Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss California prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:08 PM

Default Need help setting up phone for calls

i jus tried to set up my phone to recieve calls and i cant because my phone bill is in my moms name, and so they wont open my account........how do i send him a phone card or something????? i need to talk to him...
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2012, 06:30 PM
taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by hecallsmeduck View Post
i jus tried to set up my phone to recieve calls and i cant because my phone bill is in my moms name, and so they wont open my account........how do i send him a phone card or something????? i need to talk to him...
The easiest way to do it without being in your moms name is with Vonage.
I got Vonage with 300 mins its $9.99 a month ( you can chose a different plan). You get the modem free if you sign up online ( you dont need it to get calls I never even opened my box up) the number works right away. You then fax over the billing statement to GTL and in 3-5 days you can receive calls. My calls are $1.45 for 15 mins and I live out of state.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:11 PM

thank you so much!
Old 04-26-2012, 02:02 PM
He's Home!

Thanked 1,769 Times in 1,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hecallsmeduck View Post
My phone is also in my moms name; I had her call & get it set up for me to receive calls. All I did was fax the phone bill & a utility bill & got it set up. Is this something perhaps your mom can help you with?

"We are the perfect couple, we're just not in the perfect situation." ~ Unknown
Old 05-10-2012, 12:16 AM

Thanked 2,272 Times in 1,617 Posts

Can you have gtl not send a paper bill? They are sending it to my parents and I'd strongly prefer my parents to know nothing. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:29 AM
taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhouse
Can you have gtl not send a paper bill? They are sending it to my parents and I'd strongly prefer my parents to know nothing. Thanks.
No not that I'm aware of. I did ask them a couple years ago about it and they told me no. But maybe things have changed. You would have to call and ask. Maybe call them and give an address change. The only thing is that the credit card you use to make payments online will have to match the mailing address.

Last edited by Xiu Xiu; 05-10-2012 at 12:30 AM..
Old 05-10-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhouse
Well. I could be wrong cuz it happens alot. But. It seems that if my account has a zero balance I don't get a bill. I moved recently so it's been hard to track but it seems like the times I pay in advance or have a credit I haven't gotten a bill. Just a thought to try. I pay online in advance.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:50 AM

The bill went to the street address which wouldn't have ever come but my parents just got mail service at the house. The credit card I use has my po box as the address. If I could change it to the po box I'd be fine.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:03 AM

Mine gets sent to a po box. I did a change of address through the post office. So all mail going to my old address automatically got changed to the po box. Now my bills say po box even though I never called and changed it. The post office did through their correspondence. This went for all my mail.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchyHeart
Mine gets sent to a po box. I did a change of address through the post office. So all mail going to my old address automatically got changed to the po box. Now my bills say po box even though I never called and changed it. The post office did through their correspondence. This went for all my mail.
Thanks I will do that today and see if it can catch any stray mail.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:48 PM

Default Vonage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiu Xiu View Post
The easiest way to do it without being in your moms name is with Vonage.
I got Vonage with 300 mins its $9.99 a month ( you can chose a different plan). You get the modem free if you sign up online ( you dont need it to get calls I never even opened my box up) the number works right away. You then fax over the billing statement to GTL and in 3-5 days you can receive calls. My calls are $1.45 for 15 mins and I live out of state.
I have Vonage and they will NOT give me a bill with a California address!! They said it has to go to the address of the Credit Card on file.

I have a number for my husband here in Ohio, but the phone rings, I answer and it disconnects us.

If someone knows how to get around Vonage and there BS about the bill with a California address I would love to know how, but I am afraid that it will do the same thing it does with my husband. Grrrrrrrrrr

I am in Ohio..

Thanks!!
Old 05-14-2012, 05:52 PM
taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioWife4Life View Post
I have Vonage and they will NOT give me a bill with a California address!! They said it has to go to the address of the Credit Card on file.

I have a number for my husband here in Ohio, but the phone rings, I answer and it disconnects us.

If someone knows how to get around Vonage and there BS about the bill with a California address I would love to know how, but I am afraid that it will do the same thing it does with my husband. Grrrrrrrrrr

I am in Ohio..

Thanks!!
I live out of state as well. I will PM you what I did. I figured them out long ago lol