Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Bryan Federal Prison Camp
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Bryan Federal Prison Camp Topics & Discussions relating to the Women's Federal Prison Camp located in Bryan, Texas

Old 07-13-2010, 02:02 PM

Default Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommatifferz View Post
My mother is currently serving a 6 month period at bryan federal holding. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they can receive packages there and if they can if anyone has a website for them. I would greatly appreciate it alot. Me and her fiancee are trying to find out and havent found much of anything. We havent heard from her in 2 weeks now. Just hoping we can send her something to surprise her. Thanks alot i greatly appreciate it.

Tifferz
They cannot receive packages of any kind. Why you haven't heard from her in 2 weeks is unusual. If she took money with her she should be able to call you when her money is posted, ususally within a few days. Send me a message and I will answer any questions you might have about Bryan. The website is fbop.gov and you click on Bryan. There is information there for just about everything they will or will not let visitors do when you visit. I have been out for over a year now.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2010, 04:17 PM

Could you let me know some of what it was like I hear all the horror stories about going to prison. My daughter is a nice person did a terribly stupid thing. Thanks
Old 10-28-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quilter10 View Post
Could you let me know some of what it was like I hear all the horror stories about going to prison. My daughter is a nice person did a terribly stupid thing. Thanks
It could be much worse send me a private message with any questions you have and I will be happy to answer them
Old 10-29-2010, 12:36 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by quilter10 View Post
If she is going to Bryan that is good. I was there for four years. It has been five years since I was there but I do stay in connect with some people still from there.

I know this may sound crazy but it was one of the best experiences of my life. I did stupid things to and didn't get it until I was 40. My case was a drug case and when I went to prison I decided before going that I was going to turn a negative experience into a positive experience. I spent two years in college. The prison had Blinn College from the community come in and teach school. I left with two certificates and I use them today in my jobs.

I did the RDAP program and was in therapy through the LIFT program for three years. The staff in Bryan our excellent for the most part. You will have your trouble makers both staff and inmates but if you go in with a positive attitude and surround yourself with positive people it can be done.

Do your time don't let you time do you was my saying.

Bryan is a camp so it is better but it is still prison away from your loved ones. Tell her to stay busy with rec, school, programs etc... and be around good people and she should be fine.

If I can answer anything for you let me know. If I don't know I can find out for you.

Beth
Old 02-27-2011, 06:14 PM

My mom is in prison there. She is there for a drug charge. She wont get out of prison until around 2016.. She got 12 years but has to serve at least 85%. She really likes it there. She wishes she lived closer to family of course, but there aren't many camps close to Springfield, Mo. I have went to visit her 2 times since she has been there. She works with the dogs, 2 inmates to a room and 2 dogs. She loves working with her dog, she trains it to work with special needs. I think this is a great place for her to be. Honestly, the guards were pretty nice both times we went. Good luck to anyone who is going, has been or has a loved one there.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:07 PM

thanks my mom is there ad i just wanna know what type of place it is and shes alright :'(
Old 07-07-2011, 08:12 AM

I left Bryan last year in July and was there for 18 months. Pls don't worry about her. It is nothing like you see on tv or movies. It's not home, but it's not bad at all. Just like at home, she'll meet some nice people and some not-so-nice people, but most of the ladies are very nice and helpful. And I found that the not-so-nice people tended to stay to themselves. She can read, exercise, take educational classes, do chapel/bible study, do crafts like crochet and ceramics. Really, once she gets to it, you will have a harder time with it than she does. You can msg me if you have any specific questions. This forum helped me a lot before I went in.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:13 PM

Thumbs up

Thank you..I will be leaving to Bryan in Sept 2011..The pics really helped
Old 07-15-2011, 02:45 PM
leisa

Hi, I too will be leaving for Bryan in Sept.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRuin
Thank you..I will be leaving to Bryan in Sept 2011..The pics really helped
How long are you going to be there?
Old 01-17-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
*Note*
Please only post in this thread if you have information to share on Federal Prison Camp Bryan, or pictures to add.
If you have questions, please use the correct forums. (The Road to Prison, etc.)
I was at Bryan from 2002 to 2005, it's not a bad place, there are alot of opportunities for education, rec, etc. You want to go to work at Unicor if possible, and should start trying to get over there as soon as you arrive-it's the only job where you'll actually make any $! When I left I was making 1.25/hr...nothing by free world standards, but in there it's a huge help, especially if like me you left children with family and didn't want to ask for anything or be a burden. The food steadily got worse, the medical care isn't great, just like state prisons they started taking $ from your books for meds, etc. The MOST important thing is to stay out of mess, keep 1st in your mind that all you're there for is to complete your sentence and get home...some of the guards are cool, they will all write you up in a second, and there are several (I'm sure they're still there) who are just plain asses! Visitation is decent, if memory serves correctly you get 1 two hour visit per week, Saturday, Sunday and holidays. You can go outside with your family, when I was there once a year they had Children's day and my son got to come stay with me all day, they had all kinds of activities for us and it was wonderful because we missed each other so much! I encourage anyone to take full advantage of the educational opportunities, stay write up free and get your butt home!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmom2010 View Post
I was at Bryan from 2002 to 2005, it's not a bad place, there are alot of opportunities for education, rec, etc. You want to go to work at Unicor if possible, and should start trying to get over there as soon as you arrive-it's the only job where you'll actually make any $! When I left I was making 1.25/hr...nothing by free world standards, but in there it's a huge help, especially if like me you left children with family and didn't want to ask for anything or be a burden. The food steadily got worse, the medical care isn't great, just like state prisons they started taking $ from your books for meds, etc. The MOST important thing is to stay out of mess, keep 1st in your mind that all you're there for is to complete your sentence and get home...some of the guards are cool, they will all write you up in a second, and there are several (I'm sure they're still there) who are just plain asses! Visitation is decent, if memory serves correctly you get 1 two hour visit per week, Saturday, Sunday and holidays. You can go outside with your family, when I was there once a year they had Children's day and my son got to come stay with me all day, they had all kinds of activities for us and it was wonderful because we missed each other so much! I encourage anyone to take full advantage of the educational opportunities, stay write up free and get your butt home!
I was at Bryan in 2004-2005 and visitation was an all day event. My husband would arrive on Saturday by 8:30 am and stay until around 3 pm but when my parents would come they would stay all day with me on both days. Occasionally I heard that on holidays if things got really crowded they would cut some visits short so others could have a turn at visiting but that was the only time
Old 05-15-2012, 11:38 PM

Thanks for the pic's I just done a long while in TDCJ and found out that my girlfriend Sarah Hart is doing time there. But it helps to know that she is in a good camp, Everthing I've heard about this camp was positive. Can anyone tell me, If they can recive Jpay Emails????

Last edited by Henry Box; 05-15-2012 at 11:53 PM.. Reason: Forgot to ask about jpay Emails
Old 05-29-2012, 02:57 PM

Default the house

Quote:
The warden's house. I don't know if it is still being used.
It seems weird looking at these pics . I was at Bryan in 2000, went there for the boot camp program , my job while i was there was the landscaping detail. I helped to maintain the yard at this house and as far as I know someone did live there then but that was so long ago. i really enjoyed that job.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:21 PM

Default Research on Federal Women's Prisons

My daughter will be doing time in one of the Federal prisons and I am researching which ones offer classes so that when she gets out will have a trade or vocation in field where she will be able to support herself and my grandbaby. Currently, she is in the El Paso Detention center. We live in NM and would like to have information so that she is also close to us.

Last edited by greenfield611; 06-27-2012 at 05:22 PM..
Old 06-27-2012, 05:25 PM

what kind of classes did they offer
Old 06-28-2012, 08:14 AM

I was there in 2009-2010. When I left there was a 12-mo. cosmetology course. Depends on how long she'll be there whether she has a chance to get in. There was a personal trainer certification. Don't know how long that class was. I took the horticulture course which was 4 months, and got a Horticulture Tech certificate. There were business classes taught by the local Blinn College, so she could learn computer and office skills. If she's interested in trades, she could work in plumbing, electrical or landscaping and get actual experience that way. Good luck to both of you.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:39 PM

I will be leaving to do 10 months in September. Will anyone be going to BRYAN FPC soon? I am very nervous. I have never been in trouble before and have no idea what to expect.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:04 AM

There is nothing to be afraid of! Forget everything you see on TV or in movies. Bryan is much like a college campus. And, really, 10 months is not long at all. I had good friends there who had 10 years and longer. You will meet very nice people. Sure, there are some who are not so nice, but just like at home, you can pick your friends. I was there for 18 months, and happy to answer any specific questions you have.
The Following User Says Thank You to Patient2 For This Useful Post:
kkgirl (08-02-2012)
Old 10-21-2012, 11:11 AM

Default thank you...

Thank you for posting those pictures. My g/f is there until the end of April and I will never be able to get onto her visitor list nor have the money to get there if I could. It was nice seeing where she's at so I have an idea of what she sees every day.

Quote:
*Note*
Please only post in this thread if you have information to share on Federal Prison Camp Bryan, or pictures to add.
If you have questions, please use the correct forums. (The Road to Prison, etc.)