got in trouble. I have a baby boy on the way due in August... Will he be able to see this child. I dont know anything that could help me out with the info on this correctional complex in morgan please let me know I know nothing really...
http://www.tn.gov/correction/pdf/visitationform.pdf

This is the link to the visitation form. Once the baby is born, you will fill out the second page and have it notarized. Try and have him put on the birth certificate. I don't have to show the jail the birth certificates of my kids since they have their fathers last name. We aren't married though, so I am not immediate family and I can't visit until I get this junk filled out and mailed in. You also have to include a recent picture of yourself (on the visitation form)

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-29-2012, 06:23 AM
D's lady's Avatar
D's lady D's lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sartainme
He got moved to turney center! its about 45 mins outside of Nashville!
See, that's what worries me! I DO NOT want him sent out west. I have heard so many bad things about WTSP and a few of the others. I was told that they have to be in gangs to survive. My guy wants nothing to do with gang affiliation. He just wants to do his time, finish his associate degree and come back home. He likes the programs at MCCX and wants to get into the boot camp. You would think that they would keep our men close to their home. They say it's important to keep that family bond, yet they move some of these men 8 hours away!

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-29-2012, 07:41 AM
sartainme's Avatar
sartainme sartainme is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tennessee US
Posts: 52
Thanks: 21
Thanked 15 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's lady View Post
See, that's what worries me! I DO NOT want him sent out west. I have heard so many bad things about WTSP and a few of the others. I was told that they have to be in gangs to survive. My guy wants nothing to do with gang affiliation. He just wants to do his time, finish his associate degree and come back home. He likes the programs at MCCX and wants to get into the boot camp. You would think that they would keep our men close to their home. They say it's important to keep that family bond, yet they move some of these men 8 hours away!

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

I know i couldn't agree more! I don't understand at ALL why they send them far away! & it's hard esp. if you have kids together! Cause if they were closer you'd be able to visit more! I have a friend & her bf is doing the boot camp thing at mccx & it's been really good for him! The worst thing though is to get your hopes up about him not being moved to far away then he is.! So as im sure you already know by now just try to expect the worst & hope for the best!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-29-2012, 07:19 PM
rosfriend rosfriend is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: na
Posts: 667
Thanks: 157
Thanked 151 Times in 120 Posts
Default

I personally think that any and every prison in Tennessee is a cake walk compared to Special Needs. That place is hell, in the rawest form. I wouldn't want my dog in that place.
ROS
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-30-2012, 07:49 AM
D's lady's Avatar
D's lady D's lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosfriend
I personally think that any and every prison in Tennessee is a cake walk compared to Special Needs. That place is hell, in the rawest form. I wouldn't want my dog in that place.
ROS
What's that?

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-30-2012, 08:13 AM
rosfriend rosfriend is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: na
Posts: 667
Thanks: 157
Thanked 151 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's lady View Post
What's that?

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
In a nut shell? It's where they take them for medical care that they can't deal with at the specific prison that they're located in.
Or...if you prefer, in MY mind, it's where they take them to rip out all their teeth and not give them pain meds afterward, or cut off limbs, or generally just butcher them at will.
IMHO, of course.
ROS
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-30-2012, 09:08 PM
D's lady's Avatar
D's lady D's lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosfriend

In a nut shell? It's where they take them for medical care that they can't deal with at the specific prison that they're located in.
Or...if you prefer, in MY mind, it's where they take them to rip out all their teeth and not give them pain meds afterward, or cut off limbs, or generally just butcher them at will.
IMHO, of course.
ROS
My guy is having his teeth pulled for dentures

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-30-2012, 09:48 PM
rosfriend rosfriend is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: na
Posts: 667
Thanks: 157
Thanked 151 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's lady View Post
My guy is having his teeth pulled for dentures

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
I wish him good luck. He's going to need it.
ROS
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-05-2012, 04:11 PM
D's lady's Avatar
D's lady D's lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Does anyone know if PED changes? Or is the date it's showing stay the same?

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-05-2012, 06:49 PM
rosfriend rosfriend is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: na
Posts: 667
Thanks: 157
Thanked 151 Times in 120 Posts
Default

The two dates you're talking about, the PED and the SED are two different things.
The PED will change as the same rate as the SED.
Once he gets his first parole hearing, if he's not released then, the PED will no longer change, but the SED will continue to.
PED, the Parole Eligibility Date, is the date of his first parole hearing. Once that's come and gone it no longer 'moves' with good time.
The SED, Sentence End Date, continues to move so long as he's incarcerated.
I know that doesn't seem to make any sense. But it does. LOL
ROS
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-05-2012, 07:27 PM
D's lady's Avatar
D's lady D's lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Ok, so his PED could be moved up? He was put on FOIL last week. His PED is 5-31-2014 and SED is 4-3-2024......but they don't seem to be including the 5 months he spent in county jail (before he did the plea)

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-06-2012, 04:09 AM
rosfriend rosfriend is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: na
Posts: 667
Thanks: 157
Thanked 151 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's lady View Post
Ok, so his PED could be moved up? He was put on FOIL last week. His PED is 5-31-2014 and SED is 4-3-2024......but they don't seem to be including the 5 months he spent in county jail (before he did the plea)

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
They might not have given him a deal where he gets credit for that time served in county. Everywhere is different. Some places will give time and a half for all time served before sentence. Some places won't, or don't.
It might even be completely up to what kind of deal they make, or the state law. Did he say that he was supposed to get any kind of credit for that five months?
ROS
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-06-2012, 04:10 AM
rosfriend rosfriend is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: na
Posts: 667
Thanks: 157
Thanked 151 Times in 120 Posts
Default

PS...you can't rely on FOIL to know what the right dates are. It is not always accurate. They will give him a sheet showing the actual dates, that is the info you should go on, not FOIL.
ROS
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-06-2012, 12:27 PM
D's lady's Avatar
D's lady D's lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Yes I hired a private attorney and he said he would get credit for the time he spent in jail....i just hope TDOC does everything correctly

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-08-2012, 02:38 AM
rosfriend rosfriend is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: na
Posts: 667
Thanks: 157
Thanked 151 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's lady View Post
Yes I hired a private attorney and he said he would get credit for the time he spent in jail....i just hope TDOC does everything correctly

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
I hope so too. He will find out for sure when he gets his sheet showing his time.
ROS
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-14-2012, 06:38 PM
SunMoon99 SunMoon99 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosfriend View Post
I personally think that any and every prison in Tennessee is a cake walk compared to Special Needs. That place is hell, in the rawest form. I wouldn't want my dog in that place.
ROS
My brother my be place at lois deberry is thats what yout talking about. It that a bad place to be.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:39 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2013 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics