Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:39 AM

Default Friends man came home!

One of my good friends man came home last week and she had a welcome home party for him! We were a big support system for each other but when I was there I had a hard time enjoying myself I'm glad he is home and happy for her. When I was there I kept thinking how long of a time until that will be my man and me! I was happy and loved seeing them both happy and in his arms is where she is meant to be you could see that, it made me miss my man more and got me down in the dumps :/ I Told my man and he made me feel better like he always does, said he's sorry and that our time will come is it ok that I felt sad at such a happy time for my friend, I didn't mope around at her party I'm pretty good at hiding how I feel but sometimes she would say sorry if it's bugging you I don't want her or people to feel bad for me.. I also have a friend who will apologize after she tells me about spending time with her man and good things that happen between them and thy doesn't make me feel a type of way and I want my friends to still tell me stuff like that... Idk is this all normal
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Does NOT Sugarcoat

Thanked 3,616 Times in 1,882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingaj7 View Post
One of my good friends man came home last week and she had a welcome home party for him! We were a big support system for each other but when I was there I had a hard time enjoying myself I'm glad he is home and happy for her. When I was there I kept thinking how long of a time until that will be my man and me! I was happy and loved seeing them both happy and in his arms is where she is meant to be you could see that, it made me miss my man more and got me down in the dumps :/ I Told my man and he made me feel better like he always does, said he's sorry and that our time will come is it ok that I felt sad at such a happy time for my friend, I didn't mope around at her party I'm pretty good at hiding how I feel but sometimes she would say sorry if it's bugging you I don't want her or people to feel bad for me.. I also have a friend who will apologize after she tells me about spending time with her man and good things that happen between them and thy doesn't make me feel a type of way and I want my friends to still tell me stuff like that... Idk is this all normal
Everyone deserves to be happy! You and your man will have your time to enjoy each other, so live life, be thankful you have him to look forward to.

I am sure others feel this way too, so I do not believe you are alone in your feelings.

Peace~

Old 04-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Baby mama for life , xo
Donation Award 

It's completely normal , I feel the same way . I have two girlfriends who men went to jail also (all our guys got in trouble together) one of them , her man got out two months ago I was sooo happy for her but I was heart broken . I knew my boys release was only two months away but I was so jealous . My other friend , her boyfriend gets out 4 DAYS before mine , and I'm already jealous , even though they're so close together . But you need to support them now , even though it's hard , if you want them to support you when your man comes home.

Sent from my iPad using PrisonTalk
Old 04-19-2012, 10:19 AM

Perfectly normal... Seeing others happy and together is always gonna trigger the thought of your man. It's ok. Your happy for them but longing for your man. Your time will come.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:03 PM

Thanked 2,648 Times in 1,216 Posts

Totally normal. It sounds like you have some really good friends - it's nice to read how thoughtful they are about your feelings ...and you are of their's. Your time will come, Hon. In the meantime, we're here for you.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryzgirl
Totally normal. It sounds like you have some really good friends - it's nice to read how thoughtful they are about your feelings ...and you are of their's. Your time will come, Hon. In the meantime, we're here for you.
Thank you!!
The Following User Says Thank You to missingaj7 For This Useful Post:
countryzgirl (04-19-2012)