Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison Visitation
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Arkansas Prison Visitation This forum is for questions & discussions related to visitation in Arkansas facilities.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:30 PM

Default 1st time visit

i'm getting nervous at just the thought that i will be visiting my LO at the Cummins Unit in 2 weeks, I haven't seen him in 2 maybe 3 years. Does anyone know what I should expect as for as the checking in process. Do the officers treat you respectfully? How early should I get there? Thanks for reading!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2012, 11:13 PM

Okay so visitation starts at like what... 11:00? I forget the exact time. Lol anyways... People start lining up an hour sometimes two ahead of time. If you're the first person there you get the most time. They just send you in in the order you're in line. So I would suggest being early. Don't take anything I with you that could slow down the process of getting you in. If you have to go through the metal detector more than once, it will slow you down. So... My advice... Don't wear a belt or earrings. Or anything metal for that matter. It's not like he will even notice. =) also take in ONLY your ID and money for snacks. That's it. Nothing else. The guards are usually very nice on visitation day. They know you are anxious to see your loved one, so they try to take it easy on you. You will have to I through a metal detector and have a slight pat down. They will also take your fingerprint and take a picture of your face that they will go by everyone you visit in the future. Hope that helped a little and I hope you have a great visit!!
kgirl1502 (03-03-2012)
Old 03-03-2012, 11:20 AM

aww thanks officeremily for responding but i guess you are saying i better look cute for the picture lol have you ever personally gone to the cummins unit for a visitaion? Just curious
Old 03-03-2012, 11:20 AM

the one thing i'm nervous about the most i think would be getting lost
Old 03-04-2012, 10:03 PM

No the only one I've been to is Pine Bluff unit. My fiancé said that all the visits are the same though. He's been there and everywhere else before. He actually might be headed to cummins this time around too. What do you mean get lost? Trying to find it?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:00 AM
dbwifey

I've been to cummins, but it's been about 10 years ago. I didn't have any problem finding it. I just always printed off directions. In the days of gps, you should be able to put the address on and go. Also, make sure you don't have anything in your cat that's not allowed there. In case of vehicle searches, it makes it easier. I was denied visitation a few years ago at newport because of unopened alcohol. If I remember correctly, visits start at 12.