Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 04-15-2012, 01:52 PM

Default Intro--myonlylove95 from North Carolina

Hi, I am new to the prison system like so many others. My husband is in federal prison. He has been in since Feb 28 and release date is Nov 2020. He is not at his final place yet. They are still bouncing him around. I came here to look for any support and have found alot of it by reading others posts. This is the greatest place to meet others going through the same thing. It's also comforting to know that you're not alone. From what I have heard he is going to be in Kentucky which really sucks because it is 10 hours away from me. We were hoping for Butner here in NC but the overcrowding situation is preventing that from happening. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.
The Following User Says Thank You to myonlylove95 For This Useful Post:
closer2mydreamz (04-19-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2012, 02:56 PM

Hi Krista and welcome to PTO. This will be a great place for advice and support while you go through this difficult time. My boyfriend will be headed to federal prison after his final sentencing this summer and will get out probably in 2014 or 2015. I am new to this as well and could never have imagined myself in this situation but they need our support more than ever at a time like this. But it can be so hard to be strong for them when we can barely be strong for ourselves. What helps me is keeping in mind each day is one day closer to their release. The day will come, its just all the waiting that makes it so difficult. Especially the bouncing around. My boyfriend will have been transferred 4 or 5 times before he gets to his final destination. And we still have no idea where that will be. Hopefully your husband can stay close to you. Sending prayers. And PM me anytime is you need to talk
Old 04-15-2012, 03:04 PM

Thanks so much. I have my good days and bad days. I just take it one day at a time. I get to talk to him every night at least. I'm hoping that he will be "homed" soon so I can see him. We haven't been apart for 20 years and now it almost been 2 months since I've seen him. Should be interesting when we do get to visit I'll keep you and yours in my prayers as well and you can pm me anytime also.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:53 AM
MS. D*I*V*A
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,559 Posts

Hi there, welcome to PTO. Glad to have you join us. This community is all about offering you a place to come and get support from thorugh this journey. I know it has kept me same over the last few yrs. HERE is the Husbands & Boyfriends Forum, you may be interested in taking a peek around in there.