Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Member Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mississippi Member Introductions Mississippi members and those affected by the Mississippi prison system only - please introduce yourself here!

Old 11-06-2010, 09:10 PM

Default Introducing myself

Hi I am Diane I would like to introduce myself to everyone on Prison Talk In the state Of Missisissippi Forum,, my Man is located in Leakesville at Souther MS Correctional...if anybody has a love on there of anywhere ...pls help i am new at this and thanks and god bless you
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2010, 09:30 PM
We live...we learn...
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,992 Times in 1,336 Posts

Welcome to the forum, Diane!

My man has been several times in Leakesville, however, he's currently at WCCF, hopefully until he's released. Mississippi loves to move them around. He's been all over the state! lol

I hope you find the help and support you need here. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:13 AM
Pied Piper
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,587 Times in 3,621 Posts

Welcome to PTO!
Old 11-08-2010, 06:07 PM

Welcome to PTO! and to the Mississippi forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithdb2008 View Post
Hi I am Diane I would like to introduce myself to everyone on Prison Talk In the state Of Missisissippi Forum,, my Man is located in Leakesville at Souther MS Correctional...if anybody has a love on there of anywhere ...pls help i am new at this and thanks and god bless you
Old 11-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,722 Times in 1,646 Posts

Welcome to PTO!

Old 11-09-2010, 06:51 PM

Hello everyone i've been on here for a week and today is the only day i had time to sit down and realli enjoy this website which is realli helpful to me in many ways.my fiance is lockup in parchman ms unit 29 he is serving 15 years which of 10 years he has done.i hope to met new friends on this website that knows what im goin through while my fiance is lockup.because i got friends that dont understand why i stick beside my man like i do which has been explain to them once to many times.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:27 AM
TheMrs

Hello Elaine and welcome to pto.com : ) my fiancee is also @ Parchman unit 29. I think no one will ever understand, but here you have us & we will be here for you : ) feel free to pm me if u ever need a friend!
Old 11-30-2010, 05:38 PM

welcome Elaine
hope all is well w/ you and your family during these trying days. Welcome to the PTO forum.

QUOTE=elaine21lady;5771132]Hello everyone i've been on here for a week and today is the only day i had time to sit down and realli enjoy this website which is realli helpful to me in many ways.my fiance is lockup in parchman ms unit 29 he is serving 15 years which of 10 years he has done.i hope to met new friends on this website that knows what im goin through while my fiance is lockup.because i got friends that dont understand why i stick beside my man like i do which has been explain to them once to many times. [/quote]
Old 11-27-2011, 06:20 PM

Hi, I'm new to PTO as well. My sister is still in county waiting transfer to CMCF. she is supposed to enter the A&D long term program. This is all new to us. Can anyone tell me about the transfer process and about the A&D program at CMCF? I don't even know what questions to ask. I feel helpless.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doejane View Post
Hi, I'm new to PTO as well. My sister is still in county waiting transfer to CMCF. she is supposed to enter the A&D long term program. This is all new to us. Can anyone tell me about the transfer process and about the A&D program at CMCF? I don't even know what questions to ask. I feel helpless.

First of all, doejane, welcome to PTO and the Mississippi forum! Hope you find help, comfort and encouragement during this difficult time in your and your sister's lives. Know that we all care on here and will give you support.

I don't know about the A&D program, perhaps there are some others who have had experience who can help you.

As for the transfer process, she will be in county until space opens up at CMCF. It could be a few days or several weeks. She will not know ahead of time; she may have only 15 minutes to prepare for the move. Either the Sheriff's office will transport her, or MDOC will pick her up. She will be processed at CMCF and be in R&C (Receiving and Classification) for about 2-6 weeks. For a period of time, she won't be able to communicate with you, until her approved contact list is created.

There is a good overview of the process in the CMCF forum. You can find it here.

Hope this helps you a little bit.

Be sure to check some of the other forums on PTO which may help for specific issues. There is a wealth of information here.

Keep in touch. Feel free to ask questions, vent or share your concerns.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:59 PM

Lordhelp, thank you your the info. I will check out the site. I so grateful for PTO and all the wonderful people on here. It's good to read the posts and hear from people who understand what this is all about. What it feels like. How it hurts. I used to worry about my little Sis. Never knowing where she was or if she was even alive. She's been on meth a long time. When she's clean she's the sweetest little thing. The most kind loving heart. I'm thankful that she is going to get help but scared to death about what she might have to go through to get it. I've heard some pretty harsh stories. I'm clueless about the whole system. I'm reading everything I can to help navigate our way through. Leaning on God for all I'm worth!
Old 11-28-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Lordhelp, thank you your the info. I will check out the site. I so grateful for PTO and all the wonderful people on here. It's good to read the posts and hear from people who understand what this is all about. What it feels like. How it hurts. I used to worry about my little Sis. Never knowing where she was or if she was even alive. She's been on meth a long time. When she's clean she's the sweetest little thing. The most kind loving heart. I'm thankful that she is going to get help but scared to death about what she might have to go through to get it. I've heard some pretty harsh stories. I'm clueless about the whole system. I'm reading everything I can to help navigate our way through. Leaning on God for all I'm worth!

You're going to be leaning a lot on God through all this. Don't forget that He is in control, and even though the world seems evil and crazy, you need to trust Him and allow Him to bring you and your sister through this.

You'll find that MDOC and all the prison systems in this country are really another world, another reality that is almost unknown to those not in contact with it. I'm so thankful for PTO being here as a resource. Just know that in some cases, you'll get people's opinion, not necessarily the gospel truth. So you need to read with discernment and weigh the advice and comments. But for the most part, you will get good insights on here.

Let us know how we can help you through this. You're beginning a journey that will likely take much time and energy. We're all in this together!
Old 11-28-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:

You're going to be leaning a lot on God through all this. Don't forget that He is in control, and even though the world seems evil and crazy, you need to trust Him and allow Him to bring you and your sister through this.

You'll find that MDOC and all the prison systems in this country are really another world, another reality that is almost unknown to those not in contact with it. I'm so thankful for PTO being here as a resource. Just know that in some cases, you'll get people's opinion, not necessarily the gospel truth. So you need to read with discernment and weigh the advice and comments. But for the most part, you will get good insights on here.

Let us know how we can help you through this. You're beginning a journey that will likely take much time and energy. We're all in this together!
Old 02-01-2012, 08:31 PM

Unhappy

Hi, my name is Amy & I would like to introdouce myself. My boyfriend is at Alcorn County Regional Correctional Facility.He is from Alabama and I am trying to find out info about Interstate Compact. I've read what info is on the MDOC handbook on their website, but if anyone could tell me anything about ACRC or exactly how interstate compact really works with MDOC I would really apprecite it.