Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > Military Prison & UCMJ > Military Prison/UCMJ - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Military Prison/UCMJ - What You Need to Know Information relating to the military/UCMJ prison system. Q&A for those new to the system should be posted here.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:27 PM

Default Usdb

Does anyone have any questions about the usdb?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2011, 06:37 PM

Hey Panchito! quick question for you... I just scored some free travel vouchers from American airlines. I just visited him last month. How often is special visitation granted, as we just had special visitation our last visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchitoshome View Post
Does anyone have any questions about the usdb?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:23 AM

Special visitation can be granted thru the commandant during duty hours. Meaning you can visit him during the day as well as regular visitation hours. But must be approved by the commandant and be submitted ahead of time. If you have those vouchers now, tell Carlos to submit paperwork to visitation/Commandant for special visitation during duty hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to panchitoshome For This Useful Post:
msmonie09 (08-05-2011)
Old 08-03-2011, 10:32 PM

Ok... I will do that. I told him about it... he said he's going to try and get special visitation again, but he doesnt know if he will get it since we had it in Aug... but its worth a try... Thanks Pancho!
Quote:
Originally Posted by panchitoshome View Post
Special visitation can be granted thru the commandant during duty hours. Meaning you can visit him during the day as well as regular visitation hours. But must be approved by the commandant and be submitted ahead of time. If you have those vouchers now, tell Carlos to submit paperwork to visitation/Commandant for special visitation during duty hours.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:33 AM

Fo sho. :-)
Old 08-09-2011, 02:42 PM

Someone I know and care about was recently sent to the USDB and i was just wondering if you had any info on the day to day routine and how inmates and stuff are treated? I havent been able to find much info online about fort leavenworth i guess maybe since its a military prison?? But some of my friends say its a really bad place for him to be and others say its probly the best place? So i guess im wondering how things will work out for him on the inside? From like day to day such as showers, tv, meals, free time..to long term..(hes gonna be there a while). And how the other inmates treat each other...are there gangs like in other prisons that sort of thing? Sorry to ask so many questions but i cant help but think about it and wonder?
Old 08-09-2011, 10:01 PM

First I would say, what's his crime? It depends what his crime is. As long ashe doesn't act like he owns the place, he will be ok. But then again when that inmate was murdered last year, things might have changed. There are gangs, but not to worry about it. He will have a work detail that may pay or maybe not. I would recommend you buying magazines for him to read. You order it from the publisher and they will deliver it to him. Anything he asks from you, must first be done on paperwork first, shoes, magazines, books. Having money in his pdf acct helps, because he can call you or he can buy extra goodies from ration room.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:04 PM

Also if he gets accepted into a section to which ever pod he goes to.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:15 PM

How does the parole board look at aggravated offences my husband is going to be thete on the25th of this month i miss him soo much i dont know any info about usdb and i wanna see him asap please help
Old 10-22-2011, 06:01 PM
One Day At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.styff View Post
How does the parole board look at aggravated offences my husband is going to be thete on the25th of this month i miss him soo much i dont know any info about usdb and i wanna see him asap please help
The effect of an aggravating factor on parole depends on the underlying crime and how the law defines the factor. There are too many variables and too many crimes to give you any kind of relevant answer. For you to visit, you must first be put on his visitor's list (by him) and approved by the DB. It isn't a complicated process and takes just a couple of weeks (usually). If he is in SHU, you will have to schedule your visits at least 30 days in advance. He will have to request the visit and let you know if it is approved for the days he requests. He may be in Reception for a couple of weeks and may or may not be able to call. It's an orientation/classification process every new inmate goes through. My son was at the DB for almost 10 years and seemed to get by okay. He worked and was involved in a lot of programs/activities. Actually got a letter from him once that said he just hadn't had time to write...go figure! All in all, it's not a bad place to be if you have to be in prison. The food is good, the facility is fairly new and the staff is mostly helpful. You cannot send him anything except letters and photos. Any thing else must come from the retailer/seller and be approved by the DB in advance. You can send him money orders for his phone account and commissary account, no cash. I didn't worry about the violence levels at the DB the way I do now (he was transferred to a federal facility) but there is some - mostly one-on-one. If you have specific questions, please post them. Someone will provide an answer, I'm sure. It is hard at first -can't say it gets better, but it does get easier. Write to him as much as possible and be as supportive as you can. most of all - Keep the Faith!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:43 PM

