Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Violent Offender
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Loving a Violent Offender Discuss the issues of having a violent offender as part of your life. Please keep in mind that some of us are married to violent offenders. Please remember that these offenders are human, and as such, can change... just like anyone else.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:05 AM

My LO is considered a VO. I dnt agree though.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2012, 02:10 PM
waiting for my love

My bf is in for first degree robbery and first degree burgulary, to alot of peps he's conider voilent but in my heart and TO ME he has always been sweet
Old 01-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Madly in love

My husband is considered a violent offender.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:39 AM

My man is a VO. Yeah, I love him and he did what he did but I guess thats why they got him where he at too. Cant stop loving someone just bcz they screw up. Always been good to me. Nothin but love.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:03 PM
but I'm not finished, !!!

I have my one and only son who is a violent offender, and i'm in it till the end
MsSchoolday (02-13-2012)
Old 02-13-2012, 06:17 PM
My Heart Is Empty
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm done View Post
I have my one and only son who is a violent offender, and i'm in it till the end
I hear ya, I'm the same way!!
Old 04-24-2012, 01:46 AM

I guess my man falls in the VO category. They tried to get him for attempted murder, but he took a plea and was charged with battery with a deadly weapon. I never considered him a VO until I read these things...
Old 04-24-2012, 02:50 AM

Yes my man is considered VO hes in for felony assualt. Long story short he had got on drugs really bad & that really impaired his judgement & he made bad decisions & choices! I still love him just the same I know the man that he truely is.

Sent from Amy213
using PrisonTalk
Old 04-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Account Closed

My ol' man has been in for 22 years now...he went in on a violent charge and picked up another while incarcerated. I love him then and I love him now. There is more to him than these 2 acts show. I'll stand by him forever.

Barbara
Old 04-25-2012, 12:30 AM

My Love is considered a "violent offender" because he was driving a car pretty much.... I'm sure you all understand what I am saying. He didn't use a weapon but the person next to him did. I can't go into much more detail because there's a lot of politics involved in his case still, so, in a nutshell I'm pretty sure you all can put two and two together. . It was considered a "hate crime" because of the nature of the situation that went awry and they crack down in the state we live in especially for these types of crimes. It's a tragic disaster and heart breaking because all of his other charges were non-violent offenses. He was pretty much a bad drug addict growing up. He kicked the drugs but now this... He's the best man I know, STILL... Sucks.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:49 AM

My man is considered a VO because of what he did to me. I know what he did was wrong (committing domestic violence) but I'm the victim and I don't think he should be labeled a VO. But that's what the state see our men as. I love him. I know the good side the kind who slices really thin slices of cheese for me and feeds em to me. The kind who gave me the son I wanted... the kind who laughs at anchorman. The kind who rubs my head while I fall asleep on his lap... I could go on. But don't get discouraged it doesn't matter what ANYONE else thinks. We know the truth and that's all that matters.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Madly in love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZechyT'swifey View Post
My man is considered a VO because of what he did to me. I know what he did was wrong (committing domestic violence) but I'm the victim and I don't think he should be labeled a VO. But that's what the state see our men as. I love him. I know the good side the kind who slices really thin slices of cheese for me and feeds em to me. The kind who gave me the son I wanted... the kind who laughs at anchorman. The kind who rubs my head while I fall asleep on his lap... I could go on. But don't get discouraged it doesn't matter what ANYONE else thinks. We know the truth and that's all that matters.
Violence is violence no matter who it is perpetrated against. It does not stop being violence just because you love him and you are his victim. My husband is labelled a violent offender because he committed an act of violence (I was not the victim). Am I proud of that fact? Nope - nor am I ashamed of it. But it is the truth...I cannot sugar coat it nor can he. Most importantly the fact that he committed a violent act does NOT mean he is not capable of great warmth, compassion, love and so forth. The fact that I can admit and accept the reality that he committed a violent act does NOT mean I love him any less, it only means I will not deny the truth.
leeannev (08-28-2012), Oil&WaterAZ (04-25-2012)
Old 04-25-2012, 12:05 PM

Smile Past History as a Violent Offender

so this time around he gets the max sentence for a hit-and-run. I met him when he was on parole, and from what I've seen over the past ten years, he's made the effort to turn away from prior behaviors and associates - the hit-and-run (in which he suffered a concussion resulting in amnesia for the event) was an unfortunate fluke. Others think he "looks scary" but my granddaughters have always trusted him implicitly with their safety, as have I. My friends are cautiously optimistic for me, but he's always been a man of his word with me and my loved ones. Pfooey on people who live by being judgmental!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Account Closed

I don't feel mine is a v.o. I don't judge anyone for what they may or may not have done. I love my soon to be husband regardless.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Account Closed

