Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MONTANA > Montana Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Montana Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Montana should be posted here.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:24 PM

Default Montana Probation Question

I have a friend here in Montana who is presently on probation. He has tried everything to get a job, but they either won't hire him because he's a convicted felon, or they are hiring right now.

His probation officer is now telling him that he only has a few days left to find or job, or he will be violated, and sent to prison?

Is that legal?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2012, 05:20 PM

Legal doesn’t count with parole and probation officers. They do what they want and the prison is happy to collect the money from the taxpayers. The parole board paroles people at the will of the different agencies not by records and behavior. If they want more people in the system he will go back no matter what he does. If they can revoke a parolee for having a heart attack then no one is safe.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:10 PM

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,664 Posts

Usually I don't think they violate people for that, but it might depend on the terms of his probation. I think they can. How long has he been out? They might take a variety of factors into account like where he's staying, whether he has support or not...I'm just thinking out loud. It probably also depends on the PO.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:46 PM

We only speak out about the ones we can verify.The heart attack is very real. Failier to give 7 days notice he was also bared from eating at Windy's :Was not allowed to have cell phone or a car; but had to get to work every day and his pastor was not allowed to transport him.You think they might have had a gruge against him?
Old 01-26-2012, 02:01 PM

Unhappy

I dont think the DOJ employees are smart enough to think out something like a grudge. Mostly I have come to believe that they get their rocks off by power playing over those who do not have the means to fight back. In plane terms they are just like playground bully's.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:35 PM

Just how many people did you go to school or college with that had a goal of working in a prison?
Old 01-31-2012, 10:58 PM

I have over the last 35 years dealt with in a number of different situations with a number of different DOJ employees from a beat cop to Correctional officers to Sheriffs officers to Judges to I even worked in a County Jail working directly with inmates and Correctional officers. My brother is a highway patrol officer and a US Marine. My grandfather and Uncle were Sheriffs officers and my uncle was a CO at Folsom Prison. These are all DOJ here in California. I stood toe to toe with Dave Edwards of Flathead County Probation. The attitude I have received from those in Montana DOJ that I have spoken with was just as I stated. So I stand by my opinion. There are exceptions to this generalized opinion but they are few. California DOJ and those I have dealt with in Montana have the same attitude. My husband is not perfect and has done his fair share of wrong. But this time the law was broken by those who are paid to uphold it.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:51 PM

Thanks for your input dragon409. It seems like if they have an empty bed the powers to be call up the parole officers and tell they we need some paying customers and off some one goes. The frustration is about all a normal person can handle .