Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Arkansas Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Arkansas prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:48 PM

Default Info on phone calls?

I'm trying to get calls from a friend who is in prison. Can anyone tell me what I need to do and how much it costs?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Mz.Morgan4Life

He has to add u on his phone list first. If he adds your cell number u will have to set up a prepay account when he calls you. You can add money wit a debit/credit card no less than $25. If he adds your house phone you can charge them to your bill or pay when he calls. I hope this helps. If u have anymore questions let me know.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:38 PM

My son went to Diangnostic this past week will he be able to call home, if so how long would it be?
Old 03-05-2012, 04:16 AM

He will send you a form to fill out for phone and visititation. But he will send that only after he gets to his parent unit.

My two children, Tinkerbell and Sam
Old 03-05-2012, 07:33 PM

Once my husband got to his parent unit and I recevied and sent back the form it was about 7 weeks.
Your welcome.

My two children, Tinkerbell and Sam
Old 05-03-2013, 01:23 PM

Just wanted to update this and say that, at least at Cummins, the wait time from mailing in visitation forms to being approved for phone calls is still more than 30 days. The papers say that it could be as short as a week, but the visitation clerk says more than 30 days. Just wanted to make sure this was updated in case anyone was wondering if the information was current.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:20 PM
dbwifey

My husband sent the form from the intake unit before he ever got to his parent unit. However they didn't process it until he got to parent unit.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:35 PM

I just got approved for visitation for my pen pal, but I haven't gotten on the call list though I hear that it will take about 3-4 days after approval for visitation. For some reason I figured that would be instant, but oh well. So, I'm using the prepay service (where you have to add money first before they can call) and I wondered how the calls work. When I am on his call list and he calls, will he only have 15 minutes or is the call unlimited? And if it's only 15 minutes, how much does a 15 minute phone call cost through the prepay service? I am also a student and may use some information gleaned from him in various psychology classes, so I need to know how to report my budget for that.

My bad- didn't specify he's at Cummins and I'll be calling from central AR area.

Last edited by brightflashes; 05-13-2013 at 10:38 PM..
Old 05-15-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightflashes
I just got approved for visitation for my pen pal, but I haven't gotten on the call list though I hear that it will take about 3-4 days after approval for visitation. For some reason I figured that would be instant, but oh well. So, I'm using the prepay service (where you have to add money first before they can call) and I wondered how the calls work. When I am on his call list and he calls, will he only have 15 minutes or is the call unlimited? And if it's only 15 minutes, how much does a 15 minute phone call cost through the prepay service? I am also a student and may use some information gleaned from him in various psychology classes, so I need to know how to report my budget for that.

My bad- didn't specify he's at Cummins and I'll be calling from central AR area.
Yes the calls are only 15 minutes. Sad right? Lol but they can call as many times as they want.
For ADC the prices are the same everywhere in Arkansas. (A little higher for out of state) right now I pay 5 dollars and some change. I wish I could remember exactly.
Just a pointer, it's a teeny bit cheaper if you out money on the phone account through the ADC website rather than directly through GTL (the phone company). But if you won't be talking a whole lot, you may not even notice a difference. I spend around $400/month on calls, so every little but helps with me. Lol
Anyways, if you have any other questions, feel free to message me! Good luck with everything!
brightflashes (05-16-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeremily View Post
Yes the calls are only 15 minutes. Sad right? Lol but they can call as many times as they want.
For ADC the prices are the same everywhere in Arkansas. (A little higher for out of state) right now I pay 5 dollars and some change. I wish I could remember exactly.
Just a pointer, it's a teeny bit cheaper if you out money on the phone account through the ADC website rather than directly through GTL (the phone company). But if you won't be talking a whole lot, you may not even notice a difference. I spend around $400/month on calls, so every little but helps with me. Lol
Anyways, if you have any other questions, feel free to message me! Good luck with everything!
If you don't mind, if I don't find out with me and my friend sooner, could you let me know when you find out how much it costs you per call? I'm just trying to make sure that I put enough money in for the amount of calls that we'll need to correspond for now. Thanks so much! If anyone else knows about how much it costs per pre-pay phone calls for each 15 minutes, let me know.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightflashes View Post
If you don't mind, if I don't find out with me and my friend sooner, could you let me know when you find out how much it costs you per call? I'm just trying to make sure that I put enough money in for the amount of calls that we'll need to correspond for now. Thanks so much! If anyone else knows about how much it costs per pre-pay phone calls for each 15 minutes, let me know.
I found out through my pen pal that it costs $5.50/15 minute call. This is current as of Friday, May 24, 2013.