Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Prisons & Jails > St. Clair Correctional Facility - Alabama
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

St. Clair Correctional Facility - Alabama Topics and discussion specific to St. Clair Correctional Facility in Springville, Alabama.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamasweetness
Hello, Is there anyone on here that travels from Birmingham to St. Clair for visits???
Hi did you get to visit your love one? I'm looking for information about the visitting room, and how to buy picture duckets
Old 09-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Low's Girl Forever

In need of a ride and will share cost of gas.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Low's Girl Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly70 View Post
Hi did you get to visit your love one? I'm looking for information about the visitting room, and how to buy picture duckets

No, this will be my first visit..I'm trying to find a rideshare or it will most likely have to be in a taxi.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:21 PM

Unhappy Vent

Nothing suprises me about st clair how did a gun get inside the prison the inmates didnt go to the store and by one did there it amazees me how the drugs and cell phones and god knows what else gets insides the prison.but we no the real truth dont we every body.but the inmates get the blame then when they come up for parole its in their jacket what they got caught with.what kind of crap is that?how can you punish the inmate when the system is alowing the crap to come inside?what is wrong with this system?well it makes me sick just to think about the things going on behind those walls .when are people are gonna stand up for the injustices going on with their love ones?so they brought the riot squad in to fine a gun who brought the gun inside thats what they should want to no.but its easier to blame a inmate something is badly wrong with this crazy as crap.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:27 AM

Hello all!!! My boyfriend is in St. Clair and just got off of restrictions. His visit is this Saturday, and I have no clue as to what I am able to wear. They seem to have so many different restrictions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am new to this site...just found it maybe an hour ago!
Old 07-21-2012, 01:29 PM
English Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator PTO Ambassador of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 12,545 Times in 6,753 Posts

Hi there, We do have a sticky at the top of the forum that gives you some ideas of the dress code.
Looking at your post I know you have probably been for a visit today so I hope you have a good one

Old 07-21-2012, 09:18 PM

Thank you Lisainengland!!! My visit was absolutely amazing!!!! I got to spend 4 hours with my boo and loved every single minute of it!
The Following User Says Thank You to BB Gupton For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (07-22-2012)
Old 09-11-2012, 07:07 PM

Hi, I am new to all this and open to everyone's advice. But my boyfriend was sent to St. Clair and I concerned about the visitation. I am aware of the ideas st the top of the forum, but I have some concerns. First, the shoes can u not wear sandals or open toe shoes? Second can you wear skinny legged jeans or jeggings? Third, how does the process work when your lined up in your cars during visitation. Will you line up and exit ur car while in line and walk to the facility? HELP!!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:55 PM
DebAKirk

You may want to call and ask specifically about the shoes you want to wear but they did tell my sister that her open-toed sandals were allowed. As far as the parking goes...once you have been let inside the gate you park as normal and line up at the door to go in. Unless you are being dropped off...the person driving you is not allowed to sit in the parking lot and wait, they have to drop you off and come back to pick you up after visiting. Hope that's helpful
Jays#1girl (09-12-2012), lisainengland (09-13-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 08:56 PM

Ur response was helpful, thnx so much. O can I get them to send me so info or do u know

Last edited by Jays#1girl; 09-12-2012 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-13-2012, 10:36 AM

HELLLOOOO, is there n e one who knows someone in St. Clair? My BF was transferred there 2days ago and i still haven't spoken to him. Is this normal? Does he have to have a phone list or something? I am really worried about him and i have no idea of what is going on.

Last edited by Jays#1girl; 09-13-2012 at 10:43 AM..
Old 09-13-2012, 12:23 PM
DebAKirk

Yes unfortunately it is very normal. It will probably be a few days before you do hear from him. He has to do the intake process and get settled. Yes, he will have to submit your number for his phone list. That usually only takes 2-3 days to get approved. The waiting game is no fun, i know. hang in there!!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:08 AM

well, i received a letter from him and when they transferred him, they sent him directly to lock up. he can only write me which sucks until they put him in population. which means that he has all these restrictions so i know there are things he needs that he doesn't have.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:19 PM

Hey Jays#1girl!!!

Sorry for the late response. I have been extremely busy and unable to get onto PTO! Why did they put him directly into lock up? I know for a fact that they have plenty of beds open right now. Did he get in trouble before he was transferred maybe? To answer your question about the shoes/sandals, they can be open toe, but they must have a strap at the back. You cannot wear any shoes that do not have that strap to go around the back of your foot. Skinny jeans are okay, but I would not wear jeggings honestly if I were you! Depending on who is checking you in for the day, you may get sent home. For visitation, you line up in the driveway until they let you into the parking lot (they check your ID card while you are outside). Once you have parked, you go up to the entrance so you can go in and sign in for the day. Visitations start at 8, and you must be there before 10 in order to visit. You must definitely be on a phone list in order to receive phone calls from him. That is a fairly quick process though. I hope this response has helped, let me know if you need any more help girl. And he will be out of lock up soon!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB Gupton For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (09-17-2012)
Old 09-17-2012, 04:03 PM

thnx alot for the response. but he was transferred about bcuz of a cell phone contraband and i think that this may be a disciplinary with restrictions or something. so i am praying that this lock up crap wont be forever. bcuz i am sure tht he won't b able to turn in a phone and visitation list until he is out of lock up.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:54 AM

Hey Jays#1girl! Were you able to get on your man's list yet? I know the holidays are coming up and it would be so amazing to get to visit him as much as possible.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:02 PM

Hey BB Gupton!!! Thnx for thinking about us. I finally spoke with last week and I was super excited it was ridiculus. They didn't put him on close custody but he is still in lock up which sucks. Ad Seg has visitation Dec. 6th and i can't wait. But its only from 8-11 and I have a 5hr drive. Don't get me wrong it will be well worth.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:46 PM

Hey Jays#1girl, do you know the Admin Seg visitation schedule? My man just got off restriction this week and I want to see him as soon as possible. When is the next visit?
Old 01-27-2013, 05:40 PM

It's in March, I believe the first thursday of that month. My babe is in population now and I was able to c him on yesterday. Great visit under the circumstances.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:04 PM

Wink Visiting from New York

I visit my fiance from New York; I've been to st. clair twice, not bad, guards could be a little annoying...they tried to tell me once that he didn't have a visit on the day I came down there, as if he doesn't know when he has visits. I was about to have a fit....the women guards always have issues. I haven't seen one that I can say treats you like you're human.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Gupton View Post
Thank you Lisainengland!!! My visit was absolutely amazing!!!! I got to spend 4 hours with my boo and loved every single minute of it!
I bet you had a blast, the visiting room is great