Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > Military Prison & UCMJ > Military Prison/UCMJ - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Military Prison/UCMJ - What You Need to Know Information relating to the military/UCMJ prison system. Q&A for those new to the system should be posted here.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:12 PM

Angry Have a couple of questions

My husband is in JRCF-Leavenworth. Prior to his deployment and subsequent imprisonment, he told me that I had POA, I took him at his word then found out 2 months ago that he never gave me POA (after a year and a half). I talked to his attorney and he said it was an easy process, all he had to do was go to legal and get it done. My husband wrote a month ago and said that it took time, he couldnt just go and get it done.

How long does it take to get an appt with legal aid?

How do you get a hold of someone to find out what the heck is going on with your spouse? My husband hasnt written since I told him he needed to get the POA taken care of and that was a month ago.

Also, how is everyone on this site so positive and upbeat? I'm so hurt and angry. My husband treated me like crap during his deployment and hasn't done anything to make up for it since being confined. His attorney said that they had counselors that would be available that had prison experience, despite 3 months of asking, I have yet to see or hear about anyone that I can talk to to get answers.

Please help!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2011, 10:50 PM

You're not wrong for being pissed off and upset at all... I'm prior military and so is my guy... he's serving fed right now for a stupid mistake he made after getting out of the service...

But, before your husband left for deployment, he really should have gotten the POA taken care of... it's a completely simple process, and he should have provided you and his admin department with a copy of it. Unfortunately, he dropped the ball... and I'm sure that's put you in a world of chaos... The worst part is that you can't force him to have a POA drawn up...

If he's still considered as active duty, in which most cases they are when they've been confined under UCMJ, I would certainly reach out to the legal department at whatever military installation is closest to you... they may be able to offer some options or contact Leavenworth to see what the hold-up is (back up in legal, or your husband hasn't taken any steps) and if need be, they may be able to give your husband a well-deserved swift kick in the ass.

I worked administration while I was active duty, and had to deal with similar situations... I hope things work out for you... Best of luck to you!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HazelEyez305 For This Useful Post:
Bizeboo (03-31-2012), Imani (04-15-2012)
Old 03-29-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldiersWife05 View Post
My husband is in JRCF-Leavenworth. Prior to his deployment and subsequent imprisonment, he told me that I had POA, I took him at his word then found out 2 months ago that he never gave me POA (after a year and a half). I talked to his attorney and he said it was an easy process, all he had to do was go to legal and get it done. My husband wrote a month ago and said that it took time, he couldnt just go and get it done.

How long does it take to get an appt with legal aid?

How do you get a hold of someone to find out what the heck is going on with your spouse? My husband hasnt written since I told him he needed to get the POA taken care of and that was a month ago.

Also, how is everyone on this site so positive and upbeat? I'm so hurt and angry. My husband treated me like crap during his deployment and hasn't done anything to make up for it since being confined. His attorney said that they had counselors that would be available that had prison experience, despite 3 months of asking, I have yet to see or hear about anyone that I can talk to to get answers.

Please help!
hey listen my name is spc watkins i can help u with what u are wanting to know and i also know the names of the people you need to talk to up there call me or text me anytime please PM member with this info my name is brandon

Last edited by MissVal1920; 04-15-2012 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: removed personal information