Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prisons & Jails > Menard Correctional Center - Illinois
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Menard Correctional Center - Illinois Topics and discussion specific to Menard Correctional Center in Menard, Illinois.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:56 PM

Default Menard segregation

i tried to call the prison. i called earlier but forgot to ask so hopefully someone knows. i sent him some money via western union today to make sure he had a little on his books. my question is how fast does he get it and do segregation inmates get to buy stamps, paper and envelopes? not sure how long hes been there i think about a week since i last heard from him on the 12th. he was in pinkneyville before and got into some sort of trouble and has landed himself in segregation. any info on segregation is appreciated since i have no experience with this. thank you so much.

Last edited by MiniMoose; 04-23-2012 at 06:14 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2012, 06:55 PM

thinking about driving up there next week if i dont hear from him. i know segregation inmates can get mail and visits but does their visiting list follow them? thanks to anyone who can answer.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:31 AM

They do have to submit a new visiting list any time they get transferred to a different prison. It takes at least a few days but anywhere up to a month to be approved. The money you sent should be on his books the same day but he might have some sort of limit on what he can buy. My fiance was in seg when he first got sent to menard a year ago. The visits were only an hour behind glass. I hope this helps you a little bit, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
The Following User Says Thank You to K.Adele For This Useful Post:
tomsgirl76 (04-24-2012)
Old 04-24-2012, 07:58 AM

Default sending money

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Adele View Post
They do have to submit a new visiting list any time they get transferred to a different prison. It takes at least a few days but anywhere up to a month to be approved. The money you sent should be on his books the same day but he might have some sort of limit on what he can buy. My fiance was in seg when he first got sent to menard a year ago. The visits were only an hour behind glass. I hope this helps you a little bit, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
Hi I have never sent my boyfriend money he is in Menard, we were penpals until recently on which we became a couple, i am in the UK so would that make a difference when I send money and how do I send it?
If you can help me with this i would be very grateful, he started to call me and write every day so i want to help him with calls and post.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:24 AM

You can send him money through western union online, you have to put his inmate # and send it to IDOC