Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MONTANA > Montana Member Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Montana Member Introductions Please post your introduction here if you are involved with the Montana prison system.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:07 PM
HEHOLDSTHEKEYTOMYHEART

Arrow Florida Girl With Montana Husband

I am brand new to this site and I am trying to figure out all of this. Here I create websites but having difficulty working my way around this one. I am going through so many emotions that it is driving me crazy! I am suppose to fly to Montana on the 6th of January. Now the prison is telling me that I might not get to see my husband while I am up there! I am so frustrated! They still have him in the reception unit because they do not have the beds. It does not seem fair that we have to suffer more and with me traveling all that way they won't allow any visits. I really need to see my husband. It's been since Oct.17th since I've seen him. We were apart for our 1 year anniversary, Thanksgiving and of course Christmas and so on. I'm just sad.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2011, 11:55 AM

My husband is also at reception in MSP. He got there Nov 2nd after spending 5 1/2 months in Flathead county waiting sentencing.I am in Cali. My oldest daughter and I were able to get a 45 min threw glass visit in July when we went to one of his court hearings that I was told I would be aloud to address the judge. Ya lieing creeps. This is my husbands 5th go at Msp and he tells me that he hears that fishrow time is about 75 days right now. In my experience of the last 7 months with this state. Wait is the best advice I can give. Make sure he has money on his phone and books and well pray. I have nothing nice to say about Montana, as I am from Cali and things here are so very different. Montana is a world of its own. I wish you all the luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppyluv View Post
I am brand new to this site and I am trying to figure out all of this. Here I create websites but having difficulty working my way around this one. I am going through so many emotions that it is driving me crazy! I am suppose to fly to Montana on the 6th of January. Now the prison is telling me that I might not get to see my husband while I am up there! I am so frustrated! They still have him in the reception unit because they do not have the beds. It does not seem fair that we have to suffer more and with me traveling all that way they won't allow any visits. I really need to see my husband. It's been since Oct.17th since I've seen him. We were apart for our 1 year anniversary, Thanksgiving and of course Christmas and so on. I'm just sad.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dragon409 For This Useful Post:
puppyluv (12-30-2011)
Old 12-30-2011, 02:28 PM
HEHOLDSTHEKEYTOMYHEART

Wow! You are so right! Montana is a world of it's own and lot's of corruption! My husband is right at his 75 day mark and now they are saying it is taking up to 90 days or more. I am waiting, but I made my airline ticket reservations on word of the Reception Unit Manager. I leave on the 6th, so I'm hoping that it is not a wasted trip and money with not getting to see him. On the positive side I am meeting with many different people and organizations about his case and the corruption. I make sure he has money on the phone..that is what helps us get through this! He is reading lots of books from the library. Did you know they changed the mail rules December 12th? They are not allowing bookstores to mail any books or bibles into the them. They said give them money and they can purchase what they have from the prison. They are returning the Christmas card that I sent him because it is three fold. I and our families have had so much mail returned, it's unbelievable!! Thank you for taking the time to reply to me! I wish you all the luck also!!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:42 AM

I have seen this strory too many times. One family flew in from Florida to Helena, rented a car, drove to Deer Lodge and rented a room on the word of the parole board and was told they had desided to hold his parole board hearing 2 weeks early. This is the caliber of people thar work for the parole board: No reguard for anyone just what ever they deside to do. Kind of puts Vigilanties in mind ? We $790,000.00 per year for that service.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swobby For This Useful Post:
meauburn2011 (01-25-2012), puppyluv (01-21-2012)
Old 01-18-2012, 07:12 AM

Thanked 3,277 Times in 1,648 Posts

They did just change the rule on mail and sending books in. They have to buy books themselves and you can't order publications for them anymore either I don't think. They have the new mail policy listed on the DOC site if you want to look at it. They're also usually in reception for about 90 days. There's nothing you can do about it if they don't have space. I know it sucks
Old 01-19-2012, 08:38 PM

The book changes will be interesting: The new rule is if they are autherized to buy a book and it is rejected by the person that looks at books the get a 100% credit. Un like now where the inmate is just out the money. Sounds good but as you well know they run the prison by decree not by rules.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:58 PM

Thanked 3,277 Times in 1,648 Posts

They have catalogs from Edward R. Hamilton and the rule is there can't be any nudity even scientific from what I understand. My love's been able to order books without issue so far!
Old 01-21-2012, 12:36 AM
HEHOLDSTHEKEYTOMYHEART

I have been able to see my husband... They transferred him out of the reception unit the day before I flew out. I fly back home to Florida this Tuesday. I'm gonna miss him so much.....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puppyluv For This Useful Post:
lil peep (01-21-2012), meauburn2011 (01-25-2012)
Old 01-27-2012, 09:13 AM