Violent offender, it sounds so ugly but I guess it could be considered accurate. Drugs and firearms don't mix. Can he be violent? Absolutely. He's still having to learn how to cope with life and not resort to violence. It's not an easy road and I believe it will be tougher for him when he walks out into the world again but I'll be right there with him.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcsbaby View Post
Marc was charged with murder and plead down to Assault with a Deadly weapon with intent to kill.....major BS...but I suppose they consider him a violent offender....I am just curious to see how many of us are in love with such "violent creatures!!!" LOL...I love my VO!
~Katie

My man is in for a violent crime (murder) but he is an amazing man, he is very kind, I trust him with my life. I dont think the term violent offender should be used to describe a person. I am pretty sure we all have are momemts of anger and because a person committed a crime does not mean they will do it again. A female cousin was locked up for domestic violence but she is nice, she was just with the wrong man. She has not been in any trouble with the law since
The Following User Says Thank You to zulemanegrete For This Useful Post:
Jenn22405 (06-06-2012)
Old 06-06-2012, 05:29 PM

just convicted of murder 1. yeah, he's considered violent. but i believe he is innocent, so.....don't believe he is violent.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Love Dont Run<3

My fiancee is considered a violent offender - he has a past charge of grand theft of a firearm.

So on fire & so in love that look in your eyes that I miss so much - remind me, baby, remind me.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:43 AM
smile my LOVE..♥

My babe would be considered a "violent offender"... however he hasn't been in trouble or written up for anything violent his whole time inside (almost 10years)... he made a mistake, & so stupidly commited a violent crime, one time. It really doesnt matter tho because I love him regardless!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:45 AM

Mine is considered a violent offender. From his past then this new one was aggravated assault. Got dropped down from attempted murder. And he has gotten in only one fight since he's been in which has been almost 4 years. He is one of the sweetest men and ive never seen him get violent, its only when someone does something that really provokes him, he goes off.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:00 PM

My man is also considered a violent offender ...long story short ur got in a fight try to be a mediator between two guys well one swung hit my man my man hit back ...wass on guys property...well my man got 4 1/2 years...is he violent no not in our eyes he has helped raise my two boys has gone on field trips when I had to work done home work withy boys taught them so much ...my youngest was jus about 3 when we met taught him,how to play baseball and over this he missed seeing billy hit 8 home runs last season miss seeing him being a pitcher this year..taught my older one how to cook fix cars ya know the things a father does..all cause he jus cares ...I had to have a lump removed from my breast for a week we didn't know if it was cancer or not he was my rock held me and wiped my tears telling ne we will beat this..thank god it wasyn't but I did hAve to have half my breast removed the way he handled it made me feel more sexy than if I had a whole breast..he is jus a Hugh part of our lives ..so many caring giving this he has done...I am sorry but no way is he the violent monster the courts and police have made him out to be ..he is a part of our family we miss him so much every day ...he got a raw deal in my eyes I undetstand some sort of punishment but really all while going to court not a one of the parents that me and him coached cared jus knew how he was with their kids ..so nope no violent person
Old 07-11-2012, 11:06 PM

My man was charged with Murder...convicted of Manslaughter 1st degree...given 20 years...also convicted of trafficking...10 years on that...to run consecutive with 85% serve out...he is considered a "violent offender"...I also get ask a lot if I am afraid of him and I find that question ridiculous. I could never be afraid of someone I love so much if anything I feel safer with him. I don't now and never have considered him violent. We knew each other before he went in...9 years 2 months and 4 days ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs.JRTII For This Useful Post:
zulemanegrete (08-27-2012)
Old 07-13-2012, 01:00 PM

Isn't that such a strange question, i get that often. I'm like am I afraid of him no. I am afraid of my abusive ex who walks to the street free and has abused every woman he has been with. With him i have never feared anything, I feel safe and loved unconditional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.JRTII View Post
My man was charged with Murder...convicted of Manslaughter 1st degree...given 20 years...also convicted of trafficking...10 years on that...to run consecutive with 85% serve out...he is considered a "violent offender"...I also get ask a lot if I am afraid of him and I find that question ridiculous. I could never be afraid of someone I love so much if anything I feel safer with him. I don't now and never have considered him violent. We knew each other before he went in...9 years 2 months and 4 days ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to photoholic808 For This Useful Post:
zulemanegrete (08-27-2012)
Old 08-19-2012, 02:02 PM

I have a quick question, please I hope somebody can anwer me!! I have an order of protection against my boyfriend ( domestic violence) and I just wanted to know if I can visit him?? He's in jail.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:41 PM

no you cant if you have a no contact order , i dont think