Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Native American Prisoner Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Native American Prisoner Discussions Dedicated to Native American prisoners and their loved ones.

Old 10-11-2005, 07:28 AM

Default back...trying to sit still til January

I am back here in Mass...real busy for the next week, but i will try to stay in the loop...doctor appt's, dads surgery, and unpacking (BLAH!!!!)

nice to see the forums carrying on...

(til the next time)

Cyndi
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2005, 09:23 AM
Account Closed

Welcome back, Cyndi!! I can empathize. I just got back from San Francisco and have snow on the ground here. Hope you can take time to enjoy the leaves.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:56 PM
moving forward...

Thanked 1,925 Times in 950 Posts

Cyndi, glad to hear you made it back to Mass safely. Sorry couldn't catch up with you again. Take some time to relax girl, you deserve it. And what is happening in Jan, are yo heading back to Indiana?

Staci
Old 11-27-2005, 07:14 AM

Default I am back, I think...

its been a hella few weeks...depostions with the post office (outcome was good, but it was so000000 stressful and required all my attention,,,hearing on December 9) in between that i was at several red road gatherings, for both wellbriety and recovery and prison issues) I attentded the 36th annual National Day of Mourning in Plymouth, MA...a really emotional and spiritual and empowering experience...and for me, something more, as half of my family is European...Not all of my family supports my life choices and to them iI am disrespecting them for taking part in this gathering. What they don't understand is that although I love them all, I have a hard time accepting (a major understatement) not only my European ancestors choices and actions, but when i look at what the government's actions, its like pouring salt in a wound...

speaking of the governent they cut my disablility toin half to 830 a month...that doesnt even pay my rent and car [payment, never mind utilities and groceries... the past week has been cold in massachusetts, with snow too...so i find myself sinking into the winter blues and wrapped in blankets making typing impossible...

Do not think for even a minute, i am whining...i am not, merely stating facts...if i think i want to whine, all i have to do is think of the native people, elders and kids,living in way worse conditions than i am...

anyways, thats where i have been...how about all of you???

(til the next time)

Cyndi
Old 12-26-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Aholiday message...

http://www.msnusers.com/Cyndisalbums...c24%2D05%2Edoc

(til the next time)

Cyndi
Old 02-15-2006, 06:09 AM

Default heading west

In a couple of weeks I will be on my way to Indiana to see my husband...YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! its been 6 months, this has been the longest period of time we have been apart...and it SUCKS!!! Last time I was there, I bought a trailer and this time I am looking at land...I found a beautiful peice of river front property for a reasonable price and I hope to purchase it this time around...I am not moving there, I have my parents to take care of on the east coast...but it will give me a place to stay for longer periods without paying as much as I have for a cabin or hotel...Recently, though, the IRS habded me a rather large bill and that may interfere with the purchase...still staying positive and hoping to get a break...Also, I have been shopping for a laptop so I can keep in touch a little better...

I will be leaving sometime in the beginning of March...I will keep you posted!!!

(til the next time)

Cyndi
Old 03-02-2006, 11:56 AM

Default heading out return 3/30ish

going to visit my hunny, in 3 weeks time i will get 3 visits, 2 one week on tuesday and thursday, then wait 2 weeks and get 1 more,,,then i will be back here for at least 3 months. oops shoot,,,then its almost summer and i will have to go again

i tried soooooooooooo hard to get a lap top even to rent one for a month so I could stay in touch....i just couldnt make it happen...so I will try to get to a library here and there....

take good care!!!

(til the next time)

Cyndi

Last edited by Wingy; 03-02-2006 at 11:58 AM..
Old 05-10-2006, 05:29 AM

Default argh!!!! jon hunting and doctor's appts!!!

That seems to be my life right now...running from one end of the county to the opposite end...I hate that I have to get a job, especially in the summer when I should be on the road!!!!! course, who could afford to be on the road with gas what it is without a job?????

(til the next time)

Cyndi
Old 05-10-2006, 03:41 PM
No more exploitation

Default Hey

Dear Si-star C

It is never good to hear about folks hardship and struggle and truly wish I could help and support you with all there is to it. But you be in our prayers and hopefully things will turn to the better ASAP

Walk in beauty
Old 05-12-2006, 10:18 AM

Aya S'tar, thank you so much, I am ok...and I know you do all you can to support those people near by...things are not so bad here....hck its just money and I have no love of that...just need a few more of those frogskins to get by...so many people have it so much harder than i, I am blessed in so many ways....mostly I am just sorry not to be devoting mre time to our forum here, and it does burn me that this search for the almighty dollar, interferes with the REALLY important things in life, like the community...

