Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > 911 > Prison Petitions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Petitions Post all petitions here.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,012 Times in 7,140 Posts
Default Petition Posters please take notice-

When posting a petition, please give the thread a clear title....

"Please Sign This" is not a clear title.

"Petition in support of clemency for Jon Doe" is a clear title.

Also, your post must include an end date- the date by which the signatures need to be gathered.

There is no value at all in having a petition still in circulation months or even years after it needed to be turned in, all that does is take attention from timlier issues.

Thank you all in advance for your cooperation in making this forum a useful clearinghouse for petition issues.

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LeBeau For This Useful Post:
Bex81 (06-03-2016), David (08-20-2014), Gracie70 (04-08-2013), linda143 (06-01-2011), Lisa Jeanne (05-11-2012), MKW (10-05-2008), mossey (12-03-2008), Muslima (02-02-2014), NtShadow (09-24-2008), Ray'sAngel (09-22-2008), rmtkids (06-27-2011), Scotch77 (12-09-2008), so sad (02-19-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Donation Award 

And a few more notes-

Please do NOT go to other people's threads and ask that they go read and sign your petition or include links to your thread or your petition in other threads.
Doing that is called "Directing" and/or "Crossposting" and here's what PTO's policies say about it....

Quote:
Spamming & Cross Posting:
Spamming and Cross Posting is defined as posting the same information or content (full or partial) in two or more posts. We understand that some topics might fit into more than one forum or category but we ask that you please pick the best one and stick with it. Members found to be spamming will be warned the first time and additional posts will be removed. Repeat offenders may have their posting privileges suspended or revoked.
and

Quote:
“Directing” Posts or Threads:
Making a post directing other people to another post on the PTO site, unless requested, and to check their PM box is not permitted. An example of this would be to create a new threads asking if everyone has voted on the poll you posted, or if they have viewed the other thread. Posts such as these will be deleted and the member will be warned. Continuing abuse of this policy will result in you losing your posting privileges.

Finally, for now, threads about petitions that are more than 3 years old are being closed in order to ensure that active petitions about current concerns get the attention they deserve.

Thank you all again for your cooperation in making this forum a useful clearinghouse for petition issues

Speak your mind-

The Following User Says Thank You to LeBeau For This Useful Post:
Scotch77 (12-09-2008)
Old 10-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Donation Award 

.....And as we continue with the effort to make this forum more usable and more useful, we're going to ask that you help by posting threads directing people to a specific and current petition, rather than asking people to go to a petition site and sign the petitions on a particular topic.

Many, maybe most, petition sites do NOT remove petitions after the close date has passed and it seems fruitless to be taking time to sign expired or abandoned petitions, possibly at the expense of active and current matters.

Thanks again to all of you for helping us make this space into a useful clearinghouse for prison petition matters.

Speak your mind-

Old 04-23-2011, 10:48 AM

I'm sorry, but I did a cross-posting, but I did it before I read this thread. I won't do it anymore. Sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to luckygrrrl For This Useful Post:
Tina (05-27-2011)
Old 05-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Life Lovin
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,235 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygrrrl View Post
I'm sorry, but I did a cross-posting, but I did it before I read this thread. I won't do it anymore. Sorry.
No worries We all make mistakes
Old 04-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Devastated Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeau View Post
And a few more notes-

Please do NOT go to other people's threads and ask that they go read and sign your petition or include links to your thread or your petition in other threads.
Doing that is called "Directing" and/or "Crossposting" and here's what PTO's policies say about it....

and

Finally, for now, threads about petitions that are more than 3 years old are being closed in order to ensure that active petitions about current concerns get the attention they deserve.

Thank you all again for your cooperation in making this forum a useful clearinghouse for petition issues
My son's petition has been open for a few years because the petition is directed to the Governor of Illinois. Our governor was a criminal and was ousted from office and recently sent to prison! We have a new governor, and I am writing to him and sending him the list of signatures to the petition. He just took office last year.

Can this be an exception to your rule?

I am not wanting to detract attention to new petitions, but my son's petition is still active and still gathering signatures for Gov. Quinn.
He will receive ALL signatures, even those gathered before he took office.

I hope you will make an exception due to these strange circumstances. Thank you for considering this as a special situation.