Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Siblings of Inmates
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Siblings of Inmates For brothers and sisters of prisoners

Old 04-26-2012, 03:24 PM

Default Still not a word!!!!

Not from the Public defense or from anybody about my brothers future, I hope someone could tell me....My brother was arrested on drug traffic charges on Feb 12 2012 and I have not even seen him in 12 years, but then 2 weeks ago they called me and told me he is in Hudson Correctional in New Jersey and I am like what???????????? I thought he was in Colombia taking care of his new son, so for some reason he got involve with some bad people and now he is in jail...can someone read my story and give me some advice. I cant even send my brother my address or my number because I am applying for Citizenship..I live in this Country for the last 12 years and my parents are American citizens.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2012, 11:01 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,080 Times in 10,505 Posts

Im a bit unclear on what your saying.
Who called you?
Assuming your parents?

As far as writing, I would think you can write him. Not sure of the state that he's incarcerated in and all but you might be able to call the facility and check see if he's there, and what his address is. Or maybe your folks know it. Then you can write him. I dont think anyone cares if your a citizen or not.
I am sure he would love to hear from you if you can get his address.

oops add:
if your brother has a public defender,(or personal attny) they wont tell you anything. Its in your brothers interests that they do not discuss the case with you or anyone else for that matter.

There is a nap for that

Last edited by sidewalker; 04-29-2012 at 11:03 AM..
Old 04-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Banned

Only advice would be to stick around and wait.
A verdict will be made, believe that.
How long, what will happen, all that and more we do not now. If things were up to us, our guys would be at home with us.
Does he have a lawyer? If not, maybe it's worth hiring a good one to fight for him.

Other than that, just wait to see what happens. It is no longer in his hands. Same cases take months, some even a couple years. Mean while he is getting time served anyways, so it will count towards his sentence no matter what.

You can get a PO box or maybe use someone else address? I suggest you get a PO box that way if you feel uncomfortable using your own, you can still write him. But regardless being a non citizen and sending an innate mail shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't discuss more illegal activities...

Last edited by Frog88; 04-29-2012 at 11:12 AM..
Old 04-29-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imissnancho View Post
Not from the Public defense or from anybody about my brothers future, I hope someone could tell me....My brother was arrested on drug traffic charges on Feb 12 2012 and I have not even seen him in 12 years, but then 2 weeks ago they called me and told me he is in Hudson Correctional in New Jersey and I am like what???????????? I thought he was in Colombia taking care of his new son, so for some reason he got involve with some bad people and now he is in jail...can someone read my story and give me some advice. I cant even send my brother my address or my number because I am applying for Citizenship..I live in this Country for the last 12 years and my parents are American citizens.

my brother did time and I was so scared (he is out now) so I can relate as he and I a very close.

They watch drug transactions very carefully and if they thought you had anything to do with it they would have already been at your door.

In order to legally make the charges stick they have to have so much documentation so, when you ask to visit they will check to see if you had anything to do with it. But since you were not even in contact with him during that time I am sure they will know you were not connected.

My friend who's ex went to prison for drugs, had them ransack her stuff thinking that she was some how involved with her ex's doings.

Days after they did this to her, her ex was arrested. she had picked up their children just in time.. She had a suspicious he was doing that. he said No but she was right.

Anyway, later she took their kids to go see him in prison with no problems even thought they did suspect she was involved once they realized she was NOT they left her alone and like I said even let her take the kids to go visit him.

I hope things get better..
Old 04-29-2012, 12:49 PM

Oh, I forgot to say, that same friend is a legal resident.

Are the rules different for legal residents for different prisons? I did not hear that visiting could jeopardize citizenship, there are free online immigration lawyers who you can immigrationlawhelp.org I THINK? google FREE immigration lawyers or immigration on line help.