Thank you for your prayers...

(til the next time)

Cyndi
Old 05-13-2006, 10:26 AM
Account Closed

I wish you luck in finding a job that will enable you to travel to see Skeeter and your loved ones across the country. And buy a laptop so you can keep in touch with us. We miss you your frequent posts, Cyndi!! I know you are here in spirit. Hope you get to some powwows this summer. Come see me if you are in my area!
Old 05-17-2006, 10:39 PM

Hey Karen!!!
Thanks!!! It just so happens that I start work tonight, nothing too interesting and back on the over night, but its money. I always enjoyed the over night shift, it seemed to me when i was working it it was almost always morning...I didn't like waking up much, but once I got up and walked my dog I remembered how much I enjoyed the quiet hush of the middle of the night. I will be driving around dropping newpaper bundles, not sure if physically i can do it, but its only 3 nights a week...and yeah, if I am good, i can take leaves of absense, and these people always need someone to do the job...so I can come back to it...

Nice hearing from you girl!!!

(til the next time)

Cyndi
Old 05-18-2006, 03:43 PM
Account Closed

Hey back!

Hope it all works out and don't ruin your back. I am trying to avoid more bulging disks myself.

Sounds like good match if you can take off to go see your honey. Hope it is soon.

I just got the sweetest letter today from the mother of one of my penpals. He left the reservation for the excitement of the city life and his prison time has changed and matured him, made him realize how important family is. I can't wait for their reunion in June. His mom thanked me so eloquently, I will treasure that letter forever. I know my young friend can't fail, going back to parents like that! (I sent his photos, some enlarged, and they made his grandmother cry!) The reservation is still tough, but there are more resources available and he's working hard to complete his GED.

I am even encouraging him to learn to email! Maybe we'll see him here before long. Keep him in your prayers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingy
Hey Karen!!!
Thanks!!! It just so happens that I start work tonight, nothing too interesting and back on the over night, but its money. I always enjoyed the over night shift, it seemed to me when i was working it it was almost always morning...I didn't like waking up much, but once I got up and walked my dog I remembered how much I enjoyed the quiet hush of the middle of the night. I will be driving around dropping newpaper bundles, not sure if physically i can do it, but its only 3 nights a week...and yeah, if I am good, i can take leaves of absense, and these people always need someone to do the job...so I can come back to it...

Nice hearing from you girl!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 05:30 AM

Karen!! yikes!! that is huge!!! I want to be there in June for the reunion, too!!!

Oh and I slept thru my new job last night...oh well...I start another one on monday, better hours (4 to 8pm) easier (calling people to remind them its time to get their septic tanks pumped) and more money to boot!!! its thru a temp agency, which is fine by me...just give them my notice when I am ready to go, and come back to another job...

(til the next time)

Cyndi
Old 08-18-2006, 08:00 AM

Default wassup!!!????!!!!

Hi Stars, bro's of my PTO family!!!

I'm back from indiana, for a week now and not really happy about it. This visit was too fast (arent they all???) Seriously, I am used to going and staying for anywhere betwqeem a month and two munths and visiting several times. Being as I just started a new job, thats just not possible and won't be til i get my finanaces in order (for the first time ever in my life) On the bright side, we had two wonderful visits!!!

I am fighting the second staph infection in my blood, the first one occured 2 weeks before I left for indiana, we thought we had it under control but it showed up again, in the form of ulcers on my leg, while I was in Indiana...I am not a baby so the pain doesnt get me, but the fact that I can't go swimming is killing me!!! bad enough that I am working and can't be lakefront all day, but now I cant even go wading, because the ulcers are just above my ankle!!! AAAARGGGG!!!

Ok, I am done whining.

I am able to work again...I actually love my job (even though it takes up way too much of my time), my family is healthy. Lifew is good, and I am blessed.

Ktthe Mnedo, IGWIEN!!!
(Creator, i an grateful)
may my gratitude show in each breath, each step that I take, each word that I speak, and in all I do. Aho

(til the next time)

Cyndi
Old 08-18-2006, 11:56 PM
Account Closed

Glad you had a good visit, Cyndi. I hear from your honey's old cellie and he's a bit down in the dumps. All the changes there in IN are stressful and he lost his appeal .

Seems the summer heat must stress a lot of people--my male penpals are not getting to the sweatlodge and one just got into trouble for drugs, first time in two years. He really needs your prayers--his son also just got incarcerated.

