Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Arkansas Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Arkansas prisons.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:45 PM

Default Information on Wrightsville Unit & Calico Rock

Hi everyone!

I am just trying to find out information on Wrightsville and Calico Rock.
I know everyone has different opinions, but just trying to see what kind of unit Calico Rock is. Some say Wrightsville is pretty laid back, but don't know.
If I could get some feedback I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2011, 09:35 AM

Yes wrightsville is laid back. really good wardens there. I dont have much expierence with Calico- my only knowledge is what the DI's @ Boot Camp told us
Old 08-30-2011, 06:03 PM

Default calico rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybell1979 View Post
Yes wrightsville is laid back. really good wardens there. I dont have much expierence with Calico- my only knowledge is what the DI's @ Boot Camp told us

I appreciate the information

As far as transfering do you think Calico Rock would be a very good place? Does it have Boot Camp and then another unit or is it all in one? I have been a member of prison talk for 5 years and familiar with a few units, but not these two. I don't want family to go there if there are issues.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:31 AM

Boot camp is now at Tucker, males moved over there May 2010 and us females moved in April 2011. Now I know that I was told that population at Calico is primarily Whites, because it is racially profiled. There were two black males that got kicked out of Boot Camp when I was there for behavior issues and they were being sent to Calico for displine reasons. Other than that I have heard it is a good unit. I only know about Wrightsville because I started boot camp @ the Hawkins womens unit on the wrightsville campus before we moved over to Tucker. Hope this helps
Old 11-19-2011, 10:18 AM
God Bless Everyone

Im looking to carpool with someone that may be visiting at Wrightsville, November 26th. I am in Little Rock. I have gas money I can contribute with. Please let me know. Lease me a message, asap, if possible. Thank you and God Bless. Ths will be my first prison visit.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:13 AM
Donation Award 

My son is in calico rock. He liked it when he first got there. they do make them work out in the field it's hard work, my son does not like it. Since its a small prison they don't have that many nice/ good jobs to pass around so most of them work out side Since my son is a sex offender they really don't like him The inmates were throwing rock at my son the other day and the guards didn't do any thing about it. The guards have it for my son. Want to put him in the hole so bad. But he has made parole so if he gets put in the hole that will set him back and he won't be able to get when he should. He has never done any thing wrong.
I have heard that if someone wants to get out of trouble they go to calico rock.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:06 PM

Has he filed grievances yet? With my experience @ boot camp they sent the trouble makers that couldn't handle it there! So I'm not sure about those wanting out of trouble going there is accurate?
Old 11-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybell1979
Has he filed grievances yet? With my experience @ boot camp they sent the trouble makers that couldn't handle it there! So I'm not sure about those wanting out of trouble going there is accurate?
Yes he did file grievance and the guard is no longer around him. But you might be right as far as they do straightening out the troublemaker. They do work them hard there.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:26 PM

My husband is a black male and was a trustee at the other facility he was in with no problems whatsoever... Now he's in calico rock and is about to come unglued b'c of the prejudice nature...he says they don't hide it at all and make all types of "n" word and slavery jokes openly...they basically threaten anyone to complain as they will be written up...this has turned VERY stressful n disheartening and I don't know where to start with contacting he proper authorities...
Old 04-15-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuthernFem
My husband is a black male and was a trustee at the other facility he was in with no problems whatsoever... Now he's in calico rock and is about to come unglued b'c of the prejudice nature...he says they don't hide it at all and make all types of "n" word and slavery jokes openly...they basically threaten anyone to complain as they will be written up...this has turned VERY stressful n disheartening and I don't know where to start with contacting he proper authorities...
I hate to tell you this, but if he stays there its going to keep happening. And filing a grievance or calling the warden will only make it worse. There are two things I'll recommend. First, he can request to be transferred. Second you can find the contact information for internal affairs. As many people complain about calico rock though, they probably already know about it, and just don't want to do anything.
I hope things gets better for y'all.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:07 AM

I believe that too, looking at what has happened since I talked to them...I'm looking for info on Internal Affairs right now...thank u!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuthernFem
I believe that too, looking at what has happened since I talked to them...I'm looking for info on Internal Affairs right now...thank u!
I have these numbers if that will help...

Grievance Officer: 870-850-8995
Internal Affairs: 870-267-6218
SuthernFem (04-17-2012)
Old 04-17-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeremily View Post
I have these numbers if that will help...

Grievance Officer: 870-850-8995
Internal Affairs: 870-267-6218

You are the best! Thank You!!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:00 PM

Just a quick update...hubby was transferred OUT if Calico today---yaaay!!!! Im not a racially biased person by far, but the truth is the truth, if ur loved one is African American n gets transferred to Calico, get them away from there before they get punished or lose class for being the wrong race! Im still pursuing my case b'c I think it's sad that everyone is aware if the racism there, but sweep it under the rug simply b'c it's prison...they are still human. Thank u all for ur support! Ive been coming to this site for months, but just decided to create a profile...