I'm so glad you were able to visit with your husband. My son was just transferred out of Montana and back to PA after 4 years in MSP. 5 months ago he was transferred to Shelby correctional, just a week before his parole hearing, which delayed the hearing for about a month. He got his parole and is now serving his federal sentence in PA, which, thankfully, is closer to us.
We learned a very hard lesson that I would like to pass on. When he left Shelby he had to pack up his personal belongings and ship them home to me. Long story short, when the package arrived a MONTH later the box was smashed and re-taped several times and most of the items were missing, which included his entire discovery package, a TV, booklight and several other personal items, (which is the reason the box was smashed...there was nothing in the box to support the sides). He paid $25 to ship the package and when it arrived here I weighed it and it only weighed 4.12 lbs!
I called the facility and was able to talk to the supervisor that packaged his items and then had my son sign the inventory sheet. He confirmed that all the items I mentioned were in the package and he told me he felt the items were taken after they left his facility.
I called him back the next day and asked him to send me a copy of the inventory sheet he was reading off of the day before and guess what.....he couldn't find it!
There's more to the story but I won't bore u with it . However, my reason for telling you is to let you and others know that if your loved one has a package to mail home, make sure that they get it insured or at least have a tracking number on the package. My son didn't know that he could request one.
I realize that we may never see his items again and from what I've discovered so far it looks like the package was tampered with before it left the facility.

I'll pray for you and your hubby. Our situations are tough ones to overcome but stay close through letters and phone calls and encourage him to try and stay positive. I always signed my letters "I Love you more today than I did Yesterday" and "Inch by inch Life's a cinch, Yard by yard Life his hard". :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to mld99 For This Useful Post:
puppyluv (03-19-2012)
Old 01-28-2012, 03:03 PM

I hope you will keep all the evidence you have on the shipping problem. My son is getting ready to leave Shelby and he is shipping some stuff that I really want for futher reference and I have feeling it too will be destroyed and we will be able to show a pattern of misconduct.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:34 PM

Yes, Swobby, I'm keeping everything and have also take pictures of the box and the contents. I talked to them again yesterday and they still haven't found the inventory log. They are still trying to blame it on the postal service, imagine that. I'm calling his attorney on Monday and also the warden and the supervisor of the warehouse supervisor....
Just make sure that your son asks for a copy of his inventory sheet to mail home and also get the package insured or at least get a tracking No. on it. A tracking # should only cost about .70. He may not have a problem because I've made so many phone calls and they might be extra careful
Good luck to you and your son and please let me know how he makes out
Linda
Old 01-31-2012, 01:30 PM

So far so good. The first box just wrrived intact.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:26 PM

Good...I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next one :-) I'm still trying to get answers and am writing a certified letter to the warden.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:10 PM

Through some of the past experiences I am sure that things get corrected without them acknowlaging the wrongs they do. By us blogging here and conversations they listen to when we find out they are breaking the law they change what they are doing without saying anything. My son's box got here in very good condition.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Keithsgirl

Default Let's stick together; Knowledge is power

Old 03-07-2012, 04:31 PM

My son is gone from Shelby with less than a year to do for the fed's. It is gift. His state charges were so bogas the federal judge cut his federal time by 3/4 and that sure chaps the DOC.
The Following User Says Thank You to swobby For This Useful Post:
meauburn2011 (03-09-2012)
Old 03-19-2012, 11:18 AM
HEHOLDSTHEKEYTOMYHEART

Sorry everyone, I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to be on here...... Thank you mld99, swobby and meaburn2011. There are those of us that have been busy fighting for the inmates in Montana. There is even a website for those that are interested. Message me. I'm so glad to hear about those that are moved from Shelby. We are going to make a difference!

Old 03-23-2012, 08:42 PM

Have all of you gone to the website dedicated to the Montana DOC?
www.montanacorruption.org You should so you can see what we are really up against.
The Following User Says Thank You to swobby For This Useful Post:
Lady Bull59 (11-20-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Keithsgirl

Default Website dedicated to Montana DOC

I have been reading it and thank you for posting the link! I plan on spreading the word as much as possible.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:41 PM

Hi, my name is Becca Cornell. My husband was arrested on Saturday for a warrant that never appeared online for absconding on a misdemeanor probation violation from almost 2 years ago. Long story short, his ex-wife has connections in the small town they lived in, and had him arrested on false battery charges. The sheriff in this small Montana town told my husband after he did his 90 days in jail to leave the state of Montana and make something of himself elsewhere - which lead to his leaving behind a 2 year old daughter. We called this same sheriff, the clerks office, the probation officer, the judge in the case, and checked all online sites for warrants that didn't exist before making the 2000 mile trip from Indiana where we reside and operate a restaurant. The law in this town still arrested him within minutes of our arrival and I don't know what I can do to fix this. I can't afford for him to spend jail time - we have a restaurant to run back home!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:47 PM
Ex-Prisoner
Donation Award 

It sounds like he already served his 90-days and was placed on probation, correct? So its not a Failure to Appear or anything, right?

If so, a mere misdemeanor probation violation shouldn't cost too much to bail out on. Just pay for his bail and get the hell out of the state and don't look back. Hardly any state will extradite over a misdemeanor warrant in another state. Just leave Montana and don't ever come back.