Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know > Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Florida prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's regional subforum in the Florida forum.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveChris27 View Post
So.. in other cases do they have to wait until their update month? And would you be able to keep both your home and cell phone number on his list?
yes, if you arent already on his list, he has to wait until his month to be able to ad,update,make any changes to his phone list. I dont know if youd be able to keep your home number on the list..i think the only way u cld do that is if its his month bc in that case hed be ADDING a number, not changing a number. in my case, for example, hes making achange (updating) a number thats already been approved &is on his list. so hes removing my old number & updating to my new number (my cell)..so my old number HAS to be removed. if its his month, he can add #s..so for example, my MIA can add her cell in oct (hubbys "month") & still keep her home #. fyi..our guys can only have 10 #s on thier list so each # counts as 1.

C
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2012, 10:40 AM

I guess each prison is doing their own thing. I called FSP-West and I was told even though its my Husband's update month he cant add the cell phone number until his next update month in October, because they weren't going to start processing them until May 1. I thanked her and let her no that he will be home by then but thanks for the info!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddysboo View Post
I guess each prison is doing their own thing. I called FSP-West and I was told even though its my Husband's update month he cant add the cell phone number until his next update month in October, because they weren't going to start processing them until May 1. I thanked her and let her no that he will be home by then but thanks for the info!
Congrats on your honey being home before you know it

C
The Following User Says Thank You to willwait For This Useful Post:
daddysboo (04-25-2012)
Old 04-25-2012, 02:39 PM
One Half
Donation Award 

So right now hubby is at reception still waiting to be transferred. All his numbers were approved on his list. Since they were already approved at reception he wont have the opportunity to add any more until his month or will he be able to add to his phone list when he arrives at his perm camp?

I wasn't sure if when he arrived at permanent camp if he only had the option to try and fix unapproved numbers or not.

Also, does anyone know if they consider the phones from like Safelink or Assurance Wireless a prepaid phone or not?
Old 04-25-2012, 04:09 PM

I know that this is a cell phone world, but right now I am so glad I dont use a cell phone. I do carry one that my daughter insists and pays for, but other wise, I will be home in afew, call me then.

Im 70 and outdated
Old 04-25-2012, 04:17 PM

Here is another conversation I picked up.

I'm curious......what do they use on the prepaid accounts for the inmate to use in calling other numbers? In NH....they use their inmate id# and voice recognition by saying "United States," but since we just started using this system, almost immediately another inmate or two were using his account and making calls. I even have some of the phone numbers called but ICS says it is not possible.......though everybody can read your inmate id # on your front pocket as you need to carry it around with you for indentification purposes.

So.....most of the $100 put on his account has been used up and nobody is taking him or me seriously......basically calling us liars.......that it would be caught by voice recognition......yet to test it he put in United Kingdom rather than US and it went through....go figure. She said that would not be possible.....haha.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:20 PM

Here is an interesting point.

"I'm curious......what do they use on the prepaid accounts for the inmate to use in calling other numbers? In NH....they use their inmate id# and voice recognition by saying "United States," but since we just started using this system, almost immediately another inmate or two were using his account and making calls. I even have some of the phone numbers called but ICS says it is not possible.......though everybody can read your inmate id # on your front pocket as you need to carry it around with you for indentification purposes.

So.....most of the $100 put on his account has been used up and nobody is taking him or me seriously......basically calling us liars.......that it would be caught by voice recognition......yet to test it he put in United Kingdom rather than US and it went through....go figure. She said that would not be possible.....haha."

I think there are going to be some issues once the cell phone thing starts. JMO.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:21 PM

this is interesting. hummmm. I took out names, but content is whole.

I only have a cell phone and drive over the road with my husband so the only way for my son to call me is on my cell. I put money in the amount of 25.00 or 50.00 into a phone thing call Global Tel link 800-483-8314. I don't know if this will work in your state. My son is in Florida. But give it a try. It does cost $ 4 something for the 25 and $9 something for the 50. Hope this helps you.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:45 PM

fl doc uses securus...formerly known as correctional billing services. myfiance has a pin number he entets..securus doesnt work on voice recognition. I have an account setup with securus with whatever numbers I want to put on it. those r the numbers that will go through...each phone num us linked toeach securus acct & you pay as you go. securus told me that my cell, even being a georgia #, will be 4¢ a minute w a 1.95(or 75) connect fee for each call (the same rate as the Fl landline here at my MIL's) & a monthly 2.99 fee for the cell #.