But my American Indian lady friends are doing well--working hard, one is in a treatment center and another has maintained sobriety since her release in June. The circle in her prison is a lot different than in the mens' prisons--relationships are a lot closer--they are more like a family.

Take care of that bug!

Hope everyone's having a great summer. I'm traveling to KY in a couple of weeks to see family and my cousin I haven't seen since high school (sent him a Christmas card when I found out he was in jail for a DUI and we have become great friends). Can't wait (though not looking forward to flying these days).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingy
Hi Stars, bro's of my PTO family!!!

I'm back from indiana, for a week now and not really happy about it. This visit was too fast (arent they all???) Seriously, I am used to going and staying for anywhere betwqeem a month and two munths and visiting several times. Being as I just started a new job, thats just not possible and won't be til i get my finanaces in order (for the first time ever in my life) On the bright side, we had two wonderful visits!!!

I am fighting the second staph infection in my blood, the first one occured 2 weeks before I left for indiana, we thought we had it under control but it showed up again, in the form of ulcers on my leg, while I was in Indiana...I am not a baby so the pain doesnt get me, but the fact that I can't go swimming is killing me!!! bad enough that I am working and can't be lakefront all day, but now I cant even go wading, because the ulcers are just above my ankle!!! AAAARGGGG!!!

Ok, I am done whining.

I am able to work again...I actually love my job (even though it takes up way too much of my time), my family is healthy. Lifew is good, and I am blessed.

Ktthe Mnedo, IGWIEN!!!
(Creator, i an grateful)
may my gratitude show in each breath, each step that I take, each word that I speak, and in all I do. Aho
Old 10-17-2006, 06:13 PM

Default check in!!!its way to quiet in here!!!!

I check in everyday to see whats going on...there hasnt been a post in our forum since 10/11! so check in now!!! PULEEEEEEZE!!!!

(til the next time)

Cyndi
Old 10-30-2006, 07:16 PM

Hi there all....relatively new to PTO and I am so glad to have found it. I have been able to find answers to my ?'s ....My sweet patootie is Native American and as soon as he got to EOCI he sought his brothers and has been participating in sweat. His concern though is that it hasn't happened as often as it is supposed to and he fears the spiritual leader will be quitting soon too and no one there knows who could or would take over...It is such an important part of his life and is helping him to keep sane...
Old 11-02-2006, 07:36 AM

As always, ALL communities inside the wall need a voice OUTSIDE the wall. Its time consuming, because their needs are many...

Find Native communities close to the are and begin there..asking for help.

You can find local communities by typing powwow into your browser

There are zillions of powwow calendars on the interente and seperated by region or date. They have contact numbers. also on the resource page, here in the forum ( http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=133021 ) are many resources for finding help. But, it takes time and tenacity...keep calling if you don't get a call back...

(til the next time)

Cyndi

Last edited by Wingy; 11-02-2006 at 07:39 AM..
Old 03-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Account Closed

If anyone is writing a Lokota in AZ with the initials CI, would you please PM me? Thanks. I need help making a decision.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:36 AM

Default hey

hey all, I am on line for the first time in a while and only just for a minute...I have been in north west arizona for most of the winter and will be here til the weather turns nice back east again. Its tuff without an internet connection and unfortunately many of libraries I have been to consider pto a danger to the children so its blocked.

Anyways, I hope you and your loved ones are all well...judging from the number of alerts in my email the forum has been fairly busy, which is great!!!

Karen, i got your invite to facebook, but they make you register to respond, and I am just not into the registering thing as long as my access to the internet is so sporadic.

take good care!!
Cyndi

(til the next time)

Cyndi
Old 05-24-2008, 11:02 AM

Default hello from the middle of nowhere

Hi!! I hope all is well with you and yours. I am still in Arizona and see no means of escape anytime soon. I apologise for not checking in more frequently but my laptop died months ago.

right now, I am on the library computer. the library is 20 miles from where I am staying and the cost of gas, and the lack of open hours at the library keeps me from getting here very often.

I'll catch up when I can.
In the meantime, take good care

Karen, dunno if you have hear from Bruce, But He has Joined Skeeter in the PLUS program and is back to attending the circle frequently. He also experienced his first sweat last month. He i doing well, and I know Skeeter is loing that he is close again.

(til the next time)

Cyndi
Old 07-18-2011, 01:51 AM
Account Closed

There is a PowWow in Bakersfield California this month.