Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > AUSTRALIA / NZ PRISON FORUMS > Aus/NZ Prisons - Regional Listings > New South Wales > NSW Visitation
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

NSW Visitation Information and discussion about NSW prison visitation

Old 03-31-2012, 02:09 AM

A-MA-ZING...Today when my daughter-in-law took the All Black rugby socks they were acceptable!! My son phoned us at lunch time to say that he had them...I have no idea how the system works, but it certainly isn't consistent...but, hey, as long as everything turns out okay, that's cool with me!!!
Number 8..How long do appeals usually take to reach court? We paid our lawyer in December...hopefully it will be soon, but, I guess it doesn't matter when it is...we are getting closer to the time he is free...day by day, month by month, and, unfortunately, year by year!
Had a good day today...weather [and ocean] was awesome...may go fishing tomorrow..hear there is another weather bomb coming our way.
Damn..end of daylight saving...have we had a summer!!!!
KIA kAHA
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2012, 02:53 AM

Nielsen, I found that things were accepted by post but not when I dropped them off. So yes strange.

Appeals, once it gets heard you will get a callover date, then roughly 6-8 weeks until its heard then another 6 weeks until the decision.
The Following User Says Thank You to bellie For This Useful Post:
Noeleen (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 03:10 AM

I think, Bellie, that the rules that are in place have a different interpretation for every one 'in authority'. May those who are harsh never have to go through what we are going through!!!
Kia Kaha
The Following User Says Thank You to Noeleen For This Useful Post:
number8 (04-04-2012)
Old 04-04-2012, 04:22 AM
Donation Award 

I cant recall quite how long it took to get to the Appeal Court, from memory it took about 18 months to get to the original trial, then about a year to Appeal Court and another year and some months to get to Supreme Court. The lawyer has talked about taking it further, but we are out of money, so thats a no go. Still I doubt it would make any difference for us.
But do not let that get you down. thats our story, not yours. Keep positive :-)

Regarding the socks and other things, I totally agree with your comment "May those who are harsh never have to go through what we are going through!!!" Im glad your son did get the socks in the end. That news has brightened my day!

Daylight saving ending has made itself felt, thats for sure. Coming home from work and having to put car lights on. hmm, something a bit sad about the end of summer. At least out water restrictions have been stopped... not that there is any point wateringthe garden now with the rain, lol. Gotta keep smiling.
take care
Old 04-05-2012, 04:06 AM

Have a good Easter break... Thanks for the info. regarding the appeal process. Just a waiting game, I guess.

I saw the weather forecast on Sunday...all doom and gloom, rainwise, but it didn't happen for us. Sunny and hot all week. Huge ocean swells and galeforce winds, but we stayed dry. Gisborne up the coast from us got it all !!!
Keep strong.
I know what you mean by being 'out of money'. We never thought that our retirement money would go on this type of thing...just have to keep working as the pension sure doesn't do much !!! When you become a parent you are in it 'for the long hall', you just don't know it at the time. Wouldn't change a thing, though. This has made us better people and much stronger. It has been hard on us, but particularly hard on our daughter and our son's twin brother!!
Kia Kaha