Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Arkansas Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Arkansas prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2011, 01:48 PM
juniorflipper juniorflipper is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montana, US
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Info on phone calls?

I'm trying to get calls from a friend who is in prison. Can anyone tell me what I need to do and how much it costs?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-01-2011, 08:23 PM
ThaMissesMorgan's Avatar
ThaMissesMorgan ThaMissesMorgan is offline
Mz.Morgan4Life
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

He has to add u on his phone list first. If he adds your cell number u will have to set up a prepay account when he calls you. You can add money wit a debit/credit card no less than $25. If he adds your house phone you can charge them to your bill or pay when he calls. I hope this helps. If u have anymore questions let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-04-2012, 08:38 PM
tim105 tim105 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: arkansas usa
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My son went to Diangnostic this past week will he be able to call home, if so how long would it be?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-05-2012, 04:16 AM
jmanning's Avatar
jmanning jmanning is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Harrison Ar
Posts: 444
Thanks: 336
Thanked 323 Times in 159 Posts
Default

He will send you a form to fill out for phone and visititation. But he will send that only after he gets to his parent unit.
__________________
Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle... rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.




My two children, Tinkerbell and Sam
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-05-2012, 07:33 PM
jmanning's Avatar
jmanning jmanning is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Harrison Ar
Posts: 444
Thanks: 336
Thanked 323 Times in 159 Posts
Default

Once my husband got to his parent unit and I recevied and sent back the form it was about 7 weeks.
Your welcome.
__________________
Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle... rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.




My two children, Tinkerbell and Sam
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-03-2013, 01:23 PM
brightflashes brightflashes is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Central AR, USA
Posts: 10
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Just wanted to update this and say that, at least at Cummins, the wait time from mailing in visitation forms to being approved for phone calls is still more than 30 days. The papers say that it could be as short as a week, but the visitation clerk says more than 30 days. Just wanted to make sure this was updated in case anyone was wondering if the information was current.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-04-2013, 01:20 PM
flash_82 flash_82 is offline
dbwifey
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: AR
Posts: 53
Thanks: 4
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

My husband sent the form from the intake unit before he ever got to his parent unit. However they didn't process it until he got to parent unit.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-13-2013, 10:35 PM
brightflashes brightflashes is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Central AR, USA
Posts: 10
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just got approved for visitation for my pen pal, but I haven't gotten on the call list though I hear that it will take about 3-4 days after approval for visitation. For some reason I figured that would be instant, but oh well. So, I'm using the prepay service (where you have to add money first before they can call) and I wondered how the calls work. When I am on his call list and he calls, will he only have 15 minutes or is the call unlimited? And if it's only 15 minutes, how much does a 15 minute phone call cost through the prepay service? I am also a student and may use some information gleaned from him in various psychology classes, so I need to know how to report my budget for that.

My bad- didn't specify he's at Cummins and I'll be calling from central AR area.

Last edited by brightflashes; 05-13-2013 at 10:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-15-2013, 09:56 PM
officeremily's Avatar
officeremily officeremily is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arkansas, US
Posts: 375
Thanks: 17
Thanked 83 Times in 70 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightflashes
I just got approved for visitation for my pen pal, but I haven't gotten on the call list though I hear that it will take about 3-4 days after approval for visitation. For some reason I figured that would be instant, but oh well. So, I'm using the prepay service (where you have to add money first before they can call) and I wondered how the calls work. When I am on his call list and he calls, will he only have 15 minutes or is the call unlimited? And if it's only 15 minutes, how much does a 15 minute phone call cost through the prepay service? I am also a student and may use some information gleaned from him in various psychology classes, so I need to know how to report my budget for that.

My bad- didn't specify he's at Cummins and I'll be calling from central AR area.
Yes the calls are only 15 minutes. Sad right? Lol but they can call as many times as they want.
For ADC the prices are the same everywhere in Arkansas. (A little higher for out of state) right now I pay 5 dollars and some change. I wish I could remember exactly.
Just a pointer, it's a teeny bit cheaper if you out money on the phone account through the ADC website rather than directly through GTL (the phone company). But if you won't be talking a whole lot, you may not even notice a difference. I spend around $400/month on calls, so every little but helps with me. Lol
Anyways, if you have any other questions, feel free to message me! Good luck with everything!
__________________
"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly embracing each other..."
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to officeremily For This Useful Post:
brightflashes (05-16-2013)
  #10  
Old 05-22-2013, 10:22 AM
brightflashes brightflashes is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Central AR, USA
Posts: 10
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeremily View Post
Yes the calls are only 15 minutes. Sad right? Lol but they can call as many times as they want.
For ADC the prices are the same everywhere in Arkansas. (A little higher for out of state) right now I pay 5 dollars and some change. I wish I could remember exactly.
Just a pointer, it's a teeny bit cheaper if you out money on the phone account through the ADC website rather than directly through GTL (the phone company). But if you won't be talking a whole lot, you may not even notice a difference. I spend around $400/month on calls, so every little but helps with me. Lol
Anyways, if you have any other questions, feel free to message me! Good luck with everything!
If you don't mind, if I don't find out with me and my friend sooner, could you let me know when you find out how much it costs you per call? I'm just trying to make sure that I put enough money in for the amount of calls that we'll need to correspond for now. Thanks so much! If anyone else knows about how much it costs per pre-pay phone calls for each 15 minutes, let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-27-2013, 05:22 PM
brightflashes brightflashes is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Central AR, USA
Posts: 10
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightflashes View Post
If you don't mind, if I don't find out with me and my friend sooner, could you let me know when you find out how much it costs you per call? I'm just trying to make sure that I put enough money in for the amount of calls that we'll need to correspond for now. Thanks so much! If anyone else knows about how much it costs per pre-pay phone calls for each 15 minutes, let me know.
I found out through my pen pal that it costs $5.50/15 minute call. This is current as of Friday, May 24, 2013.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:34 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2013 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics