Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Unit Specific Forums > Allred Prison Unit - Texas
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 09:32 AM

Angry Allred Texas Prison Unit Lost his Property

My man got to Allred unit Feb 15th. He was transferred from Darrington and went thru Robertson unit before getting to Allred.
When her got to the unit he has all his property until they took it all away to an unknown location to be inventoried by the prperty lady the next day.
The next day never came. for about 2weeks they had not retuned any of his prperty.
And when they did...they only gave him his pictures back and told him they can not find the rest. During that time he gave them (a sgt he tlkd to) his inventory list to give to the property lady to find his things.
They said they were gonna copy it and give it back, they failed to do so.
He then filed a grievance.
I wrote a letter to Ombudsman office about this issue. They are conducting an investigation.
I called up to Allred to ask if they will be replacing the property they lost and all the Lady from the Wardens desk tol me was he will have to take it up with the property lady...she was rude and rushing me off the phone.

Has anyone else's loved one had a problem with property?

I cant believe they could lose all his things...thank the lord they didnt lose his pictures....he really would have gotten in major trouble....he in ad seg as it is.

any suggesstions as what else i could do to help him???
Old 04-06-2012, 04:25 PM

My husband has had so much property taken from him and it seems like the lady in property is never there. When he goes on medical chain something ALWAYS comes up missing. Once it was only his toothbrush but he had to file a grievance and wait 5 days to get a new one. He's since sent anything important or special to me so they don't get lost. I wish I had some advice to give you. What did the ombudsman investigation turn up?
The Following User Says Thank You to LavendersGirl For This Useful Post:
troubledbeauty (04-11-2012)
Old 04-11-2012, 12:04 PM

Default we will see....

Well i got a letter frm ombudsman saying they will investigate. also that my man would have to if he wanted to proceed with taking a second step in the grievance process i guess. My man has told me that it seems as they are just taking their time in doing all this. He's taking this as far as he can, hes determined to get his property back or have them replace it. I havent yet gotten any word from him as far as that issue.

That is no good for them to just lose their things. its not right.
Im tight on money and it just frustrating how they are handling all this.
i know its prison and not an airlines, but damn, really?
Its rediculous, but we will get to the bottom of this.
i will continue to post anything that turns up in this investigation.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:47 PM

IM in the process of waiting to see if my husband finally received his property. Coffield shipped it off March 14 and as aof last fridaay he still had not recieved it and everytime I call Connally the property lady is not available. I too sent an email last tuesday on the 3rd to the ombudsman and that night they pulled him out and informed him that they had received my email and readi it to him and told him that if his stuff was tehre they would give it to him the next day. Well nothing was iven to him so again I sent another email yesterday to the ombudsmans office because he has no shoes no radio no fan no hot pot all the expensive things are what concern him and ofcourse all the pictures from over the years so let me know what happens with your issue.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:16 AM

Lightbulb time and patience...i guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by *EM-n-FM* View Post
IM in the process of waiting to see if my husband finally received his property. Coffield shipped it off March 14 and as aof last fridaay he still had not recieved it and everytime I call Connally the property lady is not available. I too sent an email last tuesday on the 3rd to the ombudsman and that night they pulled him out and informed him that they had received my email and readi it to him and told him that if his stuff was tehre they would give it to him the next day. Well nothing was iven to him so again I sent another email yesterday to the ombudsmans office because he has no shoes no radio no fan no hot pot all the expensive things are what concern him and ofcourse all the pictures from over the years so let me know what happens with your issue.
I wll let yall know what happens. i just sent out a letter to my love....i been side tracked the last week or so......however....with this prperty situation i thinl it will take a lot of prayer and patience with the jail ppl.......ALSO...i for got to mention that one of the letters from my man containd a letter and pics from another inmate. i asked my man about it...he had no clue about this other inmates letter......IDK what to do with it.....i believe in Karma....so do i call the mail room and let them know of their blunder???? GEEZ these people.....when will they get it together?