Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Indiana Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Indiana prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:36 PM

Default When can they call?

My son just got moved to Branchville on Friday. I put money on a phone account so it is all setup. We haven't heard from him since his 1 minute phone call to tell us he was there. How long does it take for them to be able to call? I know he would call us or his girlfriend, and none of us have heard from him. Does it take awhile before he can call? Really need to hear his voice, and know he's okay!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2012, 11:18 AM

My husband is at branchville as well. After i received his 1 min free call, i put money on the account within 3 days and he started calling me. Hopefully you will hear from him soon, but it is your responsibility to let him know that money is on account. So if you havent wrote to him or if he has no way of realizing that the money is available, i would send him a letter asap.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:34 PM

Thanks ssks. I told him when he called that I would put money on an account ASAP, and I'm sure he's probably tried to call. I finally talked to someone at Branchville, and the not-so-nice lady said I had to wait until his call list was approved, whatever that means.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:39 PM

IIt means he had to submit a list of names and numbers and they will approve him calling the people on the list or not approve of them. I am not sure what reasons they would disapprove of for. But that is what it means. The lady was not nice to you? I have called several times and they have all been pretty nice to me. I am going for my 1st visit on friday, so i am kinda nervous about that...
The Following User Says Thank You to ssks For This Useful Post:
addiesgram (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 03:45 PM

Well please let me know how your visit goes. Me and my son's girlfriend are hoping we can visit by next weekend. This weekend would be great, but it is highly unlikely they will receive and process our visitation request forms before then. My son has a 6 year old daughter, and I wanted to see what it was like before I approach her mother about letting her go see her daddy. I've heard it is pretty nice considering, but not sure how it would be for a 6 year old. She misses him terribly though so I'm hoping it will work out.
Try not to be nervous, and just concentrate on the fact that you will be able to give him a big hug and kiss!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:47 PM

They have been processing the visitation forms quickly. I live in illinois and sent mine on Thursday and the following Tuesday or Wednesday I was approved. I will let you know how it went though. This is new to me as I have never stepped foot into a prison, but I figure if I follow the rules and be nice to them, then it will be just fine. Just ready to see my husband!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:09 PM

Usually they can at least call once a day if not more. Maybe it just had to be approved. Bringing a child to visit is great for the child and the offender. I'm sure she just wants to see her dad and she won't care where it is that she gets to see him!