Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prisons & Jails > Louisiana DOC Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Louisiana DOC Prisons Topics and discussion specific to Louisiana DOC prisons.

Old 08-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Very involved in prisons

Default Avoyelles Parish Simmesport Correctional (Women's Prison)

Does anyone know anybody there?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2005, 04:25 PM
just waiting

I just know about Avoyelles CC for men.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:32 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty723
I just know about Avoyelles CC for men.
My Daughter is in the simmesport correctional center
Old 01-22-2007, 02:44 PM

Default daughter at simmesport

I believe my daughter will be transferred to Simmesport. What do you know about this facility? Will she be able to complete her GED, college, or some sort of training?
Old 02-03-2007, 02:59 PM

There are programs there, such as GED... they used to have a Bible college, but i am not sure if they still do. As for opportunities, ther aren't nearly enough for women on the inside anywhere in Louisiana with the exception of St. Gabriel... and that is so sad. Men have all the opportunities to learn trades and get college degrees and the women are left out in the cold. I am speaking from experience! simmesport isn't the worst place she could be though, so don't be too worried. Maybe look into correspondence schools....
Old 02-10-2007, 02:43 PM

Default avoyelles simmesport correctional center

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownGirl
my daughter was there for about 1yr and they just transferred her to st.gabriel (LCIW).what do u want to know about i can try to help you.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:34 PM

My question was premature. Found out my daughter was transferred from Plain Dealing just this morning. We have been told she will be "stationed?" at either Simmesport or St. Gabriel. They will tell me tomorrow morning. I'll check back then, and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. Thank you all for being here.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:17 AM

Ok... my daughter is at Simmesport. What determines which facility they're sent to? I hear there are many more programs, etc. at St. Gabriel. (It's also so close to my home.) Is there anything she can do or I can do that might influence her transfer? Or, is there even much difference between Simmesport and St. Gabriel? I was able to speak with her only briefly. She's writing to tell me what I can send and when I can visit. Trying not to, but am really worried about her and about being able to afford the things she needs. If you think of any "whatever you do, don't send ___" or "be sure you get her a whatever," I'd appreciate the advice.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Elizabeth

There is not much you can do about where she will end up. You can call where she is now and request but I haven't been very successful with that and I'm not sure many people have.

As far as the what you can and cannot send.. it depends on the facility. I've dealt with about 5 facilities now and every one has been different.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:14 AM

Default re:simmesport womens

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpatterson
Ok... my daughter is at Simmesport. What determines which facility they're sent to? I hear there are many more programs, etc. at St. Gabriel. (It's also so close to my home.) Is there anything she can do or I can do that might influence her transfer? Or, is there even much difference between Simmesport and St. Gabriel? I was able to speak with her only briefly. She's writing to tell me what I can send and when I can visit. Trying not to, but am really worried about her and about being able to afford the things she needs. If you think of any "whatever you do, don't send ___" or "be sure you get her a whatever," I'd appreciate the advice.
well my daughter was in avoyelles simmesport womens for about a yr i believe but now is in st.gabriel,she has been in rayville,bossier parish correctional,avoyelles and now st.gabriel.the stuff you can and cannot sent varies sometimes you can send stuff then they change the rules so it depends on the warden sometimes i guess.i do understand that some girls were getting things in the mail that weren't legal if you know what i mean so then it stops the stuff you can send so you will have to call the place first i guess.the store is very highly priced.if you need to know anything else and i can help just let me know.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:08 PM

Sunshine, we could be related! My daughter has been a guest of the very same facilites. I mailed a 40 pound care package from the Simmesport Post Office on Friday. Drove it there so she would get it on the same day. She's called a few times and seemed okay. I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to get a pre-paid phone account, rather than her calling collect to our home phone (BellSouth). What do ya'll think? I can't seem to find the phone company Evercom. Anyone know?
Old 06-05-2007, 05:16 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpatterson
Sunshine, we could be related! My daughter has been a guest of the very same facilites. I mailed a 40 pound care package from the Simmesport Post Office on Friday. Drove it there so she would get it on the same day. She's called a few times and seemed okay. I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to get a pre-paid phone account, rather than her calling collect to our home phone (BellSouth). What do ya'll think? I can't seem to find the phone company Evercom. Anyone know?
Hi Is your daughter in saint gabriel now?mine is.she is just so far from home and im missing her so much my heart aches.but i think maybe you should check out the pre-paid thing.but i have verizon and its not to bad she only call 1-2 times a month and its ok.but write me back ok.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:29 PM

My sister was just transferred to Simmesport from a parish jail. Please tell me as much as you can about the facility.
Is it clean, what's the setup, are they able to work, do they get to go outside, are visits behind a glass or open, what's the commissary like, is there drama, is it min-med-max?
Thanks!
Old 05-09-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpatterson View Post

I dont think evercom is dealing with them anymore. My sister has been at Rapides Parish & is currently at Avoyelles Parish Cottonport facility. We have found that it is cheaper for her to buy the pre paid phone cards and to use City Tele Coin. You can google the name and find the phone number to call them about more information and the address to mail a money order to.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:10 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownGirl View Post
I know some-one at avoyelles
Old 07-05-2010, 06:15 PM

does anyone know much about cottonport?
Old 03-06-2012, 07:01 PM
jase1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelcmae82 View Post
I dont think evercom is dealing with them anymore. My sister has been at Rapides Parish & is currently at Avoyelles Parish Cottonport facility. We have found that it is cheaper for her to buy the pre paid phone cards and to use City Tele Coin. You can google the name and find the phone number to call them about more information and the address to mail a money order to.
my wife is in there and I live NM and use city tele coin the phone calls cost 18.37 for 15 min
Old 07-12-2012, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownGirl View Post
i have someone in there just wondering how the place is? could they get a ged or anything to better themself?