Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Alabama News & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Alabama prison system.

Old 08-27-2003, 11:50 AM

Question Alabama's Judicial Inquiry Commission ruled 100% in judge's favor - a nightmare

Alabama's Judicial Inquiry Commission ruled in favor of Judge Burt Smithart, even though his actions of ill will, bad faith, and malice are documented. The good old boys are tight knit from the top to the bottom, so there is little hope of our INjustice system ever returning to what it should be and once was.

http://www.angelfire.com/blog/bwebs/...ommission.html

Follow the link to Absolute Double Jeopardy
Old 08-27-2003, 04:30 PM

i feel the same way you do! if this your webpage, i find it very interesting about judge smithart. you see this a@@hole was the presiding judge over my wife's case. she has told me many things about what goes on in union springs. i will send her this interesting info.

this judge emfinger, should be off the bench too, tell me how a judge can pass sentence on someone for doing the same things he does? i am interested in hearing more on this.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:10 PM

Thumbs down Judges in Bullock Co.

I agree. Those two judges, Smithart and Emfinger, are ones that the citizens had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get. You are so right about Emfinger being guilty of what he sentences others for. Burt does too. They are both so "endeared" to the other crooks there, that they are mere puppets. The 'daddy' figures who control them have showered them with houses, vehicles, and money, so they are theirs now.
What kind of case did your wife have, if you don't mind answering?
Old 08-28-2003, 12:43 PM

breaking and entering possesion of a forged instrument.it's all drug related. i have heard many things about who and what goes on in union springs. the cops are dirty as hell esp. lt. ralph johnson but i know they all are. i wish the feds. would come in and clean that place up. it's been said the feds. tell the police they are coming and what does union springs finest do? they tell the major dope dealers and in the end all the feds. get is small time dope dealers and the runners.

union springs would a nice place if they cleaned it up.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:18 PM

Smile Yes, it is the law there that are the criminals

You are so right about Ralph Johnson, he is up there with the ring leaders. Someone, Joann Allums, was at Tutwiler. She said she was sitting on the porch one afternoon when Ralph pulled up. She was arrested for a piece of crack and sent to prison. She laughed about it, because she had just said to Ralph, "you sure are early today to pick up your hush money".

Yes Union Springs would be okay if it could get those crooks and real criminals out of that court house. Judge Smithart and DA Whigham were handed a case where $600,000.00 worth of marijuana pots of plants were growing in Union Springs. It happened to be on the land of Burt's (Smithart) good friends. It has a been hushed and nothing of course has been done to the owners. They may be part of Whigham and Smithart's drug ring. It is sad to see the nickel and dimers go down. But the Feds won't even do anything to the big boys.
Sorry to hear about your wife. She got a dirty deal, no doubt, if she was anywhere near Union Springs.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:23 PM

Judge Emfinger was never drunk on the bench. As the supposed drug addiction, after innumberable back surgeries and a shoulder replacement he was prescribed pain medication. And excuse me sir, how can citizen's scrape Emfinger and Smithhart from the bottom of the barrel when they won with impressive majorities, especially considering its a 70% African American county. Judge Emfinger had a spotless record on the bench, so your bickering sounds more like a childish grudge to me. The 'daddy' puppet figure notion is laughable.Nobody showered my family with vehicles and money. My dad worked his whole life, paid his way through law school. He was fortunate and successful, but to attribute that to surrending his values simply tells me you did not have the fortune of knowing this man. My father did struggle with alcoholism, and if you check the record he resigned this November because he did not think he was fit to remain on the bench.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:57 AM
vamom

I am from Va and I never knew a judical system could be so corrupt as what I experienced in Alabama. The lawyer kept unused funds and did very little for what he "earned". The prosicutor let it be know he would not be confused by the truth, he was going to win. The judge said he was not sure what had happened, but gave my son 24 years a week before elections. I rest my case.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:48 AM

Be careful of Judge Smithhart. He is a good ol boy and does favors for his lawyer friends. Justice in Alabama is a joke and even he knows it.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:20 PM

wow!!! I am so for all who was involved and got the railroad. I read this thread and it sounds alot like what goes on in St.Clair county as well. Unfortunately my husband was railaroaded by some hand shakes and pay offs.