C
Old 04-25-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddysboo
His update month is April or may?

Old 04-25-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megs338 View Post
his update month is april or may?

april
Old 04-25-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddysboo

april
Oh okay I got nervous because my fiancés month is may so I'm hoping they let him add my cell number

Old 04-25-2012, 09:06 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,275 Times in 969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin787 View Post
Here is an interesting point.

"I'm curious......what do they use on the prepaid accounts for the inmate to use in calling other numbers? In NH....they use their inmate id# and voice recognition by saying "United States," but since we just started using this system, almost immediately another inmate or two were using his account and making calls. I even have some of the phone numbers called but ICS says it is not possible.......though everybody can read your inmate id # on your front pocket as you need to carry it around with you for indentification purposes.

So.....most of the $100 put on his account has been used up and nobody is taking him or me seriously......basically calling us liars.......that it would be caught by voice recognition......yet to test it he put in United Kingdom rather than US and it went through....go figure. She said that would not be possible.....haha."

I think there are going to be some issues once the cell phone thing starts. JMO.
FL inmates cannot call random numbers - only numbers that are approved by DOC for that inmate's specific pin number will go through. That will not change with the addition of mobile numbers - it just now means that they will approve mobile numbers to be added to that list. And they have to call through Securus, so each number (mobile or landline) has to have a Securus account to be called. If the phone number doesn't have money on its Securus account then the call will not go through. It will come up as a blocked number when they try to dial.

Nothing is really changing - it's just that the lists can now include some mobile numbers is all.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,486 Times in 3,666 Posts

Yep, never had a problem when Ben was able to call my cell before and Bay was our first experience with CBS (DOC was using MCI at the time he moved).

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare
Old 04-27-2012, 12:44 PM

So if your man's month is April and you turn it in last day of April, well its going to be denied! it has to be May month to be added no exceptions, so even tho his month is this month.. he cant add the cell # it will be denied, only way u can do the cell phone # change is if ur married! no other way...

that blows, now have to wait until October for the cell # to be added, im going to call warden and see what he says.. because that is crazy!... i talked to the girl that enters the #'s in she had told me they had a conference today about it..

and you cant get the # added without a bill @ contract.. without those the # will be denied, i already sent him the contract and bill, so we shall see how that goes..

i told him to try it anyways, if it gets denied . well we will have to do something to fix it.. that is crazy how DOC is doing this.!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:52 PM

I'm so happy my fiancées month is may I will be sending out a copy of the bill and contract tomorrow morning

Old 04-27-2012, 07:43 PM

Just to let any of you know that if you have sprint and don't have your contract they can not send you a copy I just got off the phone with them
So I'm hoping my bill will be enough

Old 04-27-2012, 10:36 PM

Hey Meg, bill is not enough.. i've talked to the warden, and the cbs girl who goes to the prison's.. you need a contract.. let me look on sprint, my friend has them, let me look around and see what you can print to show it..!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:40 PM

Okay so you go onto my account on Sprint.. then you will see your #
you will see your phone on the left with your #.. look to the right. it says

See my contract details

print screen that!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:13 AM

okay thank you! do you think that will be okay tho the screen shot?

Old 04-28-2012, 10:54 AM

Why do we need a contract? I don't have one any longer. It was completed last year.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:16 PM

yea Meg.. and because i talked to the phone person at the prison, and they want a contract, they said a bill wont cut it. they need contract details...
Old 04-28-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewilly34 View Post
yea Meg.. and because i talked to the phone person at the prison, and they want a contract, they said a bill wont cut it. they need contract details...
Well I guess a lot of us won't be adding cell phones then. I've been a Sprint customer for years and my contract was satisfied last year. I'm on a month-to-month basis now.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:29 PM

Well I still have a contract with sprint until 9/30/12 but we always renew ours and also it's under my moms name and there are six additional lines so I hope the screen shot I took is enough I'm also sending the bill just in case but the house phone is already approved in my moms name I'm hoping it's approved

Old 04-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,275 Times in 969 Posts

Something tells me this "must have a contract" rule was written by people who don't understand the difference between a pay-as-you-go burner phone and a monthly billed account that is no longer under a term of commitment contract.

I'm thinking as they start to encounter problems with adding numbers because of people whose contracts have expired but who aren't using "burner" phones but who are billed monthly, that the requirement will be adjusted.

If you HAD a contract and then it expired...try sending the contract and see what happens.