Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Sierra Conservation Center (SCC), located in Jamestown, California.

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 10:39 AM

Thanked 1,836 Times in 1,056 Posts
Default 2012 SCC Visiting Question & Info Thread

Here is your thread for 2012 Visiting.

Please do not post any questions about lockdowns, phones or general chit chat. Please keep this thread just for visiting as all other things will be moved to the proper thread.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2011, 04:23 PM

Default Any ladies with a guy at Sierra Conservation Camp?

Hey girls I'm really new to the prison scene. First man I ever been with that landed in prison. What is Sierra like? Is it nice as far as visits go? Planning to take our daughter to visit on his birthday in march. Will be his first time seeing her in person. He was trying to get fire camp but he said he didn't. He is being released in or just before summer 2012 do you guys think that's why he couldn't get it? He put in when he was at nksp.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:05 PM

Hi Ladies,, I planning on visiting soon..So Im starting to shop for my visit.. Please let me know what I can wear ? Black jeans? Please help me...How about tights with long sweater? Also kids can they wear anything?
Old 02-22-2012, 11:20 PM

Thanked 2,649 Times in 1,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vero3 View Post
Hi Ladies,, I planning on visiting soon..So Im starting to shop for my visit.. Please let me know what I can wear ? Black jeans? Please help me...How about tights with long sweater? Also kids can they wear anything?
They're pretty strict about dress code. No denim (any color), no V-necks, no leggings, skirts must be no more than 2 inches above the knee (no skirt slits), no tight fitting anything, no sheer garments, no spaghetti straps, no underwire bra, no metal on clothes. You can wear sweat pants + hoodie. I always wore all black.
Children are also held to the dress code. No white, orange, blue, khaki, camoflauge, green, denim, etc.
They're strict about the no contact rule. Be careful! You can bring in $30 in singles and quarters in a clear plastic purse plus your ID.
Hope that helps. Have a good visit!

Old 02-23-2012, 01:35 AM

Thanks so much....so helpful..does the sweats have to be loose? Can they be any brand..? Or just plan?..sorry to ask so much questions..Is ur hubby still there?
Old 02-23-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much....so helpful..does the sweats have to be loose? Can they be any brand..? Or just plan?..sorry to ask so much questions..Is ur hubby still there?

The sweats don't have to be crazy loose but they cannot be tight. Basically, if they hug your tush so nothing much is left to imagination you'll have to change. There are no brand limitations to my knowlege. I avoided anything with logos or designs on them becuase some prisons won't allow it. I wore plain black velvety sweats/hoodie and an all-black long sleeve t-shirt. Flip-flop shoes are a no-no.

Bring a change of clothes and leave it in your car, just in case. There is also a non-profit on the prison that provides clothes to change into if your duds won't do. The dress code sucks but it's worth seeing your LO. I mentioned to my man that I wished I was allowed to wear something nicer. He replied he felt the same way about his clothes. So, try not to stress too much.

My dude is now at Fire Camp. Thanks for asking.
Feel free to post as many questions as you wish.

The Following User Says Thank You to countryzgirl For This Useful Post:
vero3 (02-25-2012)
Old 02-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Coffee Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryzgirl View Post
They're pretty strict about dress code. No denim (any color), no V-necks, no leggings, skirts must be no more than 2 inches above the knee (no skirt slits), no tight fitting anything, no sheer garments, no spaghetti straps, no underwire bra, no metal on clothes. You can wear sweat pants + hoodie. I always wore all black.
Children are also held to the dress code. No white, orange, blue, khaki, camoflauge, green, denim, etc.
They're strict about the no contact rule. Be careful! You can bring in $30 in singles and quarters in a clear plastic purse plus your ID.
Hope that helps. Have a good visit!
I wear back denim in all the time. Any color denim is okay except blue so long as the jeans aren't really tight. You can wear grey here as well - grey sweats, grey slacks, etc.

Also, they raised the money limit a couple years back. Now each adult can take in $50 and each child $20.

