Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas City and County Jail Forums > Harris County & Houston City Jails - Texas
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 08:25 AM

Default SATF-Peden Houston, Tx

I am looking for information on the SATF-Peden in Houston. I have been very unsuccessful in my online searches. The information posted is very basic, no details on the programs or release, success rate or anything relative.

If anyone knows anything at all about this place please get with me. I am concerned about my husband being here because of what he tells me in his letters. He is not one to exagerate, so I believe him. When I call the facility I can not get any information from them either.

Distraught and concerned...

SusieZ
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2011, 11:44 AM

Is this the one on Preston in downtown Houston? My husband was there for 3 months and did well, but I'm not sure this is the facility you are asking about.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:10 PM

corner of san jacinto and baker. across from county jail at 701 san jac.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:35 PM

My husband is at SATF- Peden. By now you probably have all of the information you need, but just in case, this is what I know so far...

No books or magazines can be sent unless they are inspirational, spiritual or self-help related

Visitation only begins after they have finished the first phase of the program (typically 30 days) and then it depends on what floor they are on as to when you can visit. The inmate will have to advise you of the date. When you visit, it's from 1-3pm. 1-2 is group session with inmates on one side of the room and visitors on the other. 2-3 the inmate can come over and you visit personally (you can even hug and kiss)

Within the 1st two weeks they can receive a package that includes:

7 pair of white socks
7 pair of white underwear
7 white t-shirts
2 thermal shirts
1 pair shower shoes
2 pair of tennis shoes (cannot be solid blue nor solid red)
2 plain navy blue t-shirts
2 pair navy blue p.t. shorts (long phsical therapy shorts)
1 gray sweatshirt (no hood)
1 gray sweatpants

After the initial 2 weeks, if they haven't received the pkg they'll have to wear whatever they have there at the facility however you can get an extension if you call up there (713.368.2800)

To put money on their books, you have to send a USPS money order with his name and spn# in the "to field." He/she gives it to their CO who deposits the funds for them to use. They put in their order for commissary items on Mondays and receive the goods on Thursdays. They are limited to 21 items at any one time. Sharing and exchanging are frowned upon so it's every person for themselves.

Telephone privileges don't start until sometime after the initial 30 days. The inmate will need a phone card however, when they call you there is no privacy. Their counselor is listening to the call.

It goes without saying, you should use discretion when dressing for your visit. Restrictions include:
women must wear proper foundation garments (aka - bra and panties)
dresses/skirts - hemlines must be at or below the knee
no plunging necklines
shirts/blouses must have sleeves
no tank tops
no gang identified clothing
no purses allowed into the facility
no outside food or drinks allowed into the facility

When writing letters, you must use a plain envelope....no drawing or graffiti allowed on the envelopes or it will be returned to sender or discarded

I hope this helps...although I realize by now you may have already received the information you were looking for.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris' Ladybug For This Useful Post:
i<3fabi (12-12-2011)
Old 07-12-2011, 09:50 AM

Thank you for taking the time to write all that out, but yeah I already knew about that stuff. Already got it all handled. Didn't know about the phone card though, because I was told he would be able to make a direct call.

I have him working on a schedule of his exact day and meals etc. What is bothering me most is that they do not offer any of the classes he was ordered to take, so what's the point in being there??
Old 08-04-2011, 07:09 PM

My husband is about to start the SATF program but he is still waiting to get in. do y'all know how long it usually takes? or just how long it took for your men to get in? his lawyer (court appointed) told me a week but im not so sure he is telling me the truth. thanks!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:14 PM

Default hello

hi my husband went through the same thing and the court appointed said one week and he waited four.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljones1108 View Post
My husband is about to start the SATF program but he is still waiting to get in. do y'all know how long it usually takes? or just how long it took for your men to get in? his lawyer (court appointed) told me a week but im not so sure he is telling me the truth. thanks!
hi my husband went through the same thing court appointed lied he waited 4 weeks.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:08 PM

When my husband was was there it took about a month to be moved there and he shouldn't need a phone card because my husband didn't need one.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:42 PM

Default Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris' Ladybug View Post
My husband is at SATF- Peden. By now you probably have all of the information you need, but just in case, this is what I know so far...

No books or magazines can be sent unless they are inspirational, spiritual or self-help related

Visitation only begins after they have finished the first phase of the program (typically 30 days) and then it depends on what floor they are on as to when you can visit. The inmate will have to advise you of the date. When you visit, it's from 1-3pm. 1-2 is group session with inmates on one side of the room and visitors on the other. 2-3 the inmate can come over and you visit personally (you can even hug and kiss)

Within the 1st two weeks they can receive a package that includes:

7 pair of white socks
7 pair of white underwear
7 white t-shirts
2 thermal shirts
1 pair shower shoes
2 plain navy blue t-shirts
1 gray sweatpants

After the initial 2 weeks, if they haven't received the pkg they'll have to wear whatever they have there at the facility however you can get an extension if you call up there (713.368.2800)

To put money on their books, you have to send a USPS money order with his name and spn# in the "to field." He/she gives it to their CO who deposits the funds for them to use. They put in their order for commissary items on Mondays and receive the goods on Thursdays. They are limited to 21 items at any one time. Sharing and exchanging are frowned upon so it's every person for themselves.

Telephone privileges don't start until sometime after the initial 30 days. The inmate will need a phone card however, when they call you there is no privacy. Their counselor is listening to the call.

It goes without saying, you should use discretion when dressing for your visit. Restrictions include:
women must wear proper foundation garments (aka - bra and panties)
dresses/skirts - hemlines must be at or below the knee
no plunging necklines
shirts/blouses must have sleeves
no tank tops
no gang identified clothing
no purses allowed into the facility
no outside food or drinks allowed into the facility

When writing letters, you must use a plain envelope....no drawing or graffiti allowed on the envelopes or it will be returned to sender or discarded

I hope this helps...although I realize by now you may have already received the information you were looking for.
Do you know the address I need to mail the clothes and money to?
Old 02-13-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisa stevenson View Post
Do you know the address I need to mail the clothes and money to?
when my brother was in peden, we had to take the clothes down to the facility.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:43 PM

Default waiting

Hello I am waiting for my husband to be transferred. He was taken to county form court on June 12, 2012 and he is still waiting to be transferred to Peden. He is getting hopeless waiting because none of the time in county counts. I called Peden trying to get information but that is quite pointless because they can not tell you anything about their availability.
I see the time most people have to wait is about 4 weeks to 8 weeks,from the comments other people are posting.
Can anyone further enlighten me on anything about this program or what to expect.

Any information would be great!

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:36 AM

So my husband got his approval/final court date for SATF-Peden on 8/2/12 and was transferred there this morning (8/8/12.) I guess we just caught a lucky break on the speed at which he got over there. I called and spoke with someone this morning to get some questions answer about the clothing package. There had been a few changes from the list above so I just wanted to forward on the information. I was told:

7 pair of white or black socks
7 pair of (any color/any style) underwear
7 white t-shirts (must be scoop neck w/ no pockets)
2 thermal shirts (must be creme or white in color)
2 thermal pants (must be creme or white in color)
1 pair shower shoes
2 plain navy blue t-shirts (must be scoop neck with no pocket)
1 gray sweatpants

I will do my best to keep the information coming as I receive it as this was the only place on the web that I found HELPFUL information.