Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Minnesota Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Minnesota prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Blue Loves Rock

Default Naughty Letters and other gifts? Please Help!

Hi,

I am new here and only six months into a relationship with my sweet baby. Anyway, I have a couple of questions if someone would mind to help.

1. He asked me to write him a racy letter, which is fine, but how much racy is too racy? I mean, will certain words get his letter taken away? How explicit can you be?

2. Other than letters and drawing on them, can you actually send things like clippings from the newspaper/magazine articles, stuff printed off the net?

3. Can you send in stamps and envelopes cause he has NEVER asked for anything, but I know his Mom doesn't send him money with regularity and he is in ad seg for the next five months so he can't work.

He is in Oak Park Heights (MN) if that helps to answer the question or is there a link that tells what I can send?

Thanks so much!

Blue
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 10:38 AM

You can send him whatever type of freaky letter you want...can't talk about drugs and voilence but other than that...be creative!!
I've printed things off the internet and sent them to my man, I'm pretty sure you can't do clippings outta newspapers or magazines. Call and ask though!
Ordering books and magazines is acceptable.
No, you can't send stamps and enevlopes, you gotta send a money order or western union the money. mn dept of corrections is where to go to find out all the rules!
The Following User Says Thank You to alay2795 For This Useful Post:
RocksBabyBlue (04-06-2012)
Old 04-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Anto

Each prison has different rules... My pen pal in CA can get clippings of newspapers and whatever... I tried sending my friend in Moose Lake prison envelopes and stamps and it never made it to him... trial and error! Best bet is to just call and find out but if you don't wanna do that than try and see what happens! As for sending money... A lot of inmates have money they own to the prison so only get 50% of what you actually send.. I'd rather suggest finding out which online places are acceptable to send him a package and get what he needs that way. Get more for your money! Best of luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Antois2cool4u For This Useful Post:
RocksBabyBlue (04-06-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 05:18 PM

Quick question..has any of you ever sent an acoustic guitar to an inmate?? Wish I could just take it with me and turn it in..A couple of inmates have them ..It seems like I am calling up there bout every little thing I'm afraid they're gonna start calling me by my first name or something!! LOL! I think I am more afraid of getting into trouble.....I s'pose everyone experiences the "rollercoaster" ride at first~~~