Hope this helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Magnolia~ For This Useful Post:
countryzgirl (03-02-2012), Luizswife (02-27-2012)
Old 02-29-2012, 06:03 PM

Thanks so much ladies for ur info...im looking foward to my road trip this weekend with my boys to visit my hubby..we havent seen him in 4 mths (... I hope we have all the right clothes..it was hard shopping for the right outfits not to loose..not tight..omg..I think im going to open a clothing store for inmate family.lol..im so excited...cant wait.....wish me luck...
Old 03-04-2012, 08:32 AM

I had a wonderful visit...I stayed at the Country Inn..very nice,clean..The drive was also nice...The 6 hr drive was not that bad..Today is our last visit before I go back home :-(:-(..its so sad that I have to go home without him...And very hard for the kids..After along 4 mths without seen our love one..,its hurts to say bye...All the CO were also nice..thank god...
The Following User Says Thank You to vero3 For This Useful Post:
countryzgirl (03-06-2012)
Old 03-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Me&amp;YouForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by vero3
I had a wonderful visit...I stayed at the Country Inn..very nice,clean..The drive was also nice...The 6 hr drive was not that bad..Today is our last visit before I go back home :-(:-(..its so sad that I have to go home without him...And very hard for the kids..After along 4 mths without seen our love one..,it s hurts to say bye...All the CO were also nice..thank god...
Congratz girl.. Im glad u finally got to see ur husband

Old 03-05-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMyStomps<3 View Post
Congratz girl.. Im glad u finally got to see ur husband
Thanks Girl..I hope your hubby was moved close to you..?? have you seen him yet?
Old 03-06-2012, 12:30 AM

Quote:
I had a wonderful visit...I stayed at the Country Inn..very nice,clean..The drive was also nice...The 6 hr drive was not that bad..Today is our last visit before I go back home :-(:-(..its so sad that I have to go home without him...And very hard for the kids..After along 4 mths without seen our love one..,its hurts to say bye...All the CO were also nice..thank god...
I'm happy everything went smoothly. Yea!

Old 03-14-2012, 12:34 AM
Me&amp;YouForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by vero3

Thanks Girl..I hope your hubby was moved close to you..?? have you seen him yet?
Yes girl my hubby is closer to me now)... My visitation approval paperwork still needs to get there but I hope is soon... Hope ur hubby transfers fast too Goodluck

Old 03-21-2012, 01:39 PM

Hi Ladies, Can you please help with some information, My husband is being transferred to SCC today. My question is will I be able to visit him this weekend or does he have to go to orientation first before i can visit?
Old 03-25-2012, 06:58 PM

Hello ladies my sister in law is traveling seven hours to visit my bro she is bringing my 4 year old and 4 month old nephews and my 11year old niece. Any advice...... Can kids use black dickies???? Car seats??? What time should she b their? What to expect.... I want to help her make it as positively smooth for her and the kids as possible. One bad experience can and she might not want to go back.... Thanks ladies
Old 03-25-2012, 09:20 PM

My fiance jux got transferred to SCC. Heard they're always on lock-down? is this correct?
Old 03-29-2012, 12:55 AM

Regarding visiting...children should just wear black/gray to be safe..car seat will not be allow in..get there early by 8:00 am to a number to be one the first ones in..u could take a clear bag with pamper..wipes and bottles
Old 03-29-2012, 12:57 AM

My hubby has been there for 3 mths no lock down...he calls 2 twices a week....they do have a normal lock down..for a hr or day or so....but not for mths....
Old 04-10-2012, 02:48 PM

hello, my fiance just got transferred to SCC, if I have been approved to visit at another prison in CA, do I need to be approved again? and is there a way I can find out if the visit is contact or not of if I can even visit at all, please let me know!!!!! Thanks.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen71511 View Post
hello, my fiance just got transferred to SCC, if I have been approved to visit at another prison in CA, do I need to be approved again? and is there a way I can find out if the visit is contact or not of if I can even visit at all, please let me know!!!!! Thanks.

HI Carmen,, IF you already been approved in any other prison in Ca.. It will tfer with your Finace to SCC..you can call record they will provide you with his new location and yard information about contact visit or appt..
Old 04-19-2012, 07:21 PM

Is it true the pay down ur head in scc for extensions and head bands? How should I wear my hair?
Old 04-26-2012, 02:13 AM

Does my husband have to send paperwork for me to visit him? Does anyone know
Old 04-26-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy2010
Does my husband have to send paperwork for me to visit him? Does anyone know
Have you been approved to visit him at any CA prison? If not, then he needs to sign a visitor questionnaire and send it to you so you can be approved. That process can take up to 8 weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to ariearl624 For This Useful Post:
fluffy2010 (05-10-2012)
Old 05-10-2012, 12:23 AM

No I havent I guess I should ask him to send me one!
Thank You
Old 05-10-2012, 07:04 PM

Yes! You will not be able to visit until you've been approved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy2010
No I havent I guess I should ask him to send me one!
Thank You
The Following User Says Thank You to ariearl624 For This Useful Post:
fluffy2010 (05-22-2012)
Closed Thread