Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW MEXICO > New Mexico DOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Mexico DOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the New Mexico Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the system should be posted here.

Old 11-19-2003, 04:15 PM

Question La Tuna-Anthony, Texas

Does Anyone have any info on the prison in La Tuna in Anthony Texas? Do they have a boot camp there? A rehab there? And what are the conditions like there? Including any violence torwards other inmates?
Old 04-23-2012, 01:04 AM

I don't have any information but am hoping someone can offer what it's like. I was just sentenced to 54 months at the camp at La Tuna. Help!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:40 PM

My husband is in the low security prison in La tuna. He's says the camp is where you definitely want to be. You have A lOT more freedom. I went to visit him last weekend and I saw the inmates that were from the camp using weed whackers and doing yard work all around the outside of the prison. some were even driving trucks around for work. I know that when you have visitors, you are free to walk around with them. I don't know too much about how it is exactly inside of the camp, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:22 AM

Default Spent 2 Years at the Camp

Camp is much better then the low. Although it is still prison. You have a lot of freedom, and the visits are nice. You can walk around the visiting area and talk. Food is horrible. There is virtually now violence at the camp, because the staff is very involved there. Ask me any questions and I will answer the best I can.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:02 PM

Hello my husband is on the way there I am in GA and worried to death how is the unicore program and jobs for the inmates. Thank you for any info you can provide.