How offen can i see him..how soon can i see him and how do i set up the visitation 30days in advance he leaves for usdb on the 25th of this month i have no contact info for that place r they contact visits he is in for agg. Sexual assualt.. How does parole look at that is there a chance he can get accepted for parole the 1st time..i will write as much as possible and support him as much as i can with the info i get along the way i feel lost and some what confused i miss him soo much its alot of stress being 8 1/2months pregnant...sigh..thank u for the advance il keep everything updated and im sure il have alot more questions
Old 10-23-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.styff View Post
How offen can i see him..how soon can i see him and how do i set up the visitation 30days in advance he leaves for usdb on the 25th of this month i have no contact info for that place r they contact visits he is in for agg. Sexual assualt.. How does parole look at that is there a chance he can get accepted for parole the 1st time..i will write as much as possible and support him as much as i can with the info i get along the way i feel lost and some what confused i miss him soo much its alot of stress being 8 1/2months pregnant...sigh..thank u for the advance il keep everything updated and im sure il have alot more questions
Hello! Welcome. Don't stress yourself too much. You want to stay healthy for you unborn baby. I know that things seem to be a mess now, because you don't understand what is going on. Your husband will be alright. I assure you. Once he is settled in and gets through reception you will be able to see him. He must put you on his approved visitors list first. He will be able to call you too. Rest assured all is not lost. As far as parole goes, I would advise him to stay away from trouble and get into his required classes and do well in them. That is they only way he will have a chance for parole. But he must complete 1/3 of his sentence to be eligible for parole. After your are all settled in after having your baby, try to go visit him! It helps a lot!. I try to visit my hubby every 3 months and I travel from NJ! It can be a little costly for me at times, but the anticipation of getting to see him makes it well worth it. And the time seems to pass by faster! I was there for his bday 2 weeks ago and I already have a plane ticket in hand for January. And thats not too far away. I can answer any questions you may have. Just send me a private message. Or you can ask anyone in the forum. We have all been where you are once before, and we understand. Good luck with the baby! And trust me, you will be just fine.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Missing my hubby...

I have a quick Question what is a special visitation?
Old 11-17-2011, 09:33 AM

special visitation is granted ONCE a year to an inmate. When my hubby requested special visitation I was able to visit him friday from 1-4pm AND 7-9:30pm and SAT and SUN at 8-11am, 1-4pm AND 7-9:30pm... they give you an extra slot for visitation during your visit so you can have more time together. Its very nice to get it.

Last edited by msmonie09; 11-17-2011 at 09:35 AM..
Old 03-29-2012, 03:18 PM

I have a friend that has been transferred to the USDB last week. I am wanting to find out when he will be able to contact his family, if i can write to him now even though i don't have his ID#? If anyone can help i would appreciate it.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:09 AM

I called and they gave me my hubby's number before he even called home. Try calling there.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armybamawife72 View Post
I called and they gave me my hubby's number before he even called home. Try calling there.

Thank you. His dad called and was able to get it.
The Following User Says Thank You to greenbtle For This Useful Post:
oooooreallyfoo (06-18-2012)
Old 04-02-2012, 01:55 AM

Glad u got it
Old 10-09-2012, 07:11 PM

While I did time there in the early 2000's. I assure you, the USB is a safe prison. Sure you have some knuckleheads who wanted to be a movie style inmate, the majority act just as they came. Most inmates there are only worried about doing their time and getting out. It use to piss me off that the military had us pegged as the worst of the worst and barely allowed us to have anything when nothing ever happened. While I wasn't there for the murder, I remember those guys and I'm actually surprised it happened. When I was transferred to a federal prison, I witnessed many violent acts toward other inmates. One guy had a metal shank that was practically a sword. He attacked a guy for hitting him on the head with a lock in a sock because he figured he could strong arm the old man. Needless to say, the old man did a number in him. Usdb inmates main worry as far as I'm concerned is Karen Skaggs if she's still there. Not only will she deny their mail for the silliest reasons, she has also been known to throw things away. When I was transferred I received a large shipment of books. I told her to send it to my home address but they